Rates & Dates for 2020 are up now on the ABD website!

Looks like Rates & Dates are out there now!

I only spot-checked a couple of Destinations, but those were all updated.

Sayhello
Thanks! I think this is the year for my family to broaden our vacation horizons!! Time for the littles to get passports. WHOO HOO

Looks like Rates & Dates are out there now!

I only spot-checked a couple of Destinations, but those were all updated.

Sayhello
Thanks. Thanks also for the idea of downloading the old itinerary to compare to the new one. At least on the Amazon/Galapagos trip, two lunches have changed but the rest of the tour appears the same.

We are looking at this one now instead of Egypt...I've really starting reading up on this, as this trip really drew me back to ABD but....the news just continues to worry...Iran issues, Ethiopia (Last month the UK issued harsh safety warning),Saudi tankers just attacked, etc. Admittedly, that attack was on the other side of Saudi Arabia, but this trip visits Sharm El Shieka right by Saudi. We were initially very excited by this - this puts you right by Mt. Sinai - THE Mt. Sinai - Moses, the 10 commandments, the burning bush...until I read that the US State department earlier this year updated this with "heightened risk" and states "Sinai Peninsula. The Sinai Peninsula remains a particularly dangerous area, with frequent attacks on security forces and civilians. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens anywhere in the Sinai Peninsula as U.S. government employees are not authorized to travel to these areas (with the exception of the beach resort of Sharm El-Sheikh; travel to Sharm El-Sheikh is only permitted by air)." So we could go to the resort but nowhere else during the two 1/2 days of OYO time....

Given the last two years of politics we are concerned as to the state of the world in another year...and I missed my window for our train trip from London to Venice with a five day Venetian family visit. Ugh.

Why can't people work together and try to get along? Don't answer that - we all know the reason - and it will unfortunately probably never change. Ugh. Maybe I am overthinking this?

Last edited:
Thanks. Thanks also for the idea of downloading the old itinerary to compare to the new one. At least on the Amazon/Galapagos trip, two lunches have changed but the rest of the tour appears the same.

We are looking at this one now instead of Egypt...I've really starting reading up on this, as this trip really drew me back to ABD but....the news just continues to worry...Iran issues, Ethiopia (Last month the UK issued harsh safety warning),Saudi tankers just attacked, etc. Admittedly, that attack was on the other side of Saudi Arabia, but this trip visits Sharm El Shieka right by Saudi. We were initially very excited by this - this puts you right by Mt. Sini - THE Mt. Sini - Moses, the 10 commandments, the burning bush...until I read that the US State department earlier this year updated this with "heightened risk" and states "Sinai Peninsula. The Sinai Peninsula remains a particularly dangerous area, with frequent attacks on security forces and civilians. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens anywhere in the Sinai Peninsula as U.S. government employees are not authorized to travel to these areas (with the exception of the beach resort of Sharm El-Sheikh; travel to Sharm El-Sheikh is only permitted by air)." So we could go to the resort but nowhere else during the two 1/2 days of OYO time....

Given the last two years of politics we are concerned as to the state of the world in another year...and I missed my window for our train trip from London to Venice with a five day Venetian family visit. Ugh.

Why can't people work together and try to get along? Don't answer that - we all know the reason - and it will unfortunately probably never change. Ugh. Maybe I am overthinking this?

A couple of months ago I was in Jordan and the Golan Heights just across the Syrian border and in Israel while tensions in Gaza were very high. (Very surreal to see road signs for Syria and Iraq.) The areas I was in were safe despite being close to areas with conflict. If it helps, a lot of my fear and tendency to paint the entire Middle East with a wide brush of concern were eased once I arrived. With the help of my guides, I got a better understanding of the the truly safe and dangerous areas, and I had a wonderful time. I felt very safe and relaxed the entire time. That's part of why I love to travel. It changes perspectives. But yeah, still not visiting Mt Sinai anytime soon.

Last edited:

We are looking at this one now instead of Egypt...I've really starting reading up on this, as this trip really drew me back to ABD but....the news just continues to worry...Iran issues, Ethiopia (Last month the UK issued harsh safety warning),Saudi tankers just attacked, etc. Admittedly, that attack was on the other side of Saudi Arabia, but this trip visits Sharm El Shieka right by Saudi. We were initially very excited by this - this puts you right by Mt. Sini - THE Mt. Sini - Moses, the 10 commandments, the burning bush...until I read that the US State department earlier this year updated this with "heightened risk" and states "Sinai Peninsula. The Sinai Peninsula remains a particularly dangerous area, with frequent attacks on security forces and civilians. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens anywhere in the Sinai Peninsula as U.S. government employees are not authorized to travel to these areas (with the exception of the beach resort of Sharm El-Sheikh; travel to Sharm El-Sheikh is only permitted by air)." So we could go to the resort but nowhere else during the two 1/2 days of OYO time....

I don't think you're overthinking it. This is part of the reason I'm not signing up for the Egypt trip this year. I'd love to see those ancient sites, also, but just don't feel like it's worth the risk right now. There are plenty of other fabulous places in the world for me to visit.

And glad the old itinerary trick was good for you!

Sayhello

You can see obligation pricing on all adventures HERE - play around with dates and different trips to find the one that's best for you.

I don't think you're overthinking it. This is part of the reason I'm not signing up for the Egypt trip this year. I'd love to see those ancient sites, also, but just don't feel like it's worth the risk right now. There are plenty of other fabulous places in the world for me to visit.

Sayhello

I am a solo female travel who feels the same way as you, SayHello. But I trust Disney. As long as the 2020 trips go smoothly enough, I'm likely booking Egypt 2021. I have no interest in South Africa/safari type stuff, but I have dreamt of traveling down the Nile and seeing the pyramids/Sphinx. Plus, I'm applying to a Doctoral program in Interdisciplinary Humanities, where I plan to included Christie in my dissertation and this travel is thus good research, lol!

Sayhello

What I like about the October 20th date is if there are problems on any of the earlier trips we will have time to (hopefully) change to another destination.

I am a solo female travel who feels the same way as you, SayHello. But I trust Disney. As long as the 2020 trips go smoothly enough, I'm likely booking Egypt 2021. I have no interest in South Africa/safari type stuff, but I have dreamt of traveling down the Nile and seeing the pyramids/Sphinx. Plus, I'm applying to a Doctoral program in Interdisciplinary Humanities, where I plan to included Christie in my dissertation and this travel is thus good research, lol!
And I may consider it for 2021, also, depending on how 2020 goes. This is just one trip I want to make sure all the wrinkles/logistics are worked out on before I go.

What I like about the October 20th date is if there are problems on any of the earlier trips we will have time to (hopefully) change to another destination.
That's very true!

Sayhello

And I may consider it for 2021, also, depending on how 2020 goes. This is just one trip I want to make sure all the wrinkles/logistics are worked out on before I go.
Sayhello

Maybe we'll end up on the same trip! Then we could maybe coordinate flights and get in together. That's what I'd like to do ideally: find someone else on the same date and arrive at the same time as that party so I'm not the only adventurer arriving at the time. I don't need to travel with anyone, but I would like to have someone else on the ground at the same time doing the same thing, and going the same way.

Maybe we'll end up on the same trip! Then we could maybe coordinate flights and get in together. That's what I'd like to do ideally: find someone else on the same date and arrive at the same time as that party so I'm not the only adventurer arriving at the time. I don't need to travel with anyone, but I would like to have someone else on the ground at the same time doing the same thing, and going the same way.

What time of year are you thinking of...? We'd likely go early October 2021 or maybe March /April 2022. I'd say December as well but I hear Dec and Jan are their high tourist months so sites get very crowded.

Newbie question — we were hoping for a DL North Am. Package prior to the WBPC cruise that starts Nov 6. I just checked the website and there is no listing for the week that I’m interested in, Nov 1 - 6 ?314BFA9E-693E-41A0-8198-717A0CEA2126.jpeg

Newbie question — we were hoping for a DL North Am. Package prior to the WBPC cruise that starts Nov 6. I just checked the website and there is no listing for the week that I’m interested in, Nov 1 - 6 ?View attachment 406991
Hi there! What is a DL North Am. package? And what is your question?

Sayhello

Sorry — Disneyland North America

My question is why is there not a listing for the week of Nov 1 on the website? Do the packages not run every week? It skips a week!

Sorry — Disneyland North America

My question is why is there not a listing for the week of Nov 1 on the website? Do the packages not run every week? It skips a week!
They don't run every week. While during the summer and certain other times it *does* seem like they're scheduled most weeks, there are other times throughout the year where there's maybe only one or two departures per month. I'm sure ABD has some sort of criteria to decide which weeks they schedule the trips for and which not, based on past interest or something of that nature.

You could call ABD and see if they have a waitlist or something to see if there's interest in adding a date for that week, but that's probably a long shot.

What you might keep your eye out for is the Disneyland and Southern California Escape, which is a shorter version of the Backstage Magic trip. The "Escapes" tend to be scheduled around the DCL cruise dates because a lot of people do combine them with a cruise. Currently, they only have those scheduled out through April of 2020. I'm not sure when they'll announce the rest of the dates for 2020, but I'm sure someone will post here when it happens.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/north-america/southern-california-disneyland-tour/rates-dates/

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!