• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rate my Disney Resturant Plan!

ecugrad2003

Earning My Ears
Ok..this is not set in stone, but Just something I put together so far.
We are only staying basically 4 days so since you can't count the day we leave I have only these days to work with :(

Here goes! Opinions are welcome ok?

September 22, 2004:

Thursday Visit MGM Park
Breakfast: No
Lunch: 50’s Prime Time Café
Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine in Theater

Friday: Visit Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: The Crystal Palace
Lunch: LIberty Tree Tavern : Ice cream social @4pm..i think??

Saturday: Visit Epcot
Breakfast: No
Lunch: San Angel Inn OR Coral Reef Resturant
Dinner: Artist Point

Sunday : Visiting somewhere in Disneyland :)~

Breakfast: If we haven't seen enough characters, we'll eat w/ some!
Lunch: Beaches and Cream=4 the 25 sundae!!!
Dinner: Fulton’s Crab House

Comments Welcome and Greatly Appreciated!!!!

The ice cream social is in Epcot (Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion I believe). I don't know of anything like it at the Liberty Tree Tavern.
We have found that eating a large breakfast gets you going and keeps you going until dinner (except maybe for a snack).
You really don't want to take up too much time for lunch and dinner since you only have four days. Anyway, you may not want dinner depending on what time you eat lunch.
Don't know when you are going, but be sure to make Priority Seatings.
Have a great trip!

You may want to try the Sci-Fi for lunch instead of dinner. The reviews seem to be more favorable for the lunch menu. Prime Time will be great for either meal. The Coral Reef at Epcot gets iffy reviews, but I haven't eaten there so I can't comment on that pick. Are you traveling with children? If so, the ages could be helpful. Make sure that you make a PS somewhere for the last day character breakfast just in case you need it. Those are hard to walk in to.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have to agree with Goofee.......our bunch prefers to go with a large B'fast and dinner, and catch a snack or small lunch on the go......we find that we can get an early B'fast before the parks open, which maximizes our park time......if you have to stop for lunch, then you are losing park time. ......especially on a short trip...........we've done it many different ways over our many trips, and found this way to be the best for us......

Just my two pennies......:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I agree about switching 50's & PTC. However, I also agree that I wouldn't want to waste such precious time for eating 2 sitdown meals each day. We usually grab breakfast in the room, take lunch with us, or eat counter service, and eat a big meal in the afternoon.

I haven't had the breakfast at CP, but I have heard it's good. However, I do know that their dinner is GREAT! I just had to throw that in, we ate there both times we visited MK a few weeks ago! Yummy!! :tongue:

In Epcot, you have a huge variety of counter service you could try for lunch. You may want to reconsider doing Artist Point on the last day, and eat dinner at one of the wonderful restaurants in the park. Then you can still catch Illuminations.

Ditto on the Fulton's, I haven't heard alot of great reviews for this restaurant. I know some people either love it or hate it, but we love RFC. The menu is great, and you get alot of food! Just a suggestion.

HTH! Have fun planning!

Two large consecutive meals is a lot:earseek: Unless you are a BIG eater:earseek: or you intend to order small portions, maintain a "space" between PS:earsboy:

I would absolutely switch SF and PT. SF is a good break on a hot afternoon. It's cool, dark, and calming. PT is great any time.

On the Epcot day I agree with skipping AP. CR is expensive and not rated well in the Unofficial Guide, but I haven't tried it. We've gone to SA and really liked it. Instead of AP for dinner, what about Le Cellier? We had a more sophisticated dining experience there than we've had at any Disney eatery in the parks. I picked it looking for steak and potatoes for a family member, and it turned out to be the favorite among the childless adults. Our kids liked their food, but they were less enthralled.

I'm going to be the voice of dissent on all this skipping lunch advice. We prefer to eat b-fast in the room then hit a very late character b-fast or have a sit-down lunch. That keeps us going, and we rarely want much if any supper. The mid-day meal is our sanity break, and it's very effective for keeping our 3 kids happy. We've done 2 sit-downs in a day because my FIL refuses to eat at anything but sit-downs. My in-laws, both light eaters, liked the big, late b-fast or lunch as the main meal approach. If you're not hungry for supper, you'll probably have room for dessert. It's nice to take the break even if it is for something light. There's no rule that you must eat multiple courses. I'd rather have the big meal mid-day then walk it off, than eat so much so close to bedtime. I'm less likely to overeat with this approach, too. We head to Garden Grill every trip and wish there were more character lunches. I would love for Chef Mickey's to offer lunch!

Personally I wouldn't plan that many big meals each day. If you get high temps and humidty you will not be very hungry. We either plan a nice breakfast/light lunch/nice dinner(after park closing unless it's EPCOT). OR we do a light breakfast/big lunch/light dinner.

By light I mean snacks or a CS place and share something.

By nice I mean a big meal, like a buffet or a sit-down.

Disney does not skimp on portions, usually more then enough for 1 person that is a hearty eater or for 2 people that want something less.

Keep in mind sit-downs/character meals take a long time away from touring the parks.

The days we plan on two bigger meals we are usually off from the parks and just relaxing.

That many PS's in 4 days would stress me out. Bigtime! And how on earth are you going to get to California (Disneyland) on Sunday LOL;)?

In all seriousness, you don't mention where you are staying. You will be running around ALOT to make your PS times. And as others have mentioned, you may not be as hungry as you are planning.

Probably the best plan would be to make PS for all of them and then call and cancel ones that you end up not wanting. Jut a thought...

Well--since you asked.
Fulton's--"F" for service.
Portobello Yacht Club is a better choice, as would be Bongos or the House of Blues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter