READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 3x in one trip? That's awesome. Good info on the 2pm boarding group grab as well. glad it was working great yesterday, seemed to have issues earlier in the week.
Oh the ride wasn't doing that well yesterday. I think they were only at group 13 when we arrived at around12:30 yesterday. I was surprised to get a group at all. I'm gonna guess they gave out around 50 bg at 10 just by how my bg grabs have gone the other times. I don't know what number they got to yesterday but I'd be surprised to hear they got past 65-70.

Not trying to brag, but more just to share our amazing morning that was only possible thanks to this forum and thread!!!
This week, we've been at Beach Club Villas with Monday and today (Fri) as our HS days. We were in BG 16 on Monday and loved ROTR. We were really hoping things worked out again this morning for us.
We left our room at 8:25 (we walk fast) and arrived at HS about 8:45. My two daughters rushed ahead as soon as we were screened and through the entrance gates, securing us the front of the line for MMRR. They started the ride slightly early and we were out of the building at 9:30. We went straight to RnRC where we literally walked on w/ zero wait and rode in our own empty limo coaster! At 9:49, we were walking up to ToT which had a 10 minute wait. The CM there was warning guests that there is little to no signal in the tower, so I chose to wait right there on the sidewalk and began helping others prepare for 10 o'clock. We got BG1!!! Then proceed up the queue to TOT where we walked on that without wait! What a crazy cool morning on a day the park was at capacity!
Here are the things that clicked well and helped out:
1) Walk from Epcot/ Boardwalk resort area (we got lucky through the COVID closures and free upgrades to stay at the BCVs)
2) Be at the gates of HS before 9 to be early in the screenings and gain early entry to the park when they begin allowing people through around 9:15‐9:25 - the walk from the boardwalk will take ~20min. At 9, they allow walkers to line up at the temperature screening tents, skyline guests begin arriving about 9:10 and line up behind walkers. We also saw vehicle traffic begin gaining access to parking about 9:15. I never saw any buses arrive as the temp screening begins processing between 9:15‐9:20.
3) Early entry allows for quick access to MMRR (already an absolute favorite of our family) - the wait time was already 70 minutes at official park opening
4) We used cellular internet instead of park wifi - I actually had my personal android and my work iPhone, both logged in MDE plus my wife's iPhone running the clock with seconds showing as my two phones were on the "virtual queues" page for refreshing and the first "join" button - we had full cell signal on the sidewalk just outside of ToT - ALL OTHER APPS WERE CLOSED
5) My wife used my iPhone, I used my Samsung GS8+, and we (plus coaching to those around us) was "refresh at 9:59:59, and click join, and click join again, ignoring all check boxes. If you get any error at all, just refresh again and continue." All four groups that we were talking with succeeded in getting BGs, ranging from 1 to 34! My daughter's countdown got many accolades. Karma must have played a serious part. All but one group found that everyone in their party was automatically added to their BG if they were in the park as well at that time. The last group found their college daughter not in the BG, but informed us later in the day that GET added her without problems.

I'm so glad you had a great morning and a great day! We used a similar strategy coming from Yacht Club - arrived at the security hold around 8:40, once they started running the skyliner security walked us forward to the temp check tents before the first skyliner guest ever arrived, and we were the first through security and tapstiles. It was worth getting there early as we did MMRR and SDD before "official" park opening and got a BG thanks to all the practice and tips on here!

I'm so glad you had a great morning and a great day! We used a similar strategy coming from Yacht Club - arrived at the security hold around 8:40, once they started running the skyliner security walked us forward to the temp check tents before the first skyliner guest ever arrived, and we were the first through security and tapstiles. It was worth getting there early as we did MMRR and SDD before "official" park opening and got a BG thanks to all the practice and tips on here!
Is the early entry you speak of for resort guests only? I didn’t know if they were still having Extra magic hours with the current reduced hour schedule.

Is the early entry you speak of for resort guests only? I didn’t know if they were still having Extra magic hours with the current reduced hour schedule.
the parks are opening earlier than scheduled for everyone. Note that the attractions don't necessarily begin operating right away (before official opening time) but some do. MMRR and SDD have been opening pretty consistently before 10am. read post by nate6966 to get an idea on how it works with rides before 10am

Do people rely on their cell phone time for 10am or the atomic clock?

I guess my real question is what does Disney consider the correct time?

I've been using my cell phone time for practicing at home and I'm almost always successful. That being said, maybe if I was using a more accurate clock, I might have gotten a lower BG number if it was for real.

Okay, I am having anxiety over here in Chicago, we are leaving for WDW Wed & Sat is our HS day. My hubby & I have been "practicing" for RotR BP on MDE at home all week and we can't ever get to the part where it looks like you'd get a BG. We both have iPhones. Every time, we get the red "all groups are full" alert. We have both tried different methods related to wifi, checked our speed, used a countdown clock, we know where the buttons are, etc etc but I guess we're just too slow!?! Literally we've taken what sure seems like less than 8 secs to get to the end only to have them all gone. What the heck are we doing wrong? Are they really gone that fast?? I will note, I've seen others say their group was preselected so they didn't have to do that step, when I do mine I have to select all the members or tap "select whole party" or whatever that button says, so maybe I have an extra step in there? How to get rid of that? This is going to cause me to have panic attacks leading up to Saturday morning, lol! Any help is so appreciated!

Okay, I am having anxiety over here in Chicago, we are leaving for WDW Wed & Sat is our HS day. My hubby & I have been "practicing" for RotR BP on MDE at home all week and we can't ever get to the part where it looks like you'd get a BG. We both have iPhones. Every time, we get the red "all groups are full" alert. We have both tried different methods related to wifi, checked our speed, used a countdown clock, we know where the buttons are, etc etc but I guess we're just too slow!?! Literally we've taken what sure seems like less than 8 secs to get to the end only to have them all gone. What the heck are we doing wrong? Are they really gone that fast?? I will note, I've seen others say their group was preselected so they didn't have to do that step, when I do mine I have to select all the members or tap "select whole party" or whatever that button says, so maybe I have an extra step in there? How to get rid of that? This is going to cause me to have panic attacks leading up to Saturday morning, lol! Any help is so appreciated!
When you're actually in the park, your party will be pre-selected. When practicing, they won't be (only the "lead" name will be pre-selected).

You can't "get rid" of that step, but just ignore adding anyone else to your party and hit "join" at the bottom of the screen as fast as possible. If you're taking time to select names or even click on "add all," then the extra time that takes could be the reason BGs are filling up before you finish.

My recommendation for practicing is to just pretend you're in the park and that your party has been pre-selected and click "join" at the bottom of that screen immediately.

When you're actually in the park, your party will be pre-selected. When practicing, they won't be (only the "lead" name will be pre-selected).

You can't "get rid" of that step, but just ignore adding anyone else to your party and hit "join" at the bottom of the screen as fast as possible. If you're taking time to select names or even click on "add all," then the extra time that takes could be the reason BGs are filling up before you finish.

My recommendation for practicing is to just pretend you're in the park and that your party has been pre-selected and click "join" at the bottom of that screen immediately.
Okay, thanks, I did not realize that! I'll try again in 45 min by ignoring the party member button/s & jumping right to the second join button! : )

Hi all! I’m local but haven’t been able to visit much with the current restrictions on APs. Especially at DHS.

But I have family coming this week, many of which have never been and the rest haven’t been in a looong time. So it’s up to me to make their time worth while. And of course the top of the list for most of them is Galaxy’s Edge.

The first part of my question is (assuming I can get everyone there early enough), should our strategy be to go to MFSR while we wait for 10:00 or go to MMRR? We will be there on a Wednesday fwiw. I always do MMRR and have yet to get on the ride before having to worry about being on at 10:00 during the reservation drop. I also know my signal in the outdoor portion of that queue is good enough to get the BG. If we head to Falcon first, is it likely we’ll be on and off the ride before 10?

The second question is about the new process for the VQ and how I can know ahead of time that all my family will be automatically linked. Currently if I go to try and book a park reservation I can see all their names. But when I look at our plans, only a handful of them show up. Is there any way I can know that they will all be selected when we try for the 10:00 VQ?

Last time I was at HS and in GE waiting to get a BG, they didn't even open Falcon til 10.

I'm normally in the SDD queue since it's all outdoor.

Okay, thanks, I did not realize that! I'll try again in 45 min by ignoring the party member button/s & jumping right to the second join button! : )
BTW I had my 14-year-old try this afternoon doing what you said (ignoring the party sitch) and she got thru! Guess who's going to try for it next weekend? : ) Thanks again for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!