Re-opening reports DLP and changes

The show Jungle Book Jive would restart tomorrow, but is cancelled as 2 cast members have tested positive, and the entire cast is now in quarantine. No new date announced yet.

The show Jungle Book Jive would restart tomorrow, but is cancelled as 2 cast members have tested positive, and the entire cast is now in quarantine. No new date announced yet.
Hi Karin!, that is horrible and just makes me more nervous. you seem to know much any update on the current situation. We are planned to go in one week. We are still planning on going.. As 1. we have a house at the Villages, will eat at home and since most of DLP is outdoors see no difference in carrying on there like at home.. Today in Germany everything was so packed too with people.. We will most likely need to do a covid test when we return.. but I am curious if you know of what DLP and the hotels or overall French authorities are planning on doing?? thx

Hi Karin!, that is horrible and just makes me more nervous. you seem to know much any update on the current situation. We are planned to go in one week. We are still planning on going.. As 1. we have a house at the Villages, will eat at home and since most of DLP is outdoors see no difference in carrying on there like at home.. Today in Germany everything was so packed too with people.. We will most likely need to do a covid test when we return.. but I am curious if you know of what DLP and the hotels or overall French authorities are planning on doing?? thx
I'm in Berlin at the moment and thought how nice and quiet it was in comparison to NL. :) It was busy at the Brandenburger Tor, but the park was lovely and also there were not many cars on the road, or at least less than I expected.

I get my knowledge mainly from ED92's social media channels, they have people in the park almost every day and are usually the first to know. And a Dutch themepark website which also is very fast at reporting news.

I havent read anything about changes in operation, except for the changes in reopening hotels. I think their strategy is as soon as they discover a case is to isolate it, but to keep everything open as much as possible.
With the knowledge we have know about the virus is not as much touching surfaces, but being in each others company for longer time without a mask.
So it is a good thing that all CMs are in their separate groups. An infection in the Jungle Book Jive cast doesnt spread easily to those who work at rides, in restaurants or at hotels.
I do not expect it to spread like wildfire among CMs.

For what it is worth, when I visited the park a month ago, i had no problem eating in the park/Disney Village. I only felt the need to clean the table once, at Cafe de la Brousse, but that was more because it was visibly dirty.

I'm in Berlin at the moment and thought how nice and quiet it was in comparison to NL. :) It was busy at the Brandenburger Tor, but the park was lovely and also there were not many cars on the road, or at least less than I expected.

I get my knowledge mainly from ED92's social media channels, they have people in the park almost every day and are usually the first to know. And a Dutch themepark website which also is very fast at reporting news.

I havent read anything about changes in operation, except for the changes in reopening hotels. I think their strategy is as soon as they discover a case is to isolate it, but to keep everything open as much as possible.
With the knowledge we have know about the virus is not as much touching surfaces, but being in each others company for longer time without a mask.
So it is a good thing that all CMs are in their separate groups. An infection in the Jungle Book Jive cast doesnt spread easily to those who work at rides, in restaurants or at hotels.
I do not expect it to spread like wildfire among CMs.

For what it is worth, when I visited the park a month ago, i had no problem eating in the park/Disney Village. I only felt the need to clean the table once, at Cafe de la Brousse, but that was more because it was visibly dirty.
Thanks! we are right now vacationing on the Baltic Sea at Timmendorfer Strand.. We went out for dinner at Peter Pane and OMG was it packed, inside!!! basically you wouldnt think there was Covid.. I requested a table outside and we got one.. We would have left otherwise.. tons of younger people drinking cocktails etc..and my mom was with us.

I have no issue eating outdoors or in an empty restaurant.. so we will keep that open.. I am also not concerned about surfaces... Just people breathing down our necks. lol!

Live from DLP, not much news to report. We are at Victorias for milkshakes and pastries. It is fairly busy, French guests are definitely the majority now. Which was bad for Kristoff who was not a French native and struggled in conversation with all the French guests ;)

Many new photospots around the park. Minnie in Jungle outfit at Hathis, Philip and Aurora were at the wishing well.

Extensive survey at the studio's when we entered. How many times did we go since October, reason, if shops were closed would we have come etc.

More CMs at the hub and they do have signs now with 'wear your masks'.

Not many families with younger kids. Friends and couples make up most of the audience today.

We noticed that in DLP they only sell the simple blue masks (2 for 1.90eur), but not the Disney branden ones you can by at Disneystore.co.uk/.fr

Last edited:
Ok, home again. It was a good visit, and I really needed a break (lots of stress due to my thesis). Most of Coco decorations were up, Dante at Fuente Del Oro not yet. More Halloween/Fall decorations was added in Frontierland.

Taking pictures with Anna & Elsa is still hard due to it being so dark inside. And the Wishing Well is just complicated due the distance. My camera can focus on the people in the front or in the back, but to have both in focus is hard with this distance.
New photospots:
Chip & Dale at the beginning of Main Street (Right)
Minnie in Jungle Book Jive outfit at Colonel Hathis
Aurora & Phillip at the Wishing Well
Pocahontas, magic shot right after the entrance of Frontierland.
Olaf, magic shot, I don't remember exactly where... you can't see it on the picture, but I think near the FP entrance of Big Thunder Mountain.
Tinkerbell, magic shot is now a separate spot near Casey's Corner, instead of switching off at the hub for the magic shot with the balloons.
Lion King, magic shot, next to Hakuna Matata. Not sure if this was there last time and we missed it or if it's new.
Next to Dumbo is also a new spot, where you get a regular picture & one with a frame.

We had dinner the first night at King Ludwigs in the Village which had reopened, I can seriously recommend the mocktails. I had a Legend and a Lost Princess, both delicious.

We didn't have any of the Jungle Book / Lion King snacks, but we did go for the milkshakes at Victoria's, really nice. And for the first time we had a Mickey Waffle in Disneyland Paris :D Available at the Mill next to the Princess Pavillion. It was actually pretty good. (Options are Sugar and Nutella)

Other news is that Disneyland Paris has released the music of Rhythm of the Pridelands on Spotify / Apple Music.

DLP has announced that the two shows, Jungle Book Jive and Rhythm of the Pridelands will not return :(
They are investigating what to do with the new Disney Junior show that was about to open soon. :(

Following this thread as we've booked our first DLP trip in five years for December! Want to keep track of all the corona changes.

Just a heads up. This October DLP and WDS have announced they are cutting back open hours severely. With the studios closing at 4pm weekdays! Holidays and weekends will also see changes.

Just a heads up. This October DLP and WDS have announced they are cutting back open hours severely. With the studios closing at 4pm weekdays! Holidays and weekends will also see changes.

Can't say I'm surprised due to rising cases in France and areas such as Marseille nearly at capacity in ICU beds at hospitals.

Visitor numbers from UK will be down greatly due to quarantine rules

I hope this changes by next year!
I'm sure they will, but it will mainly depend on what the surrounding countries allow.

Can't say I'm surprised due to rising cases in France and areas such as Marseille nearly at capacity in ICU beds at hospitals.

Visitor numbers from UK will be down greatly due to quarantine rules
Yeah, and it's only getting worse, I am sure that when I visited 10 days ago already 90-95% of the visitors were French, and after that Switzerland and Belgium stopped allowing traffic to Seine-et-Marne. Now that the summer holidays are over, this is at least going to last till the Autumn break.

Yeah, and it's only getting worse, I am sure that when I visited 10 days ago already 90-95% of the visitors were French, and after that Switzerland and Belgium stopped allowing traffic to Seine-et-Marne. Now that the summer holidays are over, this is at least going to last till the Autumn break.

It will get worse as Covid is still here, despite what many think. You only have to see how people are acting in the UK, hence why the rules have changed again. Obviously the more you test the more you find as its catching the asymptomatic people, but I do feel that people have dropped their guard as well as the many people who fell they are entitled to follow rules etc

It will get worse as Covid is still here, despite what many think. You only have to see how people are acting in the UK, hence why the rules have changed again. Obviously the more you test the more you find as its catching the asymptomatic people, but I do feel that people have dropped their guard as well as the many people who fell they are entitled to follow rules etc
I went in Aldi yesterday and is actually felt angry that a business like that is allowed to operate. My local Tesco and Waitrose are still limiting numbers, and 95% of people wear masks. In Aldi it was below 50% and the store staff were not bothering with numbers in the store.

I feel it's greedy businesses like this that are the problem, along with pubs. Such a shame bit I doubht I'll be getting another magic fix this year.

If it's that bad at DLP do u think studios could close during week?

I went in Aldi yesterday and is actually felt angry that a business like that is allowed to operate. My local Tesco and Waitrose are still limiting numbers, and 95% of people wear masks. In Aldi it was below 50% and the store staff were not bothering with numbers in the store.

I feel it's greedy businesses like this that are the problem, along with pubs. Such a shame bit I doubht I'll be getting another magic fix this year.

If it's that bad at DLP do u think studios could close during week?

Pretty much all the supermarkets near me and i'm lucky to live near all of them have stopped the queuing to get in. I don't think its anything to do with greed as such, they need to be able to survive same as pubs most of the local pubs restaurants round my area are adearing to policy. They need to be open as the economy cannot be supported for much longer. None of the supermarkets near me have gone back to 24hr trading which if it was greed would have done. Pubs and restaurants should stay open but if numbers rise then reduce opening hours.

If numbers keep rising in Paris or hospitals reach capacity than possibly Disney will shut back down, no one knows.

When this all kicked off in March, I wrote of any travel for this year. I've booked a trip to the US for Feb but at the moment doubt that is even going to happen.

Pretty much all the supermarkets near me and i'm lucky to live near all of them have stopped the queuing to get in. I don't think its anything to do with greed as such, they need to be able to survive same as pubs most of the local pubs restaurants round my area are adearing to policy. They need to be open as the economy cannot be supported for much longer. None of the supermarkets near me have gone back to 24hr trading which if it was greed would have done. Pubs and restaurants should stay open but if numbers rise then reduce opening hours.

If numbers keep rising in Paris or hospitals reach capacity than possibly Disney will shut back down, no one knows.

When this all kicked off in March, I wrote of any travel for this year. I've booked a trip to the US for Feb but at the moment doubt that is even going to happen.

That's very odd, coop, Waitrose and Tesco are keeping numbers down here low and we are in one of the lowest areas for the spread and have the highest aged population in country.

No I don't think wdw will be functioning to a normal level until at least autumn next year.

Id love to know when your booked in for a trip to DLP. Do you think this year is now written off for traveling from the UK? Would you go to DLP if you could in these times with reduced hours?

Id love to know when your booked in for a trip to DLP. Do you think this year is now written off for traveling from the UK? Would you go to DLP if you could in these times with reduced hours?
We returned from a DLP trip 2 days ago, and had a fantastic time. Generally the social distancing was adhered to and everyone wore masks, although there wasn’t much enforcement when people wore them below the nose. You really have to take personal responsibility to avoid those people unfortunately.
There are less toilets than at WDW so we sanitised before & after each ride, and then washed our hands as soon as possible afterwards when we came to the toilet blocks.
Restaurant choices were limited as many were closed, but seemed very clean and well maintained.
We are now quarantining for 14 days and are definitely hoping to go again for a Winter trip. It was good to go out of school holiday time as we don’t have children, so crowd levels were very low.

Last edited:
We returned from a DLP trip 2 days ago, and had a fantastic time. Generally the social distancing was adhered to and everyone wore masks, although there wasn’t much enforcement when people wore them below the nose. You really have to take personal responsibility to avoid those people unfortunately.
There are less toilets than at WDW so we sanitised before & after each ride, and then washed our hands as soon as possible afterwards when we came to the toilet blocks.
Restaurant choices were limited as many were closed, but seemed very clean and well maintained.
We are now quarantining for 14 days and are definitely hoping to go again for a Winter trip. It was good to go out of school holiday time as we don’t have children, so crowd levels were very low.

This is so good to know! We're going in December and booked last Sunday. Also a childless couple so we want to make the most of the short lines plus we got a pretty good deal. I'll be spending Christmas in quarantine but none too fussed.

I haven't got anything planned for DLP this year. Was personally thinking next year before covid hit but depends on price as would like to stay in Hotel New York Art of Marvel and prices this year were ridiculous.

I personally wouldnt go with reduced hours/events as I don't think its value for money. Once covid hit I decided not to travel abroad. I'm frontline NHS so can't quarantine once back as I would have to use my leave.

I do think this year is written off for foreign travel as covid numbers are rising in many countries and there is a big risk/chance of everything shutting back down. I want nothing more than to go on holiday and hope I get to next year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!