RCI upgrades?

Has anyone ever just asked for an upgrade upon check-in? Would the fees be assessed IF an upgrade is available and granted upon check-in?

Has anyone ever just asked for an upgrade upon check-in? Would the fees be assessed IF an upgrade is available and granted upon check-in?
I've seen it reported many times, never seen a case of it being successful with RCI. I've seen a couple of reports where members asked for an upgrade and were upgraded but charged the extra points without their knowledge. Disney and Marriott are extremely hardline in this area. I have seen a few reports where one got an upgrade upon checkin for RCI usually in view type but until a few years ago, from a smaller to a larger unit as well. It happens rarely, about as often as one gets upgraded on a cruise or less.

It happens rarely, about as often as one gets upgraded on a cruise or less.
Likely less ... as we basically count on upgrades on the ship. We've become extremely comfortable booking "GTY" or "Run of the Ship" given our great upgrade experiences.

Likely less ... as we basically count on upgrades on the ship. We've become extremely comfortable booking "GTY" or "Run of the Ship" given our great upgrade experiences.
A GTY is a different situation, I was more referring to being upgraded if you have a specific cabin booked. I might go so far as to say it's inappropriate to ask for an upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!