Reasonably priced lunch TS locations near Boardwalk/Swan/Beach Club area?

DisneyFive

When is the 3:00 parade?
Looking for a new lunch (or dinner) location in the entire stretch between HS and EP. Hoping for under $20 per plate. Could be any type of cuisine, just don't want to spend a fortune.

We just can't justify the cost of our old favorite Cape May's anymore. It would be $280+ for one dinner for my family of 5. ($47.92*5 + automatic 18% gratuity). (My parents will be with us making our party a total of 7)

It can be any TS location in any resort between the gates of HS and the back entrance to Epcot. We love the look and feel of this whole area and don't mind walking or taking a friendship boat from Hollywood Studios to have a fun new lunch.

Thanks,
Dan

I suggest the casual restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin:

Cabanas—Pool bar with nice seating indoors and out
The Fountain-Burgers and ice cream
Fresh Mediterranean
Garden Grove—A hidden gem of a character buffet that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Characters are at dinner every night, but only on Saturday and Sunday at breakfast. The Seafood Sensation buffet for dinner is served Thursday through Saturday. It is very good. Other nights, you choose an entree and have a soup and salad bar.

All of these places give a 20% off food discount for AAA members.

The ESPN Zone and Big River Grille are lower cost Disney restaurants. ESPN’s menu is basic, but it’s a fun place to go. IDK if Big River is open at lunch.

Fresh Mediterranean
Garden Grove—A hidden gem of a character buffet that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Characters are at dinner every night, but only on Saturday and Sunday at breakfast. The Seafood Sensation buffet for dinner is served Thursday through Saturday. It is very good. Other nights, you choose an entree and have a soup and salad bar.

The ESPN Zone and Big River Grille are lower cost Disney restaurants. ESPN’s menu is basic, but it’s a fun place to go. IDK if Big River is open at lunch.

These are great suggestions! We particularly like the Swan/Dolphin restaurants for lunch. They tend to be less crowded and the price point is typically better than WDW restaurants. The Fountain is great for burgers, salads and ice cream. We particularly like Fresh for their make your own salad options. ESPN and Big River Grille are also good, well-priced and a bit livelier than the S/D restaurants, typically. With any of them, I highly suggest stopping at Ample Hills for dessert for some of the best ice cream in WDW!

Fresh Mediterranean

Another yes for all of these, we haven't tried ESPN Zone but love all the others. Big River is open for lunch and rarely crowded.

Love the options so far. I assume Cabana's doesn't take reservations, just walk up?

I'm also looking at the Ale & Compass at the Beach Club, but seems to be mixed reviews so far.

Dan

Big River Grille and Brewing on the Boardwalk. Its usually walk up. If the weather is nice,sitting outside looking over the lake and boardwalk area is always good.

Love the options so far. I assume Cabana's doesn't take reservations, just walk up?

I'm also looking at the Ale & Compass at the Beach Club, but seems to be mixed reviews so far.

Dan

You don’t need reservations at any of these places.

At Cabanas, I like the skirt steak sandwich; my traveling companions liked their lobster rolls. If you want a frozen drink like a pina colada, get it with a rum floater. It costs $2 more, but it’s well worth it. It really improves both the flavor and potency.

ETA: If you are someone who likes to have reservations, make them through Open Table so you don’t have to go through any ADR nonsense.

Last edited:
We enjoyed Big River Grill for a later lunch. We were a party of 11 and were the only ones in the restaurant.

You don’t need reservations at any of these places.

At Cabanas, I like the skirt steak sandwich; my traveling companions liked their lobster rolls. If you want a frozen drink like a pina colada, get it with a rum floater. It costs $2 more, but it’s well worth it. It really improves both the flavor and potency.

ETA: If you are someone who likes to have reservations, make them through Open Table so you don’t have to go through any ADR nonsense.

Thanks JerseyJanice. (BTW, I like the tip about the rum floater. Reminds me of what we do when are cruising the Caribbean)

Thanks again all! Sounds like a lot of great options. More than I was expecting. I'll review these with our group. Heck, maybe we'll do more than one. We'll in in WDW for 10 nights this trip so lots of opportunities.

Dan

Last edited:
Big River Grill @ Boardwalk is where I'd go. I would not waste the time @ Beaches & Cream -not a great meal tbh, and I prefer Ample Hills for ice cream as well.

Here’s another vote for Big River. IMO, they have very good cheeseburgers , served with homemade potato chips instead of fries. They also make their own beer. I always select the beer flight to drink.

The Crew's Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club has great burgers and never gets crowded.

My wife and I really liked Crew’s Cup Lounge when we were there a couple years ago, but I’ve heard it is no longer open for lunch, and now opens at 4pm.

We have never eaten at Big River at Disney,only because we have one in Chattanooga (about an hour from us and we go there frequently) and we love eating at Big River in Chattanooga. I would highly recommend it!

Surprisingly, the one place (besides Cape May's) that I've eaten at along the Boardwalk is Big River Grille. My wife and I ate there before a convention I had at the Contemporary year back. It was good now that I remember it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cabanas also really intrigues me.

re. Beaches and Cream, I think we'll skip it this time since we'll be doing a few other locations with menus that aren't all that different (except for the ice cream).

Dan

It just so happens that my parents (who are going with us on our upcomnig WDW visit) are driving to Orlando right now to see other family. I think I'll put them all on a mission to check out these three spots and determine their fav...

Big River Grille
Cabanas
Ale and Compass

Then we can eat at one or more during our upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!