Rate the resorts for me!

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
Which hotel would be best for us...A family of 5. We like really nice places at really good prices(not always possible!) Something fun for the kids but with nice ammenities and good service. Can you "equate" each of the 3 to various Disney properties? Is one head and shoulders more convenient to the parks? Does one offer something no one else does? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Each resort is different but great. They all have great theming, service and locations.

RPR- is the least expensive of the three, but truly at a deluxe level. It is supposed to be similar to the moderate resorts at Disney, but I actually think it offers more.

HRH- is the next tier. Very cool atmosphere. The staff though is the least customer service oriented than the other two resorts based on reviews from different people. But its a very nice resort.

Portofino- Is wonderful. Romantic and you feel like you really are in Italy and it's family friendly. It's supposed to compete with the Grand Floridian at Disney. It is their top resort at Universal and the most expensive of the three.

I think you would enjoy any of them. They are all close to the parks and I have stayed at RPR and Portofino. I am going to try HRH next.

Hope that helps!

RPR is a 7 story, cheaper Poly. No one else has a plane floating in their lagoon.
HRH is a "cool" Contemporary. Guitar sculptures.
PBH is an Italian GF.

Best value? RPR

Thanks so much! It does sound like any would be okay. How do I find the best rate on these properties? I'm a US/IOA virgin.:D

We are also a family of 5. We have stayed at RP and HRH. I would choose HRH just because it is a closer walk to the theme parks. But I loved the decor or RP, and both rooms were about the same size. I loved the fact that both resorts allowed all 5 of us to stay in one room.

The best rates I found were with an Entertainment card. It gets 50% off rack rates. Go to www.entertainment.com to purchase one. But book early - those rates fill up quickly!

Good Luck! I know you will enjoy USF!

We're a family of five too. Do you have to pay extra for the 5th person? Do the rooms accomodate 5? We have three kids 5,8, and 3. Thanks!

When I booked the room ressie, they asked if I needed a rollaway bed which was $25/night I think. I said no, we have an air mattress we will bring. She said that was fine and did not charge us extra for the 5th person. I personally think the rooms would be quite crowded with a rollaway bed in there. But there was room between the 2 queen beds to put a twin size air mattress.

All three of universal resorts are at least if not better than disney deluxe resorts. The amenities are wonderful.

Pools and resort areas are beautiful.

The boat rides are short from all three..hard rock is the shortest distance. We prefer Portofino or Royal Pacific.

My kids (DD10&DS15) like HRH because of the pool, "the cool" and the music. The pool is like Poly but has a basketball hoop that attracts boys. They have cabanas which is different from DWD.

Here is a great COMPARISON GUIDE Universal has for it's hotels.

What it cannot describe is the ambience and attitude these three hotels exude. They are all very different and totally depends on your needs and wants which one works for you.

My personal fave is the Royal Pacific. It is just COMFORTABLE for me.

Portofino is absolutely gorgeous but never considered the fact that a 4 foot eleven person cannot get into their beds!! :p Nonetheless, the atmosphere is one of pure luxury.

Hard Rock is just plan COOOOL :cool: A music fan would have a fit there!

You got great comparisons in this thread. I couldn't agree more, except by changing word "cheaper" to "less expensive"! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter