Random question about kids all day dining

kstgelais4

DIS Veteran
im reading the specs on seaWorlds all day dining, and it seems adults get to choose an entree, side or dessert, and beverage each time. Whereas kids can only choose a kids meal each time. It’s 20 bucks for the kids plan, and the kids meals are only $7. Part of the appeal to me was being able to go through the line and grab a snack (fruit) and drink, but if my kids can’t get just a drink or snack, it sort of looses the appeal.
Can anyone who has used it for kids, share some specifics with me?

My only experience was with my nephew two years ago. It was not a good experience for him as he was limited to the kids meals and was disappointed seeing the choices his older cousins had. He could only get the kids meals with the kid size drinks and the kids dessert which was usually a cookie. The older kids had more options and cake, fruit, parfaits and other options that he did not have and you could see the look on his face when faced with his choices vs theirs.

Yeah we went 2 years ago and got the BOGO-free meals. My older daughter eats like a bird; so she got a kids plan, the younger one actually eats food; so we got her an adult plan. She wouldn't have liked the kids plan.

When we had the all day dining plan, we didn't use the kids' plan because my kids are older but~ I feel like $20 is reasonable for park food all day. You really can't beat that price and if you are there all day, will most likely spend close to that amount any way.
I feel like if you use the plan to its potential, it can really be a lot of food. (I'm assuming the adults will have the adult plan...) Depending on what you order, you can easily share portions of your adult meals with your child if they want additional options to supplement the kids' meals. The fruit sides alone are very generous portions and are easily enough to share. I stressed about the all day dining plan ahead of time and tried to find as much info ahead of time as I could. I didn't find as much info as I wanted to but enough here to know it would be fine. We just went with the flow when we were there and it all worked out well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!