Reading, seeing and hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
found more goodies.....the yankee swap .....chinese auction whatever we call it this year......he got a box of chocolates in a wooden box with the Portland Light House on the front.....I love it...well the chocolates too but he can have those and I want the box...

Our allergies in Maine are bad....cause we have no frost in the ground.....so we are in allergy mode for good this year I think.......

I have know idea what you are talking about Pumba:confused3 Yankee swap, chinese something. Do you mean a gift exchange.

I tried on some of my clothes today. I am good to go on that. I did order something out of the catalogue though. When you go on holidays you always need something new. It make is feel special then. Have to look good beside Hubby's new suit that I hope he buys on Thursday. The kids they get new underwear. Believe it or not they will be very happy with that.:lmao:

--

Look at "our" ticker!!!!:cool1:

I have so much to do and yet a strange reluctance to actually get started... because once I do time is going to speed up and then *blink* my trip will be over.

We are talking about going ahead and putting our house on the market:eek: you know that means I have to live "manna free".... not sure I can do that.

I know that alot of different parts of the country call the Yankee Swap or Chinese Auction or Gift exchange.......we call it Yankee Swap so that we are politically correct......I got a gift certificate to Dunkin Donuts for alot of Coffee Coolatas......YES 45 grams of pure Saturated Fat.....how good is that......but you know how many grams of fat are in a taco bell ......nachos surpreme thingie.....but 68.....unless they calmed that down a bit.....but good grief it was sooooo good......honest.....I love that stuff...especially the guacomole.......
OKEY can you tell I am on a hunger mission.......I need food not just any food but BAD FOODS......
I am anxious for you to go on your vacation and then come back and tell us all about it.....sounds totally great:cool1:

Poor Twinkie, you must feel incredible stress right now. Putting the house on the market, plus the job situation, and the trip, I really feel for you.:hug:

My daughter got a speeding ticket on the way to college today. It wasn't even class day, she was going in to volunteer manning a Lacrosse table.
Anyway, $180 ticket, plus $50 for the class to keep the points of her license.
She said right now she has NO money in checking, and $470 in savings, so there goes about half of all she has. I really feel for her!
Well, at least I get some more housework out of her. I came home to a very messy kitchen from DH making dinner, and she JUMPED on cleaning it up, LOL.

Twinkie-- Sorry about your house. :hug: I know what you mean. Hubby hates when I say we only have x number of days left when we are on vacation. Can't help myself.

My plans of not letting the kids know might have to change. Nicholas brought home the new letter for the month and of course on the day we leave they are having a unit test in Math. The teacher even outlined what they need to know for this test. So it must be a big deal:confused3 They have Mass that morning so I know the test will be in the afternoon. We were going to pick them up at lunch. Maybe I should call them in sick:lmao:

Hi Marita -- sorry about your daughter. Good for you though. I am surprised I never got a ticket ever too. I have a lead foot.

Twinkie- ya gotta send me a virtual postcard! Bemember teh LAME one I sent you that I had to redo because me and DH were FIGHTING?

good times.

Last edited by Backstage_Gal : Today at 03:36 PM. Reason: Pumba, stay away from the BAD foods!!! Think eating Wheat Thins... yummy!!

I am sure dubayaT would NOT appreciate being eaten! :rolleyes1

Ok, I just have to post this here. This is from Uma's Thinpeeps thread:

Originally Posted by denecarter
Okay... it is my conference period so I've been catching up on the bios.

I noticed a couple of peeps express a love of ol' Cap'n Jack pirate:

DD19 had a story that she thought was hilarious and just had to tell me. Seems she and a young lady in her Technical Writing class somehow started talking about WDW (imagine that, MY DD talking about WDW of all things... it is her happy place :love: ). ANYWHO, this girl tells her that her friend is currently working at WDW as the Cap'n... and that he is dating Aladdin. :rolleyes1 DD thought that was the funniest thing she has heard in ages. :lmao:

Doesn't that just stink?
I wonder which Cap'n Jack it is. There's one that's REALLY good.
I hope it's NOT that one. I pine for the look alikes too.
Thank You, Marita, for not posting my original response!

Uma, sorry, I have no Character connections here, LOL. I am SURE that your Cap'n is NOT the one in question and is secrectly pining to meet someone just like you!

Pumba don't eat Wheat Thins, we don't bite on this thread remember:rotfl2:

UMA-- I hope it isn't the good looking one either. One really looks like Johnny.

Marita-- How is your work going now. Less stress.

Where is Moo. Is she sending the snow our way?? It is pretty slippery out there. That is what Hubby just told me anyway. He just got home from work. Lots of fender benders he said.

--

okey in order for wheat thins to be consumed I would have to have extra sharp cheddar (which is allowed) actually new york extra sharp cheddar and a few of those really hot spicey pepperonis.....the ones that set you back on your fanny cause they are way way hot...

megara is sucking up to me cause I have the bag of low cal low sodium and anything else low chips.....they are by the manufacturer named UTZ.....they are way way good....love them and I can have 20 for a snack ..can you imagine having to count them all......twenty lousy chips......but its better then those chocolate covered cherries or the lindts white chocolates.....YES I admit it....I am a diabetic and I like stuff that I cant have.....:confused3

I could not stop at 20 chips. I would be better off not having any. My Dad and grandma both had late diabetes. It runs in the family. I am sure I will have it too. Had it while pregnant with the first but not the second. Are you on meds for it?

Got to go watch House.....it is a new one finally.

--

Here I am, Nab! Looks like I missed some good comments by having my nose stuck in a book tonight instead of getting on the laptop!!! It is definitely feeling like winter today.

Marita/Uma - You'll have to fill me in via PM about the deleted comments!

LOL about the Cap'n Jack story. During my trip last week, we had a very good looking waiter at Raglan Road. He was wearing more makeup and had much better groomed eyebrows than me and my girlfriends.

Twink - Sorry to hear about your house. Your and Nab's counter sure is going down quickly. You're right about how fast the time will go. Don't wait until practically the last minute like I did to pack!!!!!!

I was the lucky winner of the high glucose testing and then the A1C test which is a combination of my sugars over a three month period.....I flunked that too I guess.....but I am doing okey right now......i go for more blood this month and will see how I am doing.....no meds yet......and you can keep the diabetes out of your corner by exercising and trying to keep those naughty carbs down.....I am 5foot 2 and I can 45 carbs per meal and 15 for snacks three times too.......so get up and move those knees........:banana:

Moo I got hooked on House at the end of last season. But now we have to wait another 3 weeks for a new one because of American Idol.

Marita-- Stop reading all that stuff:lmao:

Pumba-- That is good you are not on the needle. My grandma was and don't think I could do it. I hated pricking my finger for the blood test when I was pregnant. I hear you about the excerise and diet...

You know what stuff....

Weird indeed. And now I have to go to bed.... :rotfl2:

Good night ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter