READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're actually in the park, your party will be pre-selected. When practicing, they won't be (only the "lead" name will be pre-selected).

You can't "get rid" of that step, but just ignore adding anyone else to your party and hit "join" at the bottom of the screen as fast as possible. If you're taking time to select names or even click on "add all," then the extra time that takes could be the reason BGs are filling up before you finish.

My recommendation for practicing is to just pretend you're in the park and that your party has been pre-selected and click "join" at the bottom of that screen immediately.

This is what worked for me today on a practice run. Yesterday was my first practice run, and I had taken the time to "select all" guests, and before I could select continue, I got the error saying all BGs were gone. Today however, I did as noted above, and I got through to the "not so fast" screen, so I feel a lot better. I have a few months to practice some more yet, but it definitely made a difference for me on only my second try.

Really appreciated this thread. Learned some things, really had no idea how it was going to go. We got into the parks at 9:15, official open at 10. Went to MMRR and finished that ride at 9:58. Went out of the ride and waited till 10 to join the queue. Got boarding zone 6!! Walked right there and went on the ride with no wait. Was done with ROTR at 10:25 - so freakin cool!! The person next to me trying to get a boarding pass for number 42 a second after me and many other people did not get any. We were very lucky. It was an amazing day! Good luck to all!!

Okay, I am having anxiety over here in Chicago, we are leaving for WDW Wed & Sat is our HS day. My hubby & I have been "practicing" for RotR BP on MDE at home all week and we can't ever get to the part where it looks like you'd get a BG. We both have iPhones. Every time, we get the red "all groups are full" alert.
Just to make sure, you have adjusted for the different time zone, right?

You should go to MMRR first in my opinion. That line will be 90 minutes+ before 10:00. Falcon was down most of the day we were there so no experience with wait times.

There is no way of seeing on MDE if all your party is "selected" for the VQ before 10:00 am as far as I could see last week. Feel comfortable though that if all your party has a reservation for the park that day and are linked through MDE that the system will select each one that has entered the park that morning.

good luck

Hi all! I’m local but haven’t been able to visit much with the current restrictions on APs. Especially at DHS.

But I have family coming this week, many of which have never been and the rest haven’t been in a looong time. So it’s up to me to make their time worth while. And of course the top of the list for most of them is Galaxy’s Edge.

The first part of my question is (assuming I can get everyone there early enough), should our strategy be to go to MFSR while we wait for 10:00 or go to MMRR? We will be there on a Wednesday fwiw. I always do MMRR and have yet to get on the ride before having to worry about being on at 10:00 during the reservation drop. I also know my signal in the outdoor portion of that queue is good enough to get the BG. If we head to Falcon first, is it likely we’ll be on and off the ride before 10?

The second question is about the new process for the VQ and how I can know ahead of time that all my family will be automatically linked. Currently if I go to try and book a park reservation I can see all their names. But when I look at our plans, only a handful of them show up. Is there any way I can know that they will all be selected when we try for the 10:00 VQ?
When you park your own vehicle you are behind walkers from the epcot resorts, buses and skyliner which is why the queue for mmrr is at about 30 to 40 minutes by that point, i have not been able to ride and get off before 10 even though im one of the first cars to park BUT i have managed to get a bg for my whole party while on mmrr using data

When you park your own vehicle you are behind walkers from the epcot resorts, buses and skyliner which is why the queue for mmrr is at about 30 to 40 minutes by that point, i have not been able to ride and get off before 10 even though im one of the first cars to park BUT i have managed to get a bg for my whole party while on mmrr using data

We did two days at HS last week. One time walking from BW and the other time driving in from offsite. There is a huge advantage to being onsite at this point. On the other hand there are so many other variables that can make or break your morning.

First day, we walked from BW and there were three people ahead of us at the hold point outside. They started walking us forward right at 9. The temp check opened at 9:10. We went directly to the MMRR line and we were maybe 6 parties back from the front. The ride was having technical difficulties so it didn't open right away. We decided to chance it and stay in the line anyway. The ride opened at 9:52. We thought we were going to be just right, and then we were the first party that didn't make the first train, then the second train our row wasn't working. By the time we loaded train 3 it was 9:58. I did the countdown on my watch and my DH got BG3 from inside the ride. It was crazy and we missed seeing a bunch of the ride.

The second day we were there was Saturday. We drove in and timed it from our hotel so that we would arrive at the lot at exactly 9. They had started stopping cars a bit early, so we were not right at the front, but not too far back. Again we went right in and got in the MMRR line. We were so much farther back this day. The ride opened at 9:30ish and we were still in the outside queue for the 10 BG drop. This day DH got 17. He's much faster than I am.

Saturday was so much busier than midweek and it was our last park day so we were a bit burnt out. We rode MMRR, RotR, and MF and then left after our lunch reservation.

If you have a group of 5, is it better for everyone to try to get a group? I was always under the impression that every person in the group should be trying, but somewhere I saw someone say something about how that makes it lag somehow (something about pulling everyone's info in the park?). It didn't make sense to me.

My husband an I have ridden it twice with both of us getting a boarding group, but that was back in December before everything changed.

So of the transportation options you'd recommend skyliner/buses over driving in?

So of the transportation options you'd recommend skyliner/buses over driving in?
I would recommend uber/lyft to Boardwalk or the speedway gas station across the road and walking. If you read reports people walking from the boardwalk area are able to line up at the temp checks at 9am, ahead of everyone else, bus/skyliner/own car

Man those groups go quick. Still had a practice success even with adding the step of selecting everyone in the group (which I know won't be the case in the park).

Man those groups go quick. Still had a practice success even with adding the step of selecting everyone in the group (which I know won't be the case in the park).

Agreed. I would say less than 20 seconds? I swear on Saturday it was less than 10. I was unsuccessful on my test run on Saturday (took the time to add everyone in my party), but have been successful yesterday and today in practicing (and not taking the time to add everyone in my party).

I practiced again just now too & FINALLY got to the "hold up it looks like you're not in the park" page (skipping the members in your party part) so I guess that means I'd have gotten in a BG! It took me about 2-3 secs. For the heck of it, I did then quickly go back & hit "select all" and then "join" again and they were gone--that going back part prob took me another 2-3 secs. So it really is the diff between getting thru those clicks in 1-3 seconds, maybe up to 5, but if you take longer than 4-5 secs, forget it! Crazy! Talk about stress! 🤪🤪🤪

I practiced again just now too & FINALLY got to the "hold up it looks like you're not in the park" page (skipping the members in your party part) so I guess that means I'd have gotten in a BG! It took me about 2-3 secs. For the heck of it, I did then quickly go back & hit "select all" and then "join" again and they were gone--that going back part prob took me another 2-3 secs. So it really is the diff between getting thru those clicks in 1-3 seconds, maybe up to 5, but if you take longer than 4-5 secs, forget it! Crazy! Talk about stress! 🤪🤪🤪

Same, I was successful on my first attempt this morning, but then tried again immediately and got the message they were all gone.

If anyone is @ HS Saturday @ 10:01am and you see a 48-year old blond woman from Chicago on the ground crying with a smashed iPhone next to her, you'll know that's me! 🤣

OK, I have not even had one success yet on my practice runs, lol. Today was the 5th time trying. Guessing my clock might be off a little, so tomorrow going to use an Iphone to watch the clock. Keep getting to 'Select your Party' screen, and then I get the error that the groups are full.

I got a month to get this right, so I have time.....

Does anyone know if there's a way to have your iPhone clock set to seconds, not just minutes, so we can watch the real-time countdown to 9:59:59?

I would recommend uber/lyft to Boardwalk or the speedway gas station across the road and walking. If you read reports people walking from the boardwalk area are able to line up at the temp checks at 9am, ahead of everyone else, bus/skyliner/own car
We're staying @ the Riviera and are afraid to take the Skyliner to HS in the morning. We'd love to get to the park by 9/9:15. So we're interested in the notion of ubering to another walkable location, figured we'd have a car pick us up from the Riv around 8:45. I just looked at the map of HS & surrounding areas. I can't really tell, are there actual "Disney-approved" walkways from the Swan and Boardwalk Inn directly to HS? And ubers/lyfts are allowed to drop us off there (w/out being guests or having a dining res)? I presume it'd be best to have them drop us off right in front of the start of the walkways rather than the front/lobby area of the hotel? I see you also mentioned a Speedway gas station--is that closer to HS than those 2 resorts? Can we jump right onto a resort walkway from the gas station? How long are the walks from these locations to the park? Thank you so much for all this insight & info and these invaluable tips!!! (I am going crazy planning this HS day/BG attempt!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter