Random thoughts on BOG, Sanaa, Kouzzina, Studio Catering, 1900 PF and Beirgarten

nigel-bigel

DIS Veteran
Not complete reviews, just impressions that stand out from our recent visit...

Be Our Guest - Wonderful!!! Went for lunch. Stood in a line they claimed was about an hour, we ordered within 35 minutes. Everyone enjoyed their meal but mine was the best (Braised Pork). This was such a great experience all around - food quality, service, atmosphere - a terrific value (well, for WDW anyway!).

My concern is that WDW will change something to make it more profitable for them, and that is either lowering food quality or changing lunch to TS. Go now while you can!

Sanaa - Great dinner! We had such a knowledgable server (Dan) which is so important in a place with an unusual menu. While we didn't love everything, we did enjoy most and had fun trying all the different dishes. I would recommend Sanaa to anyone who has even a slightly adventurous spirit!

Kouzzina - Very good. I went two years ago and had an amazing dinner. Cat Cora was there then and the whole place was at their very best. I was curious to see how things would go when she wasn't there. I was pleasantly surprised!

We had a yummy and relaxing dinner, tried some new flavors and all walked away satisfied. Our server was new and not too familiar with Greek cuisine, but she was the only semi-blemish. I would recommend Kouzzina to everyone.

Studio Catering Company - Nice surprise! With all of the complaining about QS at DHS, I was really at a loss as where to eat. They all sounded equally bad, so I figured we would be disappointed no matter where we went. I was wrong! SCC was a great choice!

The food was fresh and tasty. All four of us ordered something different and all four of us had no complaints at all. There is decent food at DHS - yay!

1900 Park Fare - Eh. We went for dinner since my teen DDs wanted a character dining experience but are kind of old for Pooh. Dinner was okay, certainly not bad but nothing memorable. Kind of like hotel banquet food (Which, essentially, it is.) Strawberry soup tastes like melted ice cream. Interesting chocolate-gingerbead pastries.

Character interaction was just okay as well. We were looking forward to joking with the stepsisters but they only felt like taking pictures. Really no need for us to return.

Beirgarten - A mixed bag. Service was wonderful, our waitress was terrific. The band was fun and we were very entertained by the little kids dancing. But the food was hit or miss. I couldn't get enough of the German potato salad or the tomato salad, both were yum. Nothing else stands out except those two salads. The sausage salad was like sliced hot dogs in vinegar, the schnitzel was dry and tough. Fun place to be, not a memorable meal.

Just wanted to share...

Nicole

Thank you for sharing your experiences! We agree 100% with your review of Studio Catering Company. We always enjoy our lunch there and leave satisfied. We skipped it last trip and actually missed it. We have been luckier with the food at Biergarten and the character interaction at 1900 PF (but we agree about the food at PF)! Fortunately, we like melted ice cream! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter