Reallocation Question

IsThatYouTigger

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Thanks for all the information you're sharing during this crazy time. My father in law, who was our dvc expert and handler passed away in January, so I have sadly been passed the torch.

We have two separate member numbers - one for Poly/BWV (Mar use year) and one for CCV/GFV (Aug use year). We had a trip cancelled at the end of March with CC 2018 banked points (Aug). We then reallocated those points to a May BLT trip that was booked and was obviously cancelled. In the meantime, we used our Poly/BWV contract with current points to book a back up stay in July just in case the May trip was cancelled. We did that hoping to protect those 2018 banked points that need to be used by July 31st. Hooray the resorts will be open! Will member services be able to reallocate the points for us? The points are just sitting in our account as opposed to being tied up in a reservation this time. I'm not sure why I feel nervous that it can't be done this time. I'd really rather just get them used up instead of having to play the game of trying to use them before the end of November. Thank you all for your help. It's greatly appreciated. Hopefully this makes sense...

Unfortunately no since the reservation is in your March UY and you want to reallocate banked 2018 points from your August UY. You'd have to book something new with the 2018 points. Unless you found a CM with a bunch of pixie dust and it doesn't sound like that's happening if dealing with the 2018 points.

In order to do it, the points would have to be transferred and you can’t transfer banked points

Now, here is what you may be able to do, If you can find the same room at the beginning or end of the trip,,,lots of July is changing, you could book with the 2018 points and then drop those from the current,

You then would just ask MS to link them and put a note so you don’t have to change rooms,

That is how my Aug trip is booked,,,3 nights on my Aug UY and one night on my Dec UY.

So in order for them to book it with my 2018 points they would have to cancel and rebook...risking losing the reservation? It's a 1 bedroom value at jambo. Which is probably a riskier one to gamble with. Haha so unfortunately there aren't any days in front or behind at the moment...

Also reading other posts, I'm scared to book something that is available now and lose the ability to use the points through November if it comes to that. We are in a lucky position that we're local so we can get to Disney easily if availability shifts...we just have to work around my husband's work schedule.

So in order for them to book it with my 2018 points they would have to cancel and rebook...risking losing the reservation? It's a 1 bedroom value at jambo. Which is probably a riskier one to gamble with. Haha so unfortunately there aren't any days in front or behind at the moment...

Also reading other posts, I'm scared to book something that is available now and lose the ability to use the points through November if it comes to that. We are in a lucky position that we're local so we can get to Disney easily if availability shifts...we just have to work around my husband's work schedule.

Darn. The other aspect that is reported is those points can’t be used in existing reservations anyway and they can’t even be booked until the expire.

If that is accurate you’d not have them for the extended booking until August 1st.

Darn. The other aspect that is reported is those points can’t be used in existing reservations anyway and they can’t even be booked until the expire.

If that is accurate you’d not have them for the extended booking until August 1st.

The main reason I asked my question is because I was getting nervous about the bolded. It's why I just want them to get used in July. It's unfortunate when you're having to book just to get the points used. When we reallocated from March to May it was to free up our Aug 2019 bankable points to bank by the end of March. I wasn't clear on not being able to reallocate points between different use years. I should have realized that. Now I just need to decide if I book something at the same time and cancel the Jambo reservation. Maybe I'll call and risk them losing the reservation so long as I can see that there is availability elsewhere. It was nice to get a 6 day reservation for what would normally be 4 days in a regular 1 bedroom.

The main reason I asked my question is because I was getting nervous about the bolded. It's why I just want them to get used in July. It's unfortunate when you're having to book just to get the points used. When we reallocated from March to May it was to free up our Aug 2019 bankable points to bank by the end of March. I wasn't clear on not being able to reallocate points between different use years. I should have realized that. Now I just need to decide if I book something at the same time and cancel the Jambo reservation. Maybe I'll call and risk them losing the reservation so long as I can see that there is availability elsewhere. It was nice to get a 6 day reservation for what would normally be 4 days in a regular 1 bedroom.

Since they are different UYs, you don’t have to cancel first. Book what you can and then do it,

Here is something else you could try,...it’s worked for me, But could be risky, If you modify and take one night off, it may put the room right back into inventory and you can grab it with your banked points,

I did this the other day with an August night for my DD. I canceled a Bw view room in hopes it would show up..booked garden view as back up first,

As soon as I canceled, I went back in and it was there! The risk is if there is a waitlist, you could lose it,

As soon as I canceled, I went back in and it was there! The risk is if there is a waitlist, you could lose it,

I recall reading something that the "sweep" for waitlist only happens several times a day. Your main risk is someone scanning the calendar and being able to punch in all the necessary info before you (or if you cancel before a sweep).

It makes me wonder if *I* could do this faster than member services (i'm pretty quick at the draw), or if it's something that is better left to MS.

I recall reading something that the "sweep" for waitlist only happens several times a day. Your main risk is someone scanning the calendar and being able to punch in all the necessary info before you (or if you cancel before a sweep).

It makes me wonder if *I* could do this faster than member services (i'm pretty quick at the draw), or if it's something that is better left to MS.

That's a theory for certain however my own observations lead me to believe that the waitlists matches are much more often or virtually run all the time.

Thank you for helping. We ended up taking the stress out of it and just booking a split stay. We'll do 4 nights at BCV and 2 at Jambo in the value 1 bedroom. The reservation did show back up after I cancelled so we probably would have been safe cancelling and rebooking, but with the parks not being open when we're going a change of scenery may be nice. The best part is the 136 points that expire July 31st are now safely in a reservation when the hotels will be open.

Thank you for helping. We ended up taking the stress out of it and just booking a split stay. We'll do 4 nights at BCV and 2 at Jambo in the value 1 bedroom. The reservation did show back up after I cancelled so we probably would have been safe cancelling and rebooking, but with the parks not being open when we're going a change of scenery may be nice. The best part is the 136 points that expire July 31st are now safely in a reservation when the hotels will be open.

So glad it worked out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!