RE-OPENING! -- all resorts will open by year-end

NEWS: Resort reservations are now available through the end of 2021, with parks-reservations available through mid-January 2022.

It is currently limited to the resorts already opened or with scheduled dates to re-open. No further word on re-opening of closed resorts.

I'll update the first post as well...

Last edited:
Yes, only after 2pm and based on capacity. Kind of leaves out hopping to DHS for RotR. But it's a step forward.
Well I guess until all the restaurants and shops and shows and whatnot return, there is less reason to Hop. Previously, having a breakfast ADR at one Park and then making your way to the 2nd Park well before 2pm was totally a Thing.

I agree - but with less to do, I could see hopping as a benefit; you could do things like start the day at MK, hop to EPCOT for lunch, then roam around AK and catch dinner... I *love* hopping - always have - and so I'm really glad to see it coming back.

Now, we just have to get POR/POFQ open again...!

It's been a while since anything was worthy of updating on this thread...

Starting April 8, 2021: face masks may be removed temporarily to take an outdoor photo while stationary and socially-distanced from others

It's been a while since anything was worthy of updating on this thread...

Starting April 8, 2021: face masks may be removed temporarily to take an outdoor photo while stationary and socially-distanced from others

Feels weird to think about now! LOL How quickly we adapt!

Temperature screenings to be phased out:

Temperature Screenings
Since reopening, we have considered guidance from public health authorities, government agencies, and our own team of health and safety experts as we assess and update health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

As this guidance continues to evolve, and with the support of local health and government officials, we are making some additional adjustments. Following the advice of the CDC and our local health officials, we will phase out onsite temperature screenings at Walt Disney World Resort for Cast Members beginning May 8 and Guests on May 16.

We will continue to follow the guidance of health and safety leaders going forward and most importantly encourage people to get vaccinated.

A change to the mask requirement:

Face Coverings Throughout Walt Disney World Resort

Face Coverings RequiredFace Coverings Optional
Upon entering and throughout all attractions
All theaters, including theater entrances
All transportation, including transportation entrances
All indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary
Outdoor common areas
Pool decks

Please note, face coverings are not permitted while experiencing water slides or in the water.

A change to the mask requirement:

Face Coverings Throughout Walt Disney World Resort

Face Coverings RequiredFace Coverings Optional
Upon entering and throughout all attractions
All theaters, including theater entrances
All transportation, including transportation entrances
All indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary
Outdoor common areas
Pool decks

Please note, face coverings are not permitted while experiencing water slides or in the water.
Odd question, what does this mean for mask relief areas?

Obviously the outdoor ones won't be needed now, but what about the indoor locations? It was nice to have somewhere to go and not need a mask that was in air conditioning.

Odd question, what does this mean for mask relief areas?
I haven't heard those areas closed, though I didn't have much time today to follow the reports. There has been some assumption the mask break areas will close to return to original use.

I haven't heard those areas closed, though I didn't have much time today to follow the reports. There has been some assumption the mask break areas will close to return to original use.
I haven't seen either, but both ways have advantages and disadvantages. Although the indoor MK one won't be returning to it's original use anytime soon as it was character meet and greets.

The closed resorts have re-opening dates this fall!
  • All Star Music: Sept. 16, 2021
  • Port Orleans - Riverside: Oct. 14, 2021
  • Port Orleans - French Quarters: Oct. 28, 2021
  • All Star Sports: Dec. 9, 2021
This is probably the last time I will bump this thread with updates because so much is opening/changing on an almost daily basis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!