Angelrose's Journey

Thank you rndmr2. It is fast because I wanted to be able to swim at least part of July. Actually I can swim after two weeks when they take the staples out. I might be able to go to my cousins pool. She will help me in and out so I don't fall. Karen may take me to the public pool that we belong to on a weekend. That way she can watch over me too.

Thank you minnie carousel. I had a wonderful birthday. I will be so glad when this is all over.

I'm so glad you had a great time in North Carolina. Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts. I appreciate it so much.

That's great you be able to get back into the pool that quickly. That's a great motivator and actually it is really great for therapy. My MIL rehabbed her shoulder and her Right total knee in the pool, she asked her PT to give her exercises to do. She has been going to the Y for a few years now to water aerobics classes. It is one of the only things that helped the pain in her knee before she had the surgery, now she will do the same for the left after she has her surgery in July.

It is a great motivator since I love to swim. Good luck to your mother in law. Hope her surgery and healing goes well.

I have to be at the hospital by 8:15 tomorrow. Chuck will be here around 7 to get all my stuff together and get the house closed up. Then off I go.

Thank you rndmr2. I appreciate it. I'll post on Thursday night. I should be at Chuck's then.

Hello my friends. I have been doing really well at home and walking. I'm pretty much walking without my cane for short times.

I had a wonderful birthday. Chuck and Karen took me to see The Fate of the Furious because I absolutely LOVE Jason Statham. We went to Red Robin for dinner and then came home and rested a bit before devouring my birthday cake. Karen's friend Nadia is a great cook. She made me a vanilla cake with home made raspberry jam filling and pink raspberry whipped cream frosting. I can't tell you how delicious that was. I think I ate almost half of it by myself.

Now I'm enjoying my last few days at home before I go in for the right hip replacement on Wednesday. That means a whole month staying with the kids. They take such good care of me. I am so blessed.
The description of that cake..... making my mouth water! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! And sending positive energy for surgery! Hope it all went well.

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sending all good thoughts and prayers for your surgery! Just keep thinking about the pool!!! xo

Thank you snappyd , Grumpy's Gal and minniecarousel. My surgery went well. I was going to try and get on yesterday, but fell asleep around 8 and didn't wake up until 3am and then right back to sleep again. I slept most of the day today too. But I am feeling more awake now. My doctor gave me some advice with some technical terms. He said, "Use the walker for one month! Your bones are CRAP, CRAP, CRAP." I love my doctor. LOL The pain is a little better today and I will probably get off the Oxy by the end of the weekend.

Glad your surgery went well and you are starting to feel better. Gotta love your doctor!

Thank you snappyd , Grumpy's Gal and minniecarousel. My surgery went well. I was going to try and get on yesterday, but fell asleep around 8 and didn't wake up until 3am and then right back to sleep again. I slept most of the day today too. But I am feeling more awake now. My doctor gave me some advice with some technical terms. He said, "Use the walker for one month! Your bones are CRAP, CRAP, CRAP." I love my doctor. LOL The pain is a little better today and I will probably get off the Oxy by the end of the weekend.
Gotta love a doctor who is straight forward with a sense of humor! The sleep is definitely helping but thankful you have the Oxy. Hope your weekend is WONDERFUL!

Thank you rndmr2 and Grumpy's Gal. When I asked him if he could do both hips at the same time, he said, "yes I could, but it would kill you. You're too old for that." GEEEEEEE thanks doc. Now I feel 108 years old. LOL I never knew a man that could give the "hairy eye ball look" like that. I though only mom's could do that. He won't let me get away with anything.

What a difference a day can make. The pain is manageable now. I can get off the couch easier and get back on much easier. Even getting in the shower wasn't a problem. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more progress.

YAY! Good report! Yeah, sounds like the weekend will be your best healing time. So nice to know the technical term for your bones is "crap".

Thanks minniecarousel. My doctor is a real hoot. My friend recently had her hip replaced. The doctor took her husband aside and said, "now we have two different kinds of replacement hips. One is the normal one and the other one lets her throw her leg right over her shoulder". Her husband laughed so hard and said, "that's the one we want!"

I slept most of the day again today and I seem to have better movement. Chuck and Karen won't let me do anything by myself. Chuck takes me up and down the stairs and Karen gets me in and out of the shower. They both get me all my food and make sure I take my pills when I'm supposed to take them. How lucky am I?

Today is the 8th anniversary of Ron's passing. I almost forgot because I have been concentrating on my recovery. All of a sudden this afternoon I started to tear up and couldn't figure out why until I remembered the date. I know my Ron is looking down on me and helping me recover from this last surgery. This day will always be special for me even if I forget for a while. It's something I learned, you never "get over" the passing of someone special in your life. You just learn to live with it and continue with your life as best you can.

Today is the 8th anniversary of Ron's passing. I almost forgot because I have been concentrating on my recovery. All of a sudden this afternoon I started to tear up and couldn't figure out why until I remembered the date. I know my Ron is looking down on me and helping me recover from this last surgery. This day will always be special for me even if I forget for a while. It's something I learned, you never "get over" the passing of someone special in your life. You just learn to live with it and continue with your life as best you can.

I can't believe it's been that long! I don't get on the DIS as much as I used to when I was taking the kids on vacation to WDW. I remember when that all happened. I'm so glad to see you are doing well - I'm sure you'll get through your hip surgery/recovery just fine and be back up and running (or swimming) in no time!

Thank you BriarfoxinWA. I am doing very well. Although I keep thinking that I am back to normal when I'm not, much to the frustration of Chuck and Karen. I know I could do myself much harm if I don't follow the doctor's orders completely. Somehow I still keep trying to do things I shouldn't. Like walking without my walker for a few steps. Baaaaaaaaaad Mary! LOL I really must be very careful. I'm not a kid anymore and my bones are still very soft around my hips. I certainly don't need to fall because I'm being careless.

Eight years....that's a long time. I believe you've grown a lot in that time. I'm impressed!

Keep working on your rehab - which I imagine is mostly walking (with the walker!)

We are in the midst of a heatwave here in California. We are east of San Francisco, in a valley. We were able to open windows last evening, but tomorrow is predicted to be 103 for us! And further east will get even hotter. When San Franciscans complain about the heat, you know it's bad (I think they've been in the low 80's) We're going to lovely & cool Carmel-by-Sea on Sat for a few days. The Coast usually has fog, called "June Gloom". We're hoping to get pretty sunsets this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!