Rating the Rides 4/14-4/20/2018

ExcitableMouse

Earning My Ears
We were able to get in 25 rides/attractions on our trip. * have done ride before, otherwise first time riding.

25. DINOSAUR- This ride made me angry. It made my wife mad, too. It’s just one series of jerky moves to another. And it’s loud. Can’t find one good thing to say about this ride, other than it does eventually, mercifully end.

24. JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION WITH FIGMENT- We did this one because we had some time to kill between fastpasses. I feel bad for not liking this ride, and it does seem like something I should enjoy, but it just never engaged me. Best part was wife spotting a hidden Mickey.

23. HALL OF PRESIDENTS*-There’s nothing wrong with this, it’s kinda cool, but it’s a history lesson.

22. NA’VI RIVER JOURNEY- It’s serene and beautiful, but I just didn’t find it that interesting.

21. SEVEN DWARFS MINE TRAIN- My first thought upon exiting was, Wow! I’m glad we had a fastpass for that! It’s a nice, mild coaster, and the themeing is great, but it’s over quickly!

20. HAUNTED MANSION*- I enjoy the queue more than the ride itself. But I hope they never take it away!

19. MISSION SPACE: GREEN- I’m afraid of dieing. So, lying in bed the night before our EPCOT day, reading about how people had died on this ride probably wasn’t a good idea. I showed the articles to wife, and she agreed that we shouldn’t die. So we chose to not die on the orange mission, and do the tamer green mission instead, so we could live.
I was shocked at well I handled it. And I felt bad for keeping my kids from having a good ride experience. So I let them go on the orange mission. I wasn’t brave enough to go with them, but they enjoyed it. And nobody died.

18.KALI RIVER RAPIDS- It’s Okay, but kinda forgettable. I feel like you can do this at any water park.

17. SWISS FAMILY TREEHOUSE*- I love the Swiss Family Treehouse, and I will never not climb through it on a trip to WDW. This will always to appeal to the imagination of the little boy in me. But it’s so...I dunno...static.

16. TEST TRACK- The more I think about it, the more I tell myself that it’s really just one high-speed lefthander.

15. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN*- I love pirates. I collect old pirate novels and comic books. But this ride has never captured me the way I think it should. It’s probably because I’m asking too much of it: I wanna be in a real pirate adventure!

14. ROCK N ROLLER COASTER- I thought the compression caused by the high-speed launch would kill me, so I chickened out the first time my family rode it. Hey, somebody’s gotta spend that insurance money! But I bucked up the second time around and really enjoyed it. The second time during this trip I didn’t die.

13. TOMORROWLAND TRANIST AUTHORITY PEOPLE MOVER- Because as I’m riding it, I can’t help but feel somehow connected to what WDW was always meant to be. Whatever that means.

12. MONSTERS INC LAUGH FLOOR- Hey, the jokes were actually funny, the audience member picked on and forced to dance was such a good sport, and because my daughter got on camera.

11. KILIMANJARO SAFARIS- The animals are cool. It’s fun.

10. SPLASH MOUNTAIN- The big drop is fantastic!

9. it’s a small world*- Its still as fun and charming as it’s aways been. And the song is still as infectious.

8. TOWER OF TERROR- I almost chickened out of this one too, but I wasn’t gonna miss the
Twilight Zone themeing! Thrilling without being too scary.

7. BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD- Just a great coaster. Perfect for everybody.

6. SPACE MOUNTAIN*- This is where you’re Disney coaster memories are made. Man, what a great old ride!

5. SPACESHIP EARTH- It made me think of Caruosel of Progress. Doesn’t seem like it should be this high on the list, but there it is.

4. SOARIN’- It’s fun flying over those places, and the smells are great. Asked for the front row. Rode it twice.

3. EXPEDITION EVEREST- My favorite coaster at the park. Love the view of MK as you climb.

2. CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS*- I loved it as a kid. I love it now. I’ll love it forever. Sad, to me, that we’re only 10 people in the theater.

1. AVATAR FLIGHT OF PASSAGE- The only time I used the word “awesome” after exiting a ride. Thrilling and wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter