Real Housewives of New Jersey

storzo

DIS Veteran
The old thread was closed, is there a new one?

Anyway....seems Joe is rejecting the plea deal that would've given him a concurrent sentence and is now facing trial that can result in up to 10 years consecutively. He doesn't agree with having his license suspended two years and he's not guilty. The judge is telling him how momentous this decision is and he is thinking it over I guess. We'll see.

Let me get this straight. He rejected a deal in which he would have no additional jail time? I just read that he would get 18 months in this deal, but it would be served concurrently with his 41 months and it said he would get no additional jail time. how can that be? He claims he is innocent, but according to what I read, he did use his brothers info to obtain a license. I am so confused.

On a funnier note, the article stated that Joe said to the photographers as he exited his car, "Get out of my way or I will kick every one of youse in the head."

I have no idea why that made me chuckle.

This is from the article I read:

Under the plea deal, Giudice would have pleaded guilty to a lesser degree of the same crime, wrongfully using the identification of another. Instead of a maximum of 10 years in prison, he would have gotten 18 months, but it would have run concurrently with his federal prison term, and he would have served no additional time. His driver's license would also have been suspended for up to 18 months. Feinstein says Giudice wants to go trial because he is innocent of the charges.

This is what gets me the most about both of them. Their blatant refusal to every accept any responsibility for their actions. He tried to get a driver's license using his brother identification. It was an illegal act. HE IS GUILTY. :furious: He is an idiot for not taking the deal

As far as the comments in the other thread about showing scenes of the housewives reactions to the verdict, remember on RHBH how they shot special scenes showing the husbands and wives getting together to talk about Russell's death? I would imagine this was handled the same way.

Apparently after he rejected the deal he had second thoughts and asked to talk to his lawyer and they will reconvene at 2:30. The judge was asking him if he was sure he wanted to reject because there would be no going back.

Am I correct in this thinking:

If he does reject and it goes to trial and he is found guilty he will get 10 years.

OR he could take the deal and be done with it today and serve NO ADDITIONAL TIME.

I must be missing something, he cannot be that dumb. What am I missing?????

Apparently after he rejected the deal he had second thoughts and asked to talk to his lawyer and they will reconvene at 2:30. The judge was asking him if he was sure he wanted to reject because there would be no going back.

Am I correct in this thinking:

If he does reject and it goes to trial and he is found guilty he will get 10 years.

OR he could take the deal and be done with it today and serve NO ADDITIONAL TIME.

I must be missing something, he cannot be that dumb. What am I missing?????

I'm guessing he doesn't want the suspended license while Teresa is in jail. Tough tootles. Don't break the law. My sympathy ship has long ago sailed with these two.

But a trial could be dragged out for a long time. It may be months away from starting and would it go on while T was in jail?

I was under the impression that Joe and his lawyer knew today was the day...accept the plea or go to trial, no more extensions or dealing. He rejected the deal so set a trial date. Too bad so sad for Joe. He should've stopped being a "tough" guy and took the plea this morning.

Did he reject the deal? Last I heard he was "thinking it over" with his lawyer.

he just decided to accept the plea.

what an idiot on considering not to-seems to me there is video evidence of when he went to the dmv and got the license under his brother's identity (that kind of flies in the face of not taking it b/c he claimed he wasn't guilty of the charges). this way he's serving the time while doing his other time-only he's without a license while Teresa is away.

HIs lawyer must have convinced him it was the deal of the century. Honestly, it was like a "get out of jail free" card. He will serve no additional jail time. All that happens is he looses his license for a bit. Otherwise, he risks a lot by going to trial. I'm not sure he could have gotten out of that with the supposed evidence against him.

There is still a thread but I don't know to link to it from my iPad...but I'm subscribed it it...

HIs lawyer must have convinced him it was the deal of the century. Honestly, it was like a "get out of jail free" card. He will serve no additional jail time. All that happens is he looses his license for a bit. Otherwise, he risks a lot by going to trial. I'm not sure he could have gotten out of that with the supposed evidence against him.

I guess the moral of the story is to commit several crimes at once hoping you can serve your sentences concurrently. I just don't get why this was an option.

he just decided to accept the plea.

what an idiot on considering not to-seems to me there is video evidence of when he went to the dmv and got the license under his brother's identity (that kind of flies in the face of not taking it b/c he claimed he wasn't guilty of the charges). this way he's serving the time while doing his other time-only he's without a license while Teresa is away.

I have only been following this part time. Why did he need to use his brother's identity?

I have only been following this part time. Why did he need to use his brother's identity?

His license was suspended because of a DUI.

I wonder if their is hope for those 4 children :( So much craziness in their lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter