Random DisneyWorld advice

Hmm.. this is far too broad. Is this a very first trip? Who is going (adults, kids-ages..). Need more detail to help..

You will see more and do more if you are there very early, Rope Drop or even earlier.
Take a midday break---go back to your room, rest, swim, cool off---then return later in the day and stay til closing.
Plan table service restaurants ahead of time, get what is called an ADR---and advanced dining reservation---ahead of time, walk ups are virtually never available, of course depending on time of year, etc.

If you have a chance go to a after hours party, my first one was christmas. Its really a awesome experience , few to no lines, every party is diffrent but some kind of free food.

Stop and soak everything in. I went to DL last month with a group of 9. It was crazy sometimes but I just enjoyed everything about it. I was so happy to be there. I'll be going to WDW in a week to celebrate my birthday with my twin brother that lives and works there. It will be a 4 day trip but I'm not worried about "getting everything in". Im so excited to be there and with my brother for our birthday.

Take time to look at the details of everything. The restaurants, the lines, and even the shops! They put a lot of detail into everything to theme it.

Interact with cast members. They can make a trip memorable! In DCA I sent some post cards from one of the in park mailboxes. My husband took my picture while I was dropping them in and there were some street performers that were walking down and struck up a conversation. One of the performers was a letter carrier and asked why I wasn't having her send my mail. It was such a fun interaction that I'll definitely remember it. We chatted about our frozen 2 shirts we were wearing and everything.

My number one piece of advice I give to people going to WDW is to plan to eat lunch at 11 and dinner at 5. Especially if you're eating QS meals, you will be amazed at the difference in lines between 11 and noon. Then you're done eating right as everyone else is getting in food lines.

Bring at least two pairs of shoes! I'm athletic and in good shape, but man do my feet get tired after walking/standing ALL day for a week + ! I like to bring two pairs of comfortable shoes and alternate days so I'm not always standing on the same pressure points.

Bring at least two pairs of shoes! I'm athletic and in good shape, but man do my feet get tired after walking/standing ALL day for a week + ! I like to bring two pairs of comfortable shoes and alternate days so I'm not always standing on the same pressure points.
Thats really good advice, but you forgot never never bring new shoes :)

Don't be a pack horse. Opinions vary on this, but I am not a fan of hauling half the world around in a backpack. Save up to have enough $$ to cover the occasional bottle of water or drink the free water offered, etc.

Same with me but also because you may get caught in a downpour and you will have a dry pair of shoes to change into if your first pair isn't dry by the morning or when you head back out.

My advice: The quietest time in the parks is the first 2-3 hours, if possible be there before the park opens. Clearing security and getting through the admission gate takes time. I try to plan for to be there at least 1 hour before the park opens. It is early but you would be amazed how much you can accomplish in the mornings. Alternatively, if the parks are open past midnight, I'm told that the crowds drop significantly later in the evening.

My second piece of advice: if possible stay on site. At Disney World, staying at a Disney hotel completes the magical experience. The theming of the hotel and restaurants as well as Disney transportation helps to ensure that the magic doesn't end at the end of your day. It is a very different experience than staying off-site.

Last edited:
Do a dining plan if staying onsite. Even if I can crunch the numbers and save money by buying out of pocket, I just find it nice to get to Disney World and have everything paid for. No checking prices every time you sit to pay. Just get there and enjoy. Plus, you will find that you enjoy more of what Disney has to offer in terms of their wonderful restaurants!

excellent advice - also, bring one pair of clean or better yet new socks for each day you will be in the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!