RCI exchange with Sunday check in- arriving 2 days later

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
I just found an RCI exchange into a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs which has a Sunday check-in, but we don't actually arrive until Tuesday. Will Disney give our room away, if we arrive 2 days later?

They will likely cancel the booking, yes. With RCI, they will absolutely know, since you pay a fee at physical check-in.

I would call the front desk at SSR and explain, then see what they say. They may be able to put a late arrival notation on your reservation...or it could be that the computer system would automatically cancel the booking on Monday night, regardless. But it never hurts to call and ask. Be sure you actually talk to the front desk manager and not the WDW operator, AKA the virtual front desk.

Ugh, this was my worry but I decided to go for it anyway since it means the difference between staying at a value resort and staying at SSR in a 1 bedroom. I’m currently trying to see if I can switch my flight without paying a huge penalty. Either way, I’m worried about weather delays because I’m flying out of a small Canadian airport that is known for ice/snow delays

I would call the front desk at SSR and explain, then see what they say. They may be able to put a late arrival notation on your reservation...or it could be that the computer system would automatically cancel the booking on Monday night, regardless. But it never hurts to call and ask. Be sure you actually talk to the front desk manager and not the WDW operator, AKA the virtual front desk.

Thank you! I will call ASAP

You should call MS they will handle the RCI exchange too. Once they have looked up the confirmation number they can put in the notes that you are arriving two days later.

I have done this before. I’d also call ssr a few before checkin to advice them about it. Just to be on the safe side.

Have in mind that you are still checking out on the same date, but only having a 5 days stay.

You should call MS they will handle the RCI exchange too. Once they have looked up the confirmation number they can put in the notes that you are arriving two days later.

I have done this before. I’d also call ssr a few before checkin to advice them about it. Just to be on the safe side.

Have in mind that you are still checking out on the same date, but only having a 5 days stay.

Thank you! I will do exactly this. So happy to hear from someone with first hand experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter