READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend and her family are at HS today and my son (we are in WV) was able to help them get BG11. Then we saw it was down for quite a while and I was worried they wouldn't be able to ride it. Thankfully it's up and they can board now. We were at HS in August and were able to get a BG also. We were so excited to get a BG and they are too.
When my daughter and I tried this morning and also last month we got the message "something went wrong" when my son got a BG. Does receiving that message mean someone in your family & friends list did get a BG?
THANK YOU!!! to everyone on this thread!!
It is a fantastic ride!!!
MTFBWY!!
The something went wrong message could either mean someone else got the BG or the BG's were gone by the time you got through.

Here today and we didn’t get a BG. We had 2 people trying, right on the dot.

GET said that they are booked within a millisecond and to try again at 2pm. There’s nothing they can do.

Fingers crossed for 2pm! Highly unlikely since they had a late start. It’s 12pm and they are still on 1-18 :(
I'm sending good thoughts your way for two! I know how it sucks to miss out

Here today and we didn’t get a BG. We had 2 people trying, right on the dot.

GET said that they are booked within a millisecond and to try again at 2pm. There’s nothing they can do.

Fingers crossed for 2pm! Highly unlikely since they had a late start. It’s 12pm and they are still on 1-18 :(
The GET group can't do magic but they can often help when a member of your party that is in the park was not added to your BG and if your group size is 8 or fewer in total.

Note: They don't have stacks of BGs to give out.

Dave

The something went wrong message could either mean someone else got the BG or the BG's were gone by the time you got through.
Thanks - I think there is a red banner with a message they are all gone or something like when all the BG's were gone.

What time should you get to the park without a long line wait to enter? Im thinking get to parking at 930 and we should be ok? Or 9??

What time should you get to the park without a long line wait to enter? Im thinking get to parking at 930 and we should be ok? Or 9??
I would be there by 9 - just to play it safe. My friend and her family are there today. They were there at 8:50, they started letting people in to park at 9 and they were in the park by 9:15. That gave them time to get situated to get a BG and not feel rushed.
Good luck!!

I would be there by 9 - just to play it safe. My friend and her family are there today. They were there at 8:50, they started letting people in to park at 9 and they were in the park by 9:15. That gave them time to get situated to get a BG and not feel rushed.
Good luck!!
It depends how you are getting there. If you're driving your own car you are risking getting turned away at 9:00 as parking is not open yet.

If you are taking Disney transportation you more need to look at what time you need to be at your bus stop or Skyliner. Personally if it were me and I was relying on Disney transportation, I'd want to be there earlier than 9:30 as you may not get into the park in time if there are lines at your transportation or the various places you go through on the way into the park.

Blerg. I’m just not sure what to do. My favorite park is AK. My DD wants to ride ROTR. Our plan is HS Monday 10/5. We’ve never been to HS. If we don’t get a BG, am I going to be disappointed we spent a park day at HS and didn’t do AK?!? I hate the uncertainty of these BG. I’m practicing...

Blerg. I’m just not sure what to do. My favorite park is AK. My DD wants to ride ROTR. Our plan is HS Monday 10/5. We’ve never been to HS. If we don’t get a BG, am I going to be disappointed we spent a park day at HS and didn’t do AK?!? I hate the uncertainty of these BG. I’m practicing...
You only get one day and can't do part of the other park the day before or after? Hollywood Studios has the 2 newest lands at Disney - Star Wars and Toy Story Land and both are very cool and immersive lands. but AK is all about the animals. If you're not into Toy Story or Star Wars, it's going to be a long day of not doing a whole lot in Hollywood Studios, especially if you don't get the boarding group.

But even if you do get the boarding group and you ride, what more would you do there?

You should probably figure that out to find out if the price of admission is worth it. Come up with a list of top 5 or 10 things you would do in each park and rate them from highest to lowest which is most important to you and go from there.

HS is a great park and since you've never been before you will still be able to find lots to do even if you are not successful getting an BG.

HS is a great park and since you've never been before you will still be able to find lots to do even if you are not successful getting an BG.
That’s what I keep telling myself. She loves Toy Story...so she’ll have a blast if we can ride those rides. And we can wait for MMRR. It looks super cute. I just need to get in the mindset that ROTR doesn’t really matter.

The GET group can't do magic but they can often help when a member of your party that is in the park was not added to your BG and if your group size is 8 or fewer in total.

Note: They don't have stacks of BGs to give out.

Dave
We didn’t expect them to give us a boarding group. We just happened to be sitting next to a GET umbrella and my husband got to talking with them since there wasn’t a line.

We wanted to see if they had any insight into what happened the last few days since boarding groups are gone literally within a millisecond.

They confirmed that they are gone that fast, and that there’s nothing to be done.

We were lucky to have gotten one at 2pm.
Good luck to everyone headed out to HS! 2pm is still a good shot to ride.

That’s what I keep telling myself. She loves Toy Story...so she’ll have a blast if we can ride those rides. And we can wait for MMRR. It looks super cute. I just need to get in the mindset that ROTR doesn’t really matter.
If you've been to AK, I'd definitely go to HS for TSL and the chance at RotR. TSL is amazing and with the shutdown crowds, it's pretty easy to at least get on 2 of the 3 rides, but even slinky isn't that long, considering what it could be pre shutdown.

We didn’t expect them to give us a boarding group. We just happened to be sitting next to a GET umbrella and my husband got to talking with them since there wasn’t a line.

We wanted to see if they had any insight into what happened the last few days since boarding groups are gone literally within a millisecond.

They confirmed that they are gone that fast, and that there’s nothing to be done.

We were lucky to have gotten one at 2pm.
Good luck to everyone headed out to HS! 2pm is still a good shot to ride.

So glad you were able to get one and since they’re up to 70-something assume you got to ride :) Yay!

MMRR *is* super cute! We really enjoyed our ride. Suggest if you’re getting there super early for a 10am BG to make this your first stop because the line gets long quickly and stays that way all day since it’s the newest.

Also practice practice practice for that BG. I will say you don’t have to be a Star Wars fan (I’m not) to enjoy Galaxy’s Edge, or a Toy Story fan to enjoy Slinky Dog Dash and Toy Story Mania, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by DHS! Have fun :)

Not trying to brag, but more just to share our amazing morning that was only possible thanks to this forum and thread!!!
This week, we've been at Beach Club Villas with Monday and today (Fri) as our HS days. We were in BG 16 on Monday and loved ROTR. We were really hoping things worked out again this morning for us.
We left our room at 8:25 (we walk fast) and arrived at HS about 8:45. My two daughters rushed ahead as soon as we were screened and through the entrance gates, securing us the front of the line for MMRR. They started the ride slightly early and we were out of the building at 9:30. We went straight to RnRC where we literally walked on w/ zero wait and rode in our own empty limo coaster! At 9:49, we were walking up to ToT which had a 10 minute wait. The CM there was warning guests that there is little to no signal in the tower, so I chose to wait right there on the sidewalk and began helping others prepare for 10 o'clock. We got BG1!!! Then proceed up the queue to TOT where we walked on that without wait! What a crazy cool morning on a day the park was at capacity!
Here are the things that clicked well and helped out:
1) Walk from Epcot/ Boardwalk resort area (we got lucky through the COVID closures and free upgrades to stay at the BCVs)
2) Be at the gates of HS before 9 to be early in the screenings and gain early entry to the park when they begin allowing people through around 9:15‐9:25 - the walk from the boardwalk will take ~20min. At 9, they allow walkers to line up at the temperature screening tents, skyline guests begin arriving about 9:10 and line up behind walkers. We also saw vehicle traffic begin gaining access to parking about 9:15. I never saw any buses arrive as the temp screening begins processing between 9:15‐9:20.
3) Early entry allows for quick access to MMRR (already an absolute favorite of our family) - the wait time was already 70 minutes at official park opening
4) We used cellular internet instead of park wifi - I actually had my personal android and my work iPhone, both logged in MDE plus my wife's iPhone running the clock with seconds showing as my two phones were on the "virtual queues" page for refreshing and the first "join" button - we had full cell signal on the sidewalk just outside of ToT - ALL OTHER APPS WERE CLOSED
5) My wife used my iPhone, I used my Samsung GS8+, and we (plus coaching to those around us) was "refresh at 9:59:59, and click join, and click join again, ignoring all check boxes. If you get any error at all, just refresh again and continue." All four groups that we were talking with succeeded in getting BGs, ranging from 1 to 34! My daughter's countdown got many accolades. Karma must have played a serious part. All but one group found that everyone in their party was automatically added to their BG if they were in the park as well at that time. The last group found their college daughter not in the BG, but informed us later in the day that GET added her without problems.

Last edited:
At 2pm we got group 59, a backup group today. We were called at 4:10. Just before getting "on" the ride it went down. I think it was down about 30 minutes.

One part wasn't working but it was still cool because we got to see what B mode was.

We rode the ride 3 times this trip and something different happened each time. Lol

At 2pm we got group 59, a backup group today. We were called at 4:10. Just before getting "on" the ride it went down. I think it was down about 30 minutes.

One part wasn't working but it was still cool because we got to see what B mode was.

We rode the ride 3 times this trip and something different happened each time. Lol
Wow, 3x in one trip? That's awesome. Good info on the 2pm boarding group grab as well. glad it was working great yesterday, seemed to have issues earlier in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!