READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uber/Lyft to Speedway strategy question.... Ok don't laugh, but I've never used either (I live in an area that it's just not necessary, and when we travel for vacation we always rent a car and our main vaca spot is Key West, where we walk everywhere). So on the mornings that we're going to HS, I'm considering doing the Uber/Lyft to the Speedway and walking in to save from getting caught up at the car entrance.

1. How far ahead of time do we schedule/order the Uber/Lyft to make sure we can get someone that will arrive in time?

2. We're staying offsite (at Windsor Hills) and the map shows it to be a 12 min drive (without any issues), so what time should we ask for a pickup time - (assuming park official opening time is 10am)?

3. When walking in, what time can you get to the temp check area? Is there someplace prior to there that you're held up until a certain time?

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know if there's a way to have your iPhone clock set to seconds, not just minutes, so we can watch the real-time countdown to 9:59:59?
The clock icon on the phone app shows the seconds hand. I usually watch that until about 5-10 seconds til 10:00am. then I finish the count down in my head while pulling the MDE app back up and hovering my finger over the join button. clicking right at or just after watching the time change.

I would recommend uber/lyft to Boardwalk or the speedway gas station across the road and walking. If you read reports people walking from the boardwalk area are able to line up at the temp checks at 9am, ahead of everyone else, bus/skyliner/own car

I figured walking/skylining over would be people parking but I was hesitant about the buses and was going to tell everyone to drive from OKW. What time are the first buses leaving for parks? Do the busses arrive ahead of the cars at MK as well?

I keep hearing chatter on places like Twitter about how impossible it is to get ROTR boarding groups. Meaning worse than it was originally, I guess due to the lower capacity on the ride. All the stories I'm hearing make it sound like the groups are gone within 2 seconds and any minor glitch means you are out of luck. This has me super nervous about my March trip (and yes I realize a lot could happen before then) because this is the #1 thing I want to do. We are only in the parks 2 days with 1 day at HS. Are there any positive experiences out there recently?

I did not get one at 10am, mainly because I was trying to get one while riding Smugglers Run. I had never been through the process and did not know what I was doing and was hard to pay attention to the ride and my phone.

In the end I had no problem getting one at 2pm, boarding group 115. ROTR ran all day that day with no downtime. Our group was called just before 6pm and we were done by 6:30pm.

Does anyone know if there's a way to have your iPhone clock set to seconds, not just minutes, so we can watch the real-time countdown to 9:59:59?
The strategy I used was having my wife next to me and her phone on time.gov while I was on the virtual queue page of the app. Once time.gov hit 2pm I hit join (it shows the time by seconds).

Two weeks ago on a Tuesday I got boarding group 17 and have never practiced. Just have MDE open, scroll down to RotR and hit join at 10. Simple.

I just synched up my wristwatch to Apple clock down to the last second. That way I'm more relaxed for the last minute, and know when to expect when the 9:59 will change to 10:00 on my phone. The only time this hasn't worked was when I was glitched out through no real fault of my own. I had clicked on time, but the app didn't think I was in the park for some reason. Nothing I really could have done.

Walked over from YC at 8, fifth in line-ish? temp checks at 8:50, then inside, to MMRR, and off it by 9:32. Got Starbucks by 9:55 and found a space on sunset boulevard with very few people. iPhone 11 Pro, Verizon, no wifi, and group 29. I’m only 1 person, so I was a little peeved the friends and family check spun for what seemed like forever. But I still got it, was on and off the ride by 12:30, and it seems to be humming along well today!

they did scan my band twice (once pre queue and another towards the end), so that was interesting.

Walked over from YC at 8, fifth in line-ish? temp checks at 8:50, then inside, to MMRR, and off it by 9:32. Got Starbucks by 9:55 and found a space on sunset boulevard with very few people. iPhone 11 Pro, Verizon, no wifi, and group 29. I’m only 1 person, so I was a little peeved the friends and family check spun for what seemed like forever. But I still got it, was on and off the ride by 12:30, and it seems to be humming along well today!

they did scan my band twice (once pre queue and another towards the end), so that was interesting.
Wow, you got there early and into the park before 9! sounds like they keep moving things up as people keep showing up earlier.

Glad you had a good boarding group and ride.

Forgive me if I have missed a sticky or some other source of information! There is so much that is different. I have been looking and doing searches but am obviously missing current information on how to successfully be assigned to a boarding group (assuming boarding groups are still in use).

Slight changes only. There are now two opportunities each day, currently park opening and 2:00. The other big change is you no longer have to choose members of your group during the process. The system recognizes all the members you have linked in MDE that are in the park automatically.
Other notable changes are the parking lot is not available for entry until one hour prior to park opening. Park gates have been opening around 9:15 currently with some rides running before 10:00. To be one of the first into the park if you want it is best to walk, not ride or drive. Walkers from the Boardwalk area are being allowed access at 9:00.

Slight changes only. There are now two opportunities each day, currently park opening and 2:00. The other big change is you no longer have to choose members of your group during the process. The system recognizes all the members you have linked in MDE that are in the park automatically.
Other notable changes are the parking lot is not available for entry until one hour prior to park opening. Park gates have been opening around 9:15 currently with some rides running before 10:00. To be one of the first into the park if you want it is best to walk, not ride or drive. Walkers from the Boardwalk area are being allowed access at 9:00.

It seems like I read that buses are dropping guests off early, no?

We are arriving this weekend for a Disney Quickie just to see SW:EG for the first time, we are only there for two days and DHS is the only park we are going to. We are staying at the Yacht Club and walking over to DHS. How long does it take to get through temp/security and gate? DH and I are planning to be there for rope drop. (PS: We have been practicing for BG!)

We are arriving this weekend for a Disney Quickie just to see SW:EG for the first time, we are only there for two days and DHS is the only park we are going to. We are staying at the Yacht Club and walking over to DHS. How long does it take to get through temp/security and gate? DH and I are planning to be there for rope drop. (PS: We have been practicing for BG!)

Sunrise, this is the most up to date relevant information to your question. Keep in mind, Cast member change things up every day, so may not always be the same.

yeah like the report says, being at the entrance by like 8:45am will get you past temp check and security easy and you can go do MMRR and SDD first even before 10am roll around.
Once the temp check and bag check open the process is very fast. Remember to have your umbrellas, phone chargers, metal water bottle, metal glasses case holding them in front of you and walk through the scanner and they won't go off. If you leave anything metal inside your backpacks it will go off and you are sent to the side so security can look inside your bag. Not really a huge deal, maybe a couple extra minutes of bag check there. The park opens once the bag check opens so you just walk in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter