Re: Disneyland Birthday Celebrations

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
In 2006, I took my daughter to Disneyland and while there, I surprised her by celebrating her birthday. It was actually the following week. We went to City Hall to get a birthday button, while there the CM at the front desk said that Goofy had been expecting her and would be calling any minute to wish her a Happy Birthday! The CM left the desk momentarily and phone rang. My daughter picked up the phone with a shy "Hello" and there was Goofy on the other end telling her to have a Magical Day, some things not to miss, etc. of course ending with a Big YAwk YAwk, Have a Happy Birthday.

Later that day, I had scheduled a Birthday Party for her at The Plaza Inn there in DL. I have to admit that restaurant is gorgeous and puts the one in WDW to shame! It's like the Crystal Palace only prettier in a soft shade of shell pink. I can totally recommend this little party. The cake isn't fancy, but the kids decorate them and generally get messy and you will get a cold juice drink a souvenier cup, play games, meet Mickey & Minnie, etc.

Just a word of advice, although not completely necessary because you will get in if you make reservations, however, if you line up a bit early, you will get a good seat, but sit close to the stairway from the Plaza Inn.

Here's the description from WDW Info:

Happiest Birthdays on Earth"
You can enjoy a 45 minute to 1 hour birthday party at the Plaza Inn, which is located at the end of Main Street U.S.A. Priority seating can be made at the Plaza Inn, City Hall, and any Guest Relations Information Kiosk. Or, simply call (714) 781-DINE up to 30 days in advance. Prices are $15.99 per guest. Children under the age of 2 are free (prices are subject to change). Price includes cake, punch, party hat, a special Happy Birthday cup and Mickey Mouse Plate. Park admission is required. Premium Annual Passholders get 10% discount

During the party, there will be a cake-decorating contest and each participant will receive a special sticker. Your party host will be Mr. Patrick Edward Cake (AKA Pat E Cake). Joining the party will be two Disney characters. While Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse usually attend, other characters may appear in their place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter