Recent Blue Bayou Fantasmic lunch/dinner experiences? UPDATE: Cushions are back! (as of 12/07/19)

Belle5

DIS Veteran
My budget increased a bit for the trip and I have booked BB for a Fantasmic Dinner Package for lunch. Some reviews I've read mentioned being given cushions when leaving the restaurant. Other reviews mentioned cushions being passed out as you check-in to be seated for Fantasmic. What is the current way of handling this? I would love to NOT carry cushions around! I don't plan on carrying a backpack.

My budget increased a bit for the trip and I have booked BB for a Fantasmic Dinner Package for lunch. Some reviews I've read mentioned being given cushions when leaving the restaurant. Other reviews mentioned cushions being passed out as you check-in to be seated for Fantasmic. What is the current way of handling this? I would love to NOT carry cushions around! I don't plan on carrying a backpack.
We did it in mim-March and they gave us the cushions after we paid right before we left.

Last Aug they gave them to us after our meal. They put all 4 into a plastic bag and we dropped them off at the Grand Californian and grabbed them again before the show. I would not want to carry them around all day! I recall reading here a few months after, that they started handing them out at the show, which made a lot more sense to me. Interesting that the poster above got them at the restaurant again.

Last Aug they gave them to us after our meal. They put all 4 into a plastic bag and we dropped them off at the Grand Californian and grabbed them again before the show. I would not want to carry them around all day! I recall reading here a few months after, that they started handing them out at the show, which made a lot more sense to me. Interesting that the poster above got them at the restaurant again.

I thought the same thing!

We were there a couple of weeks ago and got the cushions as we finished our meal (lunch). The waiter handed them to us in a plastic bag. They are rather large and don’t fit in a backpack. We took our bag o’ cushions back to the hotel with us and then back to the park in the evening.

We got them right after our meal. The first time we did it we carried them around in a bag as we did a dinner package. The second time when we did the lunch package, we splurged for a $10 locker, and we figured we'd put our jackets/sweaters in there as well as it would be cold at night. I believe they were able to give it to us in a plastic bag, but not sure if they do that now as it's been a few months.

In dec 2017 and November 2018 we were given them when we paid for the meal. They fit in our backpack. They were also different each time. Kinda cool. We plan to do it again next year.

I ate there 4 times last year and we were given the cushions right after our meal each time. We just carried them around in the bag they were given to us in. Kind of a pain, but not a big deal.

You can stop by Pieces of Eight (gift shop by the POTC exit) to ask for a large plastic bag (clear) to carry your cushions. We find the large, clear bags to be a little easier to carry than the ones BB gives. And it doesn't hurt to have a reinforced bag because the cushions are a little large. But they are lightweight and easy to carry. Ours fit in a backpack and a tote bag. We've used a locker before, too, when we've had other things to store. The cushions are helpful on bumpy rides, so go ride Matterhorn while you have them handy!

We ate there last week and received the cushions with the bill. No way they would have fit in a back pack

How did you carry them? Backpack? Or did you store them in a locker or stroller?
They came in a plastic bag but we ate dinner right before the seating for the second show opened up so we just went straight to our section to sit down.

We ate there today at 5 and got our seat cushions after our meal. Luckily we’re reserved for the first show and don’t have to carry them for long.

Not that anyone asked, but I actually brought from home a large reusable bag from the Disney store and it fit all six cushions nicely. My partner rigged it on to the handle of the stroller. We did BB early in our trip and brought the cushions with us to watch the parade and for a second viewing of fantasmic.

Looks like I lucked out as we went late last Aug (2018) and didn't get them until we checked in for F!. We carried them around after but it wasn't a big deal as it was only for a couple hours. We didn't use a backpack that night and I think I got a bag for them after the show.

Last August we had the Fantastmic! dinner package and they gave it to us in a big plastic bag. We had an hour to kill before the show so we brought it onto Splash and the Pooh ride lol
i can't imagine hauling it around from lunch. Definitely rent a locker or bring it back to the hotel if you can.

I just went last week, and they were handed to us along with our F! tickets just after paying our bill for lunch. They came in a white plastic bag, but we were able to fit them into my husband's backpack without problems. The backpack is on the larger side, but they fit easily.

We, too, received them at payment of the bill. I know there was some conflicting reports last year to pick up near Harbor Galley, however, that's not been our experience the couple times we've done it.

We just dropped them back off at the hotel. If you're further away or didn't want to leave the park the lockers are an option. However, depending on your dining reservation you may want to get a locker earlier in the day to make sure you get one big enough to fit the cushions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!