• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RCL 2017 Europe Pricing

JMHDisney

Mouseketeer
I have only been on DCL. We have a short "trial" RCCL cruise in May.

I just booked a 7 day balcony room on Jewel of the Seas (which is apparently undergoing a big renovation this April) for a Western Med out of Rome for Summer 2017. It goes to Cannes, Corsica, Barcelona, Mallorca, and Sardinia. This was more interesting to me than the "city" med tour since many of the Italian cities are far from port.

It is $2500 for the 2 of us. I'm so used to crazy Disney pricing, I feel like I must be missing something. It was an opening day booking but last summer opening day for DCL was 2-3 times that.

Am I missing something or am I just never going on DCL again?

Nope not missing a thing. I actually cancelled by Med cruise with Disney for RCCL in July. I will be on the Jewel of the Seas and I save close to 50%. Looking forward to this cruise

MadamG2U

RCCL is fine, esp. for Europe, where the ship is really more like a floating hotel with so many port stops. We did a Baltic on RCCL for our family for under $3K a few years ago and used the extra $ we saved to stay for an extra week in Europe. In the Carib., I think the ship matters more, as there are more sea days and we usually come back to the boat by lunchtime. But, in Europe, many nights, we were too tired from touring all day to go to the entertainment, so it didn't really matter if it was top notch DCL Broadway or something else on another ship. Same for daily acitivities, youth clubs, etc.--didn't really matter. however, I will note that RCCL had a fine kids club that my 9 yr old loved and even stayed in during a port day over going into town.

I have only been on DCL. We have a short "trial" RCCL cruise in May.

I just booked a 7 day balcony room on Jewel of the Seas (which is apparently undergoing a big renovation this April) for a Western Med out of Rome for Summer 2017. It goes to Cannes, Corsica, Barcelona, Mallorca, and Sardinia. This was more interesting to me than the "city" med tour since many of the Italian cities are far from port.

It is $2500 for the 2 of us. I'm so used to crazy Disney pricing, I feel like I must be missing something. It was an opening day booking but last summer opening day for DCL was 2-3 times that.

Am I missing something or am I just never going on DCL again?
No your not missing anything. I am paying literally 11k less to do a 10 med cruise on CCL compared to the 12 day on DCL. I was hoping RCCL would be going to Iceland next year, but I didn't see anything when I looked. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to do it on DCL.

Jewel of the Seas is a beautiful ship, with many touches you will notice from the Magic/Wonder (same shipyard).

The only real differences we noticed were slightly reduced food selection, and entertainment that skewed to sitting and drinking. The shows weren't very strong. When you're in port all day as a PP mentioned, this doesn't matter so much. Enjoy your cruise!

I am a travel agent - that price sounds about right for RCCL for Europe. What type of stateroom are you in? Are you active or retired military? Sometimes they have excellent military discounted rates for select sailings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter