Raised toilet seat and shower chair at SSR

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
When I made my reservation at SSR I could still comfortably stay in a regular room. There was no HC availability when I tried to modify the reservation after my needs changed. The MS rep put down a request for an toilet riser and a shower chair.

When we checked in neither was in the room. I called the “front desk” (I know it’s offsite). I was told they do not bring it until after check-in which I can understand as people often change rooms.

I’d really meant to bring mine from home as I’d heard too many horror stories about faulty Disney equipment. We just forgot to pack them. I was prepared to just go buy replacements.

About 5 minutes after my call I got a very functional riser and shower chair. The seat riser has 4 legs and fits over the toilet. It has handles to help lift oneself up. It is very stable. The person who brought the shower chair said he made sure the one he brought was smaller and would fit in the tub. It also is very stable.

With these two accessories I can stay in a regular room without bringing items from home. I am quite pleased. The tub does have a grab bar. Just wanted to share.

Thanks for that info! I've heard varying reports on resort availability of a shower chair.

I had too. Maybe it helped to request it ahead of time. These don’t look old at all.
I recently had a bad experience with a roll-in shower HA room at BWV that had no shower bench or adjustable shower head. Both had obviously been broken for quite awhile. We were finally given a shower chair that looked like something dug out of a dumpster. I called MS after we got home to let them know how disappointed I was with the shower. I told them that my chair at home cost less than $100 & there’s no excuse for them giving a guest such a pathetic chair to use in a HA room that should have one in it. The guy agreed that it was unacceptable & kept apologizing. Maybe he actually meant it & they replaced them all. I’m glad you were provided a nice chair. I would still be a little nervous about counting on one to be provided if I couldn’t get a HA room. I understand that sometimes you have to make do with a regular room & glad they provided what you need to make it work. Sounds like you & I have similar conditions. Constantly adapting to loosing the ability to do simple things. About the time you accept & adapt, your condition worsens.

Sounds like you & I have similar conditions. Constantly adapting to losing the ability to do simple things. About the time you accept & adapt, your condition worsens.

Isn't that the truth. Two years I could walk 3 miles easily with my friend who is a fairly fast walker. I could walk up to the third balcony at a theatre a year and a half ago, but it took a lot of effort. After several falls (tripped on my own feet) I went to have a nerve conduction test done and fell flat on my face in the doctor's office (7 stitches required to my lip). I could still walk if I was careful. Then I could walk with a walker. Now I only have the ability to walk a few yards with a rollator and not even two steps without holding on to something.

I can still drive as this is my left leg. But it bothers me that I think it is starting in my right leg too. Not sure I will even be able to do a rollator at all if this continues to progress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter