Re: M&M's...So I'm bored at the moment...

There was a time when the red ones were totally removed (the dye they used was found to be carcinogenic) but I don't recall only brown.
The red dye that M&Ms used was not one of the two carcinogenic red dyes used in food products. But they removed the red ones as a PR move, to placate the public.

Red M&Ms; were discontinued in 1976 because of "confusion and concern" over Red Dye No. 2, which was banned by federal regulators as a health risk, said Fiuczynski. Red M&Ms; contained Red Dye Nos. 3 and 40, which are considered safe.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-01-15-fi-4656-story.html
And from Wikipedia:
In 1976, the color orange was added to the mix to replace red, which was discontinued in response to the "red dye scare" over Red Dyes #2 and #4 having been evaluated to be carcinogenic in nature. Although M&M's were made with the less controversial Red Dye #40, the public was wary of any food being dyed red. Red M&M's were re-introduced in 1987. [13][17]

The red dye that M&Ms used was not one of the two carcinogenic red dyes used in food products. But they removed the red ones as a PR move, to placate the public.

Red M&Ms; were discontinued in 1976 because of "confusion and concern" over Red Dye No. 2, which was banned by federal regulators as a health risk, said Fiuczynski. Red M&Ms; contained Red Dye Nos. 3 and 40, which are considered safe.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1987-01-15-fi-4656-story.html
And from Wikipedia:
In 1976, the color orange was added to the mix to replace red, which was discontinued in response to the "red dye scare" over Red Dyes #2 and #4 having been evaluated to be carcinogenic in nature. Although M&M's were made with the less controversial Red Dye #40, the public was wary of any food being dyed red. Red M&M's were re-introduced in 1987. [13][17]

Good to know. I used to love to pick out the RED ones!

This is embarrassing to admit, but I remember being in high school back in the 80's and saving all the green ones for my boyfriend.

No all brown, but I remember when they had two shades of brown (light brown and dark brown) along with green, yellow, and orange.

I remember that commercial with the boys playing baseball where one of the boys claimed the green M&Ms made him have special abilities or something, LOL. It made me like the green ones best.

No all brown, but I remember when they had two shades of brown (light brown and dark brown) along with green, yellow, and orange.

I remember that commercial with the boys playing baseball where one of the boys claimed the green M&Ms made him have special abilities or something, LOL. It made me like the green ones best.

That's the commercial I refer to in my post above. The color of M&M would indicate if he was going to hit a single, double, tripe, or home-run. Green was for "downtown," which he really emphasized. This was before blue existed.

"Peanut M&M's were introduced in 1954 but first appeared[15] only in the color tan. In 1960, M&M's added the yellow, red, and green colors. [16] "

I'm bored too! Found the above on Wikipedia. You are too young to have eaten them before the colors were added though. Were you eating peanut M & M's?

They were regular M&M's. That I remember, lol.

Brown M&Ms - I'll always think of this:

"There we were in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at three o' clock in the morning, looking for a thousand brown M&M's to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night...."

“...but the shopkeeper and his son that's a different story altogether.....I had to beat them to death with their own shoes.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!