RCCL after DCL what to expect?

Heatherd2013

Earning My Ears
Hi. I need help with what to expect on independence of the seas vs DCL. We will be bring our kids ages 15 and 6. I am wondering how the teen club is. The younger one I’m sure will have a great time at the pools but the 15 year old loved the tween club on Disney and looking at RCCL I can’t find much for him. The teen club looked like 3 old TVs and some tables. I know nothing will beat Disney but did we make the wrong choice?

Independence is an amazing ship for teens even if they dont set foot in the teen centre. (In reality Disney's was a few TVs and tables, they just made it look fancier...)
Within the teen centre (living room) theres games consoles and card/board games and crafts all similar to Disney and offer the same kind of activities: trivia, scavenger hunts, paranoia, karaoke, name that tune, boys v girls, teen quest, egg drop...they also have teen rock wall, flowrider, ice skating, free arcade time, and teen dinners in the windjammer. And on busy cruises theres a teen party every night in the teen club, fuel, with a different theme every night.
The ship has a lot of stuff for teens too: flowrider, rockwall, waterslides, skypad, mini golf, arcade, ice skating, laser tag, sports deck.
Theres a whole separate teen compass which lists the activities for the whole cruise. But if no one wants to do them within 15 minutes then they're cancelled and they're free to do what they want.

Loved Independence. Can't talk about the teen or kids club but ship is great. Lots to do as poster above. It also has Grease which was a really good production and Once Upon a Time, which is fairy tales to modern music so your little one may enjoy that too. Plus, you'll get the usual headliners.

Independence also has the younger pool with slides and splash pad which is perfect for your 6 year old...plus the slides, sky pad, laser tag, mini golf, rock wall, flowrider (which is even just fun to watch). Lots of great night time shows and things to do as well.

Thanks everyone. Does anyone have experience with sailing in July. Are we more likely to run into rough seas and bad weather than in May?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter