RCCL vs DCL : Getting to know RCCL (information and review thread)

Hi! So happy this thread exists. We didnour first cruise, 4 night Dream in Sept. We looved it. When we booked that last year this time, I went cruise crazy and booked the Oasis June 13th from Rome Med 7 night. So now I am trying to figure this line out! Is anyone booked on this?

Just now getting started on my research planning. Main thing is dining. We really do not want to pay for a dining upgrade. In a way I like the DCL style, you know when and where you eat at night. And have no waits. I believe we are at a set time. Do we then always eat on the same MDR? Need to check what this is called. There are so many restaurants. Not sure what is what.

Do you guys recommend my time or anset time. ??

Hi! So happy this thread exists. We didnour first cruise, 4 night Dream in Sept. We looved it. When we booked that last year this time, I went cruise crazy and booked the Oasis June 13th from Rome Med 7 night. So now I am trying to figure this line out! Is anyone booked on this?

Just now getting started on my research planning. Main thing is dining. We really do not want to pay for a dining upgrade. In a way I like the DCL style, you know when and where you eat at night. And have no waits. I believe we are at a set time. Do we then always eat on the same MDR? Need to check what this is called. There are so many restaurants. Not sure what is what.

Dining on RCCL can be exactly the same as DCL. On RCCL if you have traditional dining, you eat at the same time (early or late dining just like DCL) with the same servers, and in the same restaurant. You do not have to pay for any of the specialty dining venues if you don't want to. RCCL also offers My Time Dining, which is on a different floor of the main dining room, or even in a different dining room (like on Anthem). You either show up at any time to eat and depending on the crowd, either get seated immediately or may have to wait if there is a crowd. We now book My Time Dining but go online before the cruise and make a reservation for every night of the cruise. We show up at our reserved time and have never had to wait to be seated.
Denise

It really depends on the cruiser. Some people try My Time and end up loving it. I’m usually travelling in a large group so fixed aka traditional dining works better for me.

FYI early seating is usually at 5:30.

It really depends on the cruiser. Some people try My Time and end up loving it. I’m usually travelling in a large group so fixed aka traditional dining works better for me.

FYI early seating is usually at 5:30.
Yes, usually 5:30, although on my Baltics cruise this summer, early dining was at 6:00.
Denise

On my Greek Isle cruise for Next August I had the choice between 5:30p(early) and 8pm(late) I chose Late but unfortunately there is no longer any late seatings on my sailing so I was given My Time dining.

I'm slightly meticulous so I plan on just scheduling our My Time Dining for the entire trip.

Hi guys...

I did not come here often in the last months but I promise I'll spend a lot of time here after our April cruise (with Carnival) and I'll work hard to build a nice thread with all the updated informations.

I have a question. On one of our cruises (6 nights), we picked "assigned dining" (I asked for a private table of 4).

Are we going to have the same team/same table every night?

Thanks in advance.

We have had My Time Dining the last few cruises, but I reserved the same time each night. On our last cruise, we liked our serving crew the first night so much that we requested to have them every night, and so we were "assigned" the same table from that night on. It worked out well.
Denise

Great thread!

I'm looking for a cruise either next year or 2021. We've been on 3 DCL cruises so far (one of them was our wedding ceremony) and we'd like to try something else because DCL is really expensive these days, RCCL is almost 2000$ cheaper for Caribbean cruise between SEPT and DEC.
Of course we'll wait until our kiddo is potty trained since RCCL/DCL requires kids to be potty trained to use their pools.

A thread like this one is giving the little kick in the butt to jump ship to RCCL :)

Okay, did Disney this year, and years in the past, will be doing Carnival next year, and now, RC the year after. So, great thread to have, and I guess by 2 years from now, I can write my thoughts of all 3 cruise lines.

Okay, did Disney this year, and years in the past, will be doing Carnival next year, and now, RC the year after. So, great thread to have, and I guess by 2 years from now, I can write my thoughts of all 3 cruise lines.

Yes, that would be nice and interesting.

hello - just realized there was some RC info on disboards!

We've got a 6 night cruise on Adventure of the Seas on Dec 29th for 16 people. Trying to learn all I can because it's been about 20 years since my one and only RC cruise.

The website says that flavored water is included for free (along with lemonade, ice tea, coffee, etc.) Can anyone elaborate on the flavored water? I assume it's not sparkling, since that's in the drink package?

i equate it to one of those little squirt vials you can buy for personal use, but for thousands of people and rather diluted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!