READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if today is the day they've possibly started using the vehicles with plexiglass?

But I would think that at best that would double capacity. Which might make the boarding groups last a bit longer, but to go from being gone in 10 seconds to 6 minutes? That would mean that basically everyone in the park would have been able to get a boarding group in that amount of time.

Has anyone reading this ridden today? How many parties are in each vehicle? At 12:00 they're only at boarding group 18 so no indication there about how many are riding per vehicle.

2pm went like normal. I was able to get through without errors the first time but when I tried again everything was gone.
Same here, got in went back and tried again immediately and gone. Less than 10 seconds.

It'll be interesting to see tomorrow morning. I wonder if they are opening more slots in the morning and just a few in the afternoon

Sorry if this has already been shared somewhere, but is there a screen capture VIDEO showing the process to go through on your phone of how/when to do this? I've got the app here, and we'll be there in a couple weeks, so hoping to come in knowledgeable :). Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been shared somewhere, but is there a screen capture VIDEO showing the process to go through on your phone of how/when to do this? I've got the app here, and we'll be there in a couple weeks, so hoping to come in knowledgeable :). Thanks!
There are many. Check youtube

I was in Hollywood studios today (walked over from swan at 8) and managed to get boarding group 6 outside of midway mania. For those keeping track at home we were able to do mickey and Minnie and slinky dog prior to boarding group time.

They definitely used the plexiglass today as we shared our ride vehicle with another party of 2. There were probably more parties (rode it in December pre covid bit not since prior to today) in the pre stuff as al the same parties were given a plexiglass spot . Unfortunately we were in the back in the ride vehicle so we definitely noticed the plexiglass.

Its not as egregious as some rides (king kong at universal looking at you) but it was noticeable. Either way I think it helped with capacity and I never felt unsafe with the other party in our vehicle. Still a great experience!

Have they increased overall park capacity lately? We’re going in a couple weeks and noted parks that were “full” now being available for certain days. Don’t know if they just moved days or if there’s any reports that capacity has opened up again. Thanks.

Have they increased overall park capacity lately? We’re going in a couple weeks and noted parks that were “full” now being available for certain days. Don’t know if they just moved days or if there’s any reports that capacity has opened up again. Thanks.
That is the million dollar question and has been debated on many threads and blogs. Disney recently officially stated that their capacity limit was 25% at reopening, that is where capacity remains, and that they have no plans to raise it. That being said, your observation of new availability for previously full days has been observed several times over the past 6 weeks or so. I'll stop there since the question and my response are off topic. But if you want to know more about all the theories, check out some of the other threads and blogs online.

Deni from the DIS posted an article today describing her first-hand experience with the new barriers on ROTR. To avoid spoilers I am only posting a few quotes from the article. For more detail on her experience (warning - spoilers including pictures) see:
My Experience Riding Rise of the Resistance as Disney Attempts to Increase Numbers

I felt the greatest impact of the new plexiglass on the attraction vehicle. [snip] Today, I was seated in the back row and another party was on the other side of the barrier in front of me.
Depending on the lighting of the scene, the barrier can act like a mirror. Thankfully, the loading area was the spot where this was most present. The plexi will reflect lights that are behind you throughout the attraction, but it's not too distracting.
As you can imagine, being behind the plexiglass left me feeling somewhat removed from the action.
To be honest, the plexiglass made me feel just a bit like I was watching a TV show. I felt somewhat disassociated with what was happening. Weird? Maybe. But that's what it felt like. It's still an amazing attraction, and one that I would recommend that everyone and their great aunt Susie ride, but I think it's good to know going into it that the back row is different now.

More plexiglass barriers have been added to RotR, not only ride vehicles but various places in the queue.
On one hand, I am glad for the plexiglass allowing more people opportunities to ride who would have otherwise not been able to.
On the other hand, I don't want to sit behind that plexi glass.
On our first DHS day, there was no plexiglass. On our other DHS day, even though we were a party of 6, all in the same family sitting together, we had plexiglass. It was slightly distracting at first,, but it didn't detract too badly from the experience (unlike the plastic on Kilimanjaro Safari, which significantly obscured our view).

Last edited:
Just talking out loud but wondering if the plexiglass is less distracting to those who are riding for the first time as they’re experiencing everything new and have nothing to compare it to?

Wow. This morning was the first time I “practiced” in months. I got through once and would have gotten a BG but backed out to try again and they were gone. Couldn’t have been 10 seconds

I just tried a practice join. How do I know if I would of gotten one? It came to the page to click guest then went to remove guest?

Wow. This morning was the first time I “practiced” in months. I got through once and would have gotten a BG but backed out to try again and they were gone. Couldn’t have been 10 seconds

Yeah it’s quick. I got through as well. I’m in a bad cell area so it makes me feel better that it can still be possible if you don’t have the best speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!