Ready Player One

Cogswel_Cogs

DIS Veteran
Loved the book finally got to see movie on HBO. I avoided going to see in movies as I figured it was gonna stink but I liked it. A lot changed but for the most part I liked it. Anyone else?

I thought it was great! I never read the book though and I know some people who did and did not like all of the changes made for the movie, but I certainly enjoyed it. It was one of the best movies this year!

I didn't care for the movie. Most movies are hard to compete with literary detail and one's imagination. What I found funny, though, was how my 10 yo told me I "didn't get it!" Oh, yeah?! Well, I read the book! :rotfl:

Loved the audiobook (read by Wil Wheaton - perfect!) and have avoided the movie because I figure it will pale in comparison. I appreciate the positive reviews!

I really liked the movie, but it was hard to watch it while keeping the book in the back of my mind, because it was so different. Hearing that Earnest Cline was involved with writing the script helped, however, because it made me feel like the changes were done for a reason (e.g. the book wasn't going to translate well to screen).

I saw the movie in theaters a while back and just read the book last week. Obviously the book is SO much better (usually is), but it makes me want to see the movie again.

I also preferred the book, but it had the ability to mention like everything where there was no way movie could.
Thank God they took Rush out, for some reason that band and me do not get along.
Sad to see them take out D&D:(. I played that module!!!

I preferred the book over the movie, but I knew going in that there had been some major changes to the story so I kinda view them as two independent things. The movie is fun to watch, the book is engrossing.

I am THOROUGHLY enjoying the fact that my kids (age 12 and 10) are not only loving the movie, but asking about the 80's references :)

I liked the book and the movie, I think this is one example where making a direct a book-to-screen movie would have been a mistake. The changes made to the story line worked in the medium of film.

Been scrolling past it on the HBO guide, didn't think it was for me. Maybe I'll give it a shot.:)

Loved the book and liked the movie.....actually the "stacks" in the movie were almost exactly how I imagined them to be!!! I think the characters in the book were more socially awkward than the characters in the movie and used their avatars to level the playing field of life.

MJ

I enjoyed the plot of the book but found the writing style kind of tedious---I thought it would translate so well to film and expected to like the movie better.

I think it does translate well to film, but I thought most of the plot changes made were not necessary, and were for the worse. The movie was OK; I'd probably like it better had I not read the book and missed the aspects of the main characters really figuring things out, and the Rush Key, etc

Saw it in the theater when it came out. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the movie, not being interested in gaming. Never read the book.

This is my favorite book. I read it at least 3x per year.

I also really enjoyed the movie. VERY different from the book, but it worked. They each stand on their own, IMO.

I liked the book and the movie, I think this is one example where making a direct a book-to-screen movie would have been a mistake. The changes made to the story line worked in the medium of film.

I haven’t seen the movie or read the book, though the trailer for the movie piqued my interest.

I will say that even though most of the time “the book is better”, IMO the worst is when they try to make a film keep to the book without thought to how different the mediums are. It usually fails horribly and even makes a crappy movie for those who haven’t read the book.

Have to say one thing that annoyed me, was he used the Holy hand grenade and did not count to three. I mean how could you not count to three!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!