READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came by to check the thread for information about reopening. I had a thought that instead of boarding groups, which seems to require a mass congregation of people , perhaps Disney will let people ride by FP only? People are going to complain that they didn't get a reservation whether it was handed out as a boarding group or a FP. But at least FP are distributed to guests in the comfort of their own home, there are 1 hour ride windows, and people know ahead of time when they need to be at the park to aid with social distancing.

Ok, I am new :)
read the first page and some others, but can’t read all 690+

First, the chart is just showing the number of BP handed out basically correct?
Second, if you have a large group, say 10-15 people. Is it better/easier to get 1 BP vs 2 (having a second person on the app and both people try for 5 each vs 10)?
Third, I assume the BP is then hooked to your magic band And when going back to ride as long as Imhave that persons MB I could ride?
Forth, What is the latest time of day a “regular” BP typically rides?

three and four go together in my thinking that having a 4 yr old there at 6am might not work come BP time of sayyyy 6pm
TIA

Second, if you have a large group, say 10-15 people. Is it better/easier to get 1 BP vs 2 (having a second person on the app and both people try for 5 each vs 10)?
Third, I assume the BP is then hooked to your magic band And when going back to ride as long as Imhave that persons MB I could ride?

three and four go together in my thinking that having a 4 yr old there at 6am might not work come BP time of sayyyy 6pm
TIA
1. Not necessarily the number of BP's handed out, just the total boarding groups. We don't know how many passes are in a group.
2. depends on party preferences. If you all want to ride together and are all linked together in MDX, it's easier to add everyone all at once, just have several people logged into the account that shows all riders.
3. I'll let someone else answer that as I'm not so sure.
4. Varies widely due to reliability issues with the ride as well as variations in regular boarding groups. Sometimes you could ride before noon with a regular boarding group. Other times it could be after 6pm. Just depends on how the ride is performing that day.

This being said, there's no guarantee when parks reopen any of this will be relevant. No operational announcements have been made yet.

TIA

Nothing is linked to your magicband. Your magicband is linked to your MDE account. It’s just an alternative way to access your account. A plastic ticket can access everything too; but a magicband is required for the videos, the automatic photo downloads, and interactive elements like the names on the signs at the end of Small World. Echo the above- anyone who wants to ride together needs to be in the same group. As many people as you like can be logged in to the same account or diff accounts to get the bp. But this could all be irrelevant.

Nothing is linked to your magicband. Your magicband is linked to your MDE account. It’s just an alternative way to access your account. A plastic ticket can access everything too; but a magicband is required for the videos, the automatic photo downloads, and interactive elements like the names on the signs at the end of Small World. Echo the above- anyone who wants to ride together needs to be in the same group. As many people as you like can be logged in to the same account or diff accounts to get the bp. But this could all be irrelevant.
Understand all that, I guess by “linked” to magic band, I mean what is required to actually get in line/board once your BG is called?

for example, if our 4 year old wants to ride but the BG isn‘t called till late in the day and he is napping, can someone else in our total group of vacationers use his band instead?

for example, if our 4 year old wants to ride but the BG isn‘t called till late in the day and he is napping, can someone else in our total group of vacationers use his band instead?
Yes, the MB or ticket allows admission to RotR, and it doesn’t matter who uses it, just like with FPs.

The process of reserving a BG, packed bus an hour before park opening followed by crowd waiting to enter ending with a mob on their phones, is the opposite of social distancing. I have no idea what system Disney will come up with. I think the odds are near zero Disney will be using the system detailed in this thread.

I hope potential CM cutbacks doesn't significantly diminish the experience.

I came by to check the thread for information about reopening. I had a thought that instead of boarding groups, which seems to require a mass congregation of people , perhaps Disney will let people ride by FP only? People are going to complain that they didn't get a reservation whether it was handed out as a boarding group or a FP. But at least FP are distributed to guests in the comfort of their own home, there are 1 hour ride windows, and people know ahead of time when they need to be at the park to aid with social distancing.
The process of reserving a BG, packed bus an hour before park opening followed by crowd waiting to enter ending with a mob on their phones, is the opposite of social distancing. I have no idea what system Disney will come up with. I think the odds are near zero Disney will be using the system detailed in this thread.

This must be one of the changes. I was there on 3/12-13 and had a kind of "freak out" the night before we left because all the news was just building about Covid. At dinner that evening we decided we were definitely not Rope Dropping anything for our trip (supposed to be 3 days, we cut the 3rd one off and came home early) because the idea of being shoulder to shoulder with people for that long was freaking me out. I think I actually asked in this thread about where we might be able to arrive at DHS, get in and avoid the crowds during the wait for a BG.

In the end, I can thank our pilot for landing 30 minutes early at MCO...6:30am on 3/12. We had decided to skip using the ME transportation and rent a car (for more flexibility in getting around) on our way to the airport at 4am. Between these 2 things, we ended up going straight from MCO to DHS and got inside at 7:57am, stepped into a non crowded alcove and got our BG. Our original plan was to do the Studios the following day (and use our 3rd day as a backup) since we had FPs for that morning. Thru dumb luck, paranoia, and a good flight we ended up with an unexpected BG.

I will also say, after we got our BG, we decided to head to GE and once we turned by Star Tours and saw what looked like a football field of people, we put on the brakes, back tracked to Star Tours and waited a bit before returning. There is no way I could handle being in a group of people that large. We hit Star Tours, Smugglers Run (with an anytime FP due to the snafu that occured in Feb with FP+), RotR at 9am and were on our way to our hotel by 9:45. It was perfect (and completely unexpected).

(I mean, the whole trip stressed me out to no end, but no way was I going to willingly wade into groups of people that large.)

This must be one of the changes. I was there on 3/12-13 and had a kind of "freak out" the night before we left because all the news was just building about Covid. At dinner that evening we decided we were definitely not Rope Dropping anything for our trip (supposed to be 3 days, we cut the 3rd one off and came home early) because the idea of being shoulder to shoulder with people for that long was freaking me out. I think I actually asked in this thread about where we might be able to arrive at DHS, get in and avoid the crowds during the wait for a BG.

In the end, I can thank our pilot for landing 30 minutes early at MCO...6:30am on 3/12. We had decided to skip using the ME transportation and rent a car (for more flexibility in getting around) on our way to the airport at 4am. Between these 2 things, we ended up going straight from MCO to DHS and got inside at 7:57am, stepped into a non crowded alcove and got our BG. Our original plan was to do the Studios the following day (and use our 3rd day as a backup) since we had FPs for that morning. Thru dumb luck, paranoia, and a good flight we ended up with an unexpected BG.

I will also say, after we got our BG, we decided to head to GE and once we turned by Star Tours and saw what looked like a football field of people, we put on the brakes, back tracked to Star Tours and waited a bit before returning. There is no way I could handle being in a group of people that large. We hit Star Tours, Smugglers Run (with an anytime FP due to the snafu that occured in Feb with FP+), RotR at 9am and were on our way to our hotel by 9:45. It was perfect (and completely unexpected).

(I mean, the whole trip stressed me out to no end, but no way was I going to willingly wade into groups of people that large.)
We were there 3/10-13 we tried twice for a BG not getting on. Even after following all the advice on here. There were so many people the BGs went in less than a minute. Now it was the same week the pandemic went from flu to shut down everything and people were everywhere. Trying to fit everything in. We had some breakfast, had fp for MMRR then went back to the room for awhile. Its hard to get kids to the park before 7am and still dealing with the time change that week.. the late afternoons at HS were amazing crowds really thinned out and you could really move around much easier.
Hopefully next time they will have FPs :)

We were there 3/10-13 we tried twice for a BG not getting on. Even after following all the advice on here. There were so many people the BGs went in less than a minute. Now it was the same week the pandemic went from flu to shut down everything and people were everywhere. Trying to fit everything in.

There was definitely not smaller crowds! We wondered if there were people who were already canceling, but the crowds were huge imo. So I think you are correct.

In the end, for our 2 days, we did only 3 rides that weren't FPs. Star Tours that morning (right after 8am), RnRC the next day (~ 15 min wait pretty early), Mission SPACE (we did the Green side with no wait and then decided to do Orange, but the ride had an issue, the queue was way too close together, and we bailed), and the boat ride in Mexico when it was pretty hot on our EPCOT evening (no wait). Of course, the best decision we made was doing AK AH our first day. It was fantastic, uncrowded and as many rides as we wanted.

Oops, perhaps a little OT veer there, but I'll circle back to say that I can't imagine the BG process being part of the re-opening. Hopefully they can put the ride into the FP system after using this break to get the ride more reliable.

So, hypothetical question.

If we get to DHS, we're through the turnstiles and are in one of the guest corral areas. We score a boarding pass.

Now, if we then LEAVE DHS to go grab some breakfast at one of the resorts, do we forfeit our boarding pass by doing that?

So, hypothetical question.

If we get to DHS, we're through the turnstiles and are in one of the guest corral areas. We score a boarding pass.

Now, if we then LEAVE DHS to go grab some breakfast at one of the resorts, do we forfeit our boarding pass by doing that?
No, you can definitely do that.

My opinion and just an opinion is that when things reopen park reservations ar going to be required at least to start with and then we'll get one of two situations. 1) reservations capacity is so low BGs are not needed or 2) allow anybody with a DHS reservation to reserve a boarding group from anywhere at a prescribed time.

When things open I don't see RD free-for-all being a thing.

My opinion and just an opinion is that when things reopen park reservations ar going to be required at least to start with and then we'll get one of two situations. 1) reservations capacity is so low BGs are not needed or 2) allow anybody with a DHS reservation to reserve a boarding group from anywhere at a prescribed time.

When things open I don't see RD free-for-all being a thing.

As I said above, that was the first thing we nixed doing the night before our 3/12 trip (and normally part of our touring plans). It was a relief. Of course, there will always be a subset of people that are willing to do that, so I'm not sure how they (RotR aside) discourage that.

That's made me wonder if, as part of the re-opening, they'll consider making more FP slots per guest. I realize it's all a formula (smaller crowds, smaller staffing, smaller capacity), but we only used FPs on our trip other than 3 rides and it relieved a LOT of my stress. The longest we waited in standby was about 15 mins for RnRC and about the same for Mission Space (before we bailed because the queue was very hot, people unneccasarily close, and a ride problem so unknown ETA despite it being a short line). We also ALWAYS let all guests move toward the "fast side" of a room (ToT, RotR, RnRC, Smugglers Run) so that we were "behind" everyone else and everyone was looking/breathing away from us. Perhaps it did nothing on a safety level, but it made me feel like I was making better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter