Re-fillable drinks

stevechase

WDW 2012
Hi all,

11 days and counting!

i have been reading about the refillable drinks cups, for the kids more than anything, and I have a question. All I have read says that i can use them at the food courts, but can I get them refilled round the parks too, throughtout the day?

Thanks for reading
Steve

Steve, no you can't get refills around the parks - only the resort from which you bought the mugs.

Each resort has it's own design mugs and you are entitled to free refils from the food court at that resort. Some exceptions are that all three AllStar resorts share, as do POR Riverside and French Quarter. They are great value if you're staying on-site for a week or more as the costs of drinks really can mount up.

Steve, there are also refillable mugs available at the water parks, Disney Quest and Universal and Islands of Adventure. Worth buyin one cup between you (providing you all like the same drink and don't have cooties) and refilling as you need at $2.11 (only $1 at DQ). SeaWorld ,US/IoA and DQ are good for your stay (and possibly future years) whereas the water parks require a $4.71 per day recharge for a date sticker/barcode to activate the drinks stations.

HTHs

Dave
I have a Blizzard BEach mug and I was under the impression that you could only use it for 2 days after which you have to start again paying $10 or whatever. Can I take it back next time and refill for the lesser amount?

Sian,

Dave asked a CM about this, and was told you can buy a new bar code sticker (you now have to run the cup under a scanner before the machine will dispense drinks) for $4.71 - still worth it over a day we think.

Thanks for that info. i will take the BB mug with me next time. Also i was unaware that DQ had refillable mugs and as we are planning several visits there I will look out for it.

I'm sure that you can use the BB mug at TL as well under the same condition.

I have often thought that Disney should do a mug that could be used everywhere - they could charge quite a lot for it, and since drinks cost them essentially nothing it would be a good deal for them, and a good deal for customers.

We didn't buy the resort mug because we ate/drank all over the place, so a mug that was only good in one location was no use to us- but a mug that we could carry around with us would have been a good buy.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter