"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

I have a spilt stay POR & WL do I have to buy two length of stays at $17.99

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well, sounds like my decision earlier this year to give up all these beverages was a good idea, for more reasons than I realized. I'm thankfully going to be able to avoid all of this rapidfill business. Except for water.

Disney is getting so complicated these days... !!

Well, sounds like my decision earlier this year to give up all these beverages was a good idea, for more reasons than I realized. I'm thankfully going to be able to avoid all of this rapidfill business. Except for water.

Disney is getting so complicated these days... !!

Doesn't sound complicated to me. You drink a lot of soda and coffee at your resort you buy a mug. Fill it. Bring it to your table. Drink. Go back if you want a refill.

You have an old mug. Leave it home.

jetdoctor said:
I have a spilt stay POR & WL do I have to buy two length of stays at $17.99

Here at the park now. Went to buy cup and I am doing splitstay. Since Coronado is not RFID and AKL is I was told I have to buy twice. So I'm saving the money and not getting them.

Here at the park now. Went to buy cup and I am doing splitstay. Since Coronado is not RFID and AKL is I was told I have to buy twice. So I'm saving the money and not getting them.

I'm surprised they are any resorts that haven't converted over yet. I was told at CBR some time back that if I kept the receipt, they would take care of it, but I didn't get a feeling that was policy and would be up to the manager at the other resort...

doconeill said:
I'm surprised they are any resorts that haven't converted over yet. I was told at CBR some time back that if I kept the receipt, they would take care of it, but I didn't get a feeling that was policy and would be up to the manager at the other resort...

Pepper Market isn't run by Disney. Might be the reason

Pepper Market isn't run by Disney. Might be the reason

Interesting, didn't know that. But if they are selling the old ones, I expect Disney is in charge of that aspect and they will switch.

Then why not just buy at a resort that is RFID? They are good at all resorts so no reason to buy it at a resort that isn't on the same program yet.

Because you can't use it at the places that have the new dispensers...no chip, no service

If you buy it at an RFID resort then it will obviously have a chip in it. And length of stay is good for 2 weeks so they are covered for the split stay. RFID chip mugs work at the regular and chipped dispensers.

Not really sure what was confusing about that in my previous post.

Because you can't use it at the places that have the new dispensers...no chip, no service

RFID mugs are the ones with the chip. The suggestion was to buy it elsewhere, so it does have the chip, and will work at both resorts without needing to purchase twice. :)

If you buy it at an RFID resort then it will obviously have a chip in it. And length of stay is good for 2 weeks so they are covered for the split stay. RFID chip mugs work at the regular and chipped dispensers.

Not really sure what was confusing about that in my previous post.

Because I misread it ;)

I shot through it and was thinking it said "buy either...what's the problem"

You are correct...if you buy the r2d2 artificial intelligence mug...you should be fine at any

Just back from a stay at AOA. We stayed at POFQ two weeks ago. I brought my mug back and figured I will pay for refills.

I was charged 11.99 and .78 tax for the 2 days on my mug. I thought they made a mistake and went back to food court to ask about it. Yes, the cost to refill was 12.77. I didn't get a new mug. Price is the same whether you bring the mug back or not.

Just back from a stay at AOA. We stayed at POFQ two weeks ago. I brought my mug back and figured I will pay for refills.

I was charged 11.99 and .78 tax for the 2 days on my mug. I thought they made a mistake and went back to food court to ask about it. Yes, the cost to refill was 12.77. I didn't get a new mug. Price is the same whether you bring the mug back or not.

Thanks K...that's the first I've heard of even being allowed to reactivate a mug...

Thanks K...that's the first I've heard of even being allowed to reactivate a mug...

that's a very subtle HUGELY important tip.

If they can reactivate...then on one hand it saves the plastic - which is a huge problem in the discussion of this for me.
But it also makes reactivation PURE profit...like just the syrup. And that almost makes it a consumer ponzi scheme at those prices.

I know "you don't have to buy it"...yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah...the shield of greed

that's a very subtle HUGELY important tip.

If they can reactivate...then on one hand it saves the plastic - which is a huge problem in the discussion of this for me.
But it also makes reactivation PURE profit...like just the syrup. And that almost makes it a consumer ponzi scheme at those prices.

I know "you don't have to buy it"...yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah...the shield of greed

Pure greed. It should be at a discounted rate to deactivate.

BINGO...absolutely.

I'd haul mugs back and forth...no problem. But every business i've ever seen with a beverage refill system/cup/policy has a discount for the reuse...because a chimpanzee can understand that if you reuse a cup it CUTS THE OVERHEAD!!!

that's a seller/sellee relationship that doesn't need to be messed with.

Standard pricing for reuse is WRONG. period. I'll die on that hill.:duck:

I herd this the other day. That coke pays for all soda at wdw Disney doesn't pay one cent. Part of cokes corporate sponsorship I think Disney continues to hit us customers hard but I also know that they are a company that answers to share holders todo maybe it's coke who is pushing this . Either way it sux. We a complain about there prices but most of us they have there hooks in us so we pay they crazy prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter