Ratatouille To Epcot

Just Thought about this: with ratatouille and tron being clones shouldn’t it not take long for it to build? I’m asking hypothetically of course, as I know the permits just got submitted and well their construction speed but one could dream

I definitely think they can be built faster than the Guardians ride and would have lest technology tweaking, etc. Tron will require a lot of related construction with it going past the Railroad and impacting the speedway, etc ... but with construction wel underway I could see Rat being one of the first new rides done - so more like 2020 vs 2021

Disney does like to spread the construction costs out over multiple quarters and fiscal years so I don't think they will build it as fast as is theoretically possible

I would think Tron will take a while, as it has the potential to interfere with guest operations in a couple of areas. Of course maybe if tron causes impacts they might rush portions of it.

I think Guardians and Rat, are enough out of the guest view, they can continue with little guest impact. They'll go at the contractors pace.

That being said, I bet the planning office at WDW is bustling.

Disney just doesn't do things quickly. If I could find the quote I would, but a previous poster put up how they like to spread construction expenses over multiple quarters. That is exactly right. Plus, there isn't much bang for their buck in doing it quickly. People plan Disney vacations .5-1.5 years out. The vast majority of planned vacations are already locked in, whether they rush to complete Tron and Rat or not. Spreading construction over 2 years is cheaper, they take a smaller hit in any single quarter, and they dangle a carrot for people to plan another trip 2-3 years out to see what they missed on this trip.

For the APs and DVC type folks, they are coming anyway. So if you spend to open Rat quickly, you are going to get the same locals to show up now and you will if you don't spend so much and open it in 2 years. It's a complete wash. To get those dollars, you need to do 2 things, keep them renewing, and keep them spending when they do show up. One way to do both is to introduce new things at regular intervals. With Pandora last year, Toy Story this year, Star Wars next year... those bases are covered.

In the end, there is no point in rushing these or even to move at a regular pace. Slow and steady pays the most for Disney.
When I was on yahoo answers they mentioned this being the reason as to why they don’t build as much. It just doesn’t help when the main competitor down the street builds new rides in a couple months but they also receive more APs than regular visitors like you mentioned. Come to think about it disney springs went up pretty fast but I think that was more so for locals than the regular visitors

Just wanted to brag my last trip the planning period was like 3 weeks. And I only did fast passes like 4 days beforehands. Was surprised I was even able to get Frozen so close

When I was on yahoo answers they mentioned this being the reason as to why they don’t build as much. It just doesn’t help when the main competitor down the street builds new rides in a couple months but they also receive more APs than regular visitors like you mentioned. Come to think about it disney springs went up pretty fast but I think that was more so for locals than the regular visitors

Just wanted to brag my last trip the planning period was like 3 weeks. And I only did fast passes like 4 days beforehands. Was surprised I was even able to get Frozen so close

Honestly I also think it is all about pacing and having something new every year.
2018 Toy Story
2019 Star Wars
2020 Epcot expansion. (We may get more than the two currently in the works - there's time yet.)
2021 Tron / other for 50th.

Honestly I also think it is all about pacing and having something new every year.
2018 Toy Story
2019 Star Wars
2020 Epcot expansion. (We may get more than the two currently in the works - there's time yet.)
True, last year was pandora, the year before was frozen and I don’t recall anything for 2015 not 2013

Not big on the Rat but it was a main attraction for them. It was nice but 3D motion rides like that are not for me or the DW. I kind of figured that it was coming over along with Toy Story Land. DLP was fun!!! The family went in July of 17 and got to see the 25th anniversary. I really like how they incorporated some of the rides with the restaurants. Nothing like Pirates of the Caribbean and waving at ppl as they were eating.

2018 Toy Story
2019 Star Wars

plus the Skyliner and more for EPCOT than the two (Brazil, some for the entrance way, maybe the UK attraction)

plus the Skyliner and more for EPCOT than the two (Brazil, some for the entrance way, maybe the UK attraction)
Well I guess I wouldn’t count the skyliner since that’s resort infrastructure and not really a park attraction. I can definitely see myself riding it for fun a la the monorail but I still wouldn’t count it in the same way as galaxy’s edge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter