Recent Blue Bayou Fantasmic lunch/dinner experiences? UPDATE: Cushions are back! (as of 12/07/19)

I was one of the folks who experienced the pickup at Harbor Galley last year (in early September). The server did tell me at the time that they were “trying something new” with that.
When I did the BB package again in November 2018 they were back to giving them after the meal. So it seems like it was a pretty short lived experiment which is unfortunate since it was so much nicer than carrying them around.

After meal.....but to me they are kind of thin.
I could hardly move after the show, my old hips and rear had enough of sitting on the ground!

I'm mostly just wondering if they are giving out the seat cushion, or not. Recent posts have stated they were told BB was "out of cushions".

I got a lanyard that lights up... So no seat cushions.:sad1:
So make sure to bring something thick enough to act like a cushion or it will be pretty cold and uncomfortable. I was luckily prepared otherwise I would have been quite miserable.

And if you get that Maleficent Dessert that will be an upcharge. Didn’t know that beforehand...

Just to hop on the Blue Bayou bandwagon, do they serve bread every time you dine there or is that just with the Fantasmic package? And can you get the monte cristo they have there without cheese? I read they’re premade and they just pull the meat off and if that’s the case it’s a no from me... We’re eating at Cafe Orleans (their cheese monte cristo=YUM!) but the kid loves Blue Bayou and is begging for a lunch there.

That’s a bummer about the Fantasmic! cushion issue. We weren’t charged an up charge for the Maleficent dessert in August- that’s strange.

If anyone does a Blue Bayou Fantasmic package in the next week or so, if you could report back about the cushion, I would appreciate. It might seem kind of silly but I will most likely cancel as we have eaten there before and instead do the HB package.

Just to hop on the Blue Bayou bandwagon, do they serve bread every time you dine there or is that just with the Fantasmic package? And can you get the monte cristo they have there without cheese? I read they’re premade and they just pull the meat off and if that’s the case it’s a no from me... We’re eating at Cafe Orleans (their cheese monte cristo=YUM!) but the kid loves Blue Bayou and is begging for a lunch there.

That’s a bummer about the Fantasmic! cushion issue. We weren’t charged an up charge for the Maleficent dessert in August- that’s strange.

I've been to BB a couple times without doing the F! package and have gotten bread with butter. They also sometimes have a gluten-free bread option if anyone in your party has Celiac's or prefers to eat GF.

If anyone does a Blue Bayou Fantasmic package in the next week or so, if you could report back about the cushion, I would appreciate. It might seem kind of silly but I will most likely cancel as we have eaten there before and instead do the HB package.

We did the BB Fantasmic first showing lunch package on 12/6 and there were no foam cushions for anyone that night. My butt was so sore by the end of the show. If we do this again, we'll bring inflatable cushions or something to make sitting on cold concrete tolerable.

We did the BB Fantasmic first showing lunch package on 12/6 and there were no foam cushions for anyone that night. My butt was so sore by the end of the show. If we do this again, we'll bring inflatable cushions or something to make sitting on cold concrete tolerable.
Foam gardening kneeling cushions (like the ones from Home Depot or Amazon.com) work great! They come in different sizes, fit easily in a tote bag, backpack, or locker. And they are easy to sit on during the show. Very inexpensive, too.

I just hate that they are downgrading the package without reducing the price. This will be our first time doing it, and I was looking forward to the cushion to make sitting on the ground more manageable. UGH.

We’ve done the package twice and I wouldn’t do it again, esp with these recent downgrades. The first time it was great-we had a waterfront seat and we were so excited to see the show. Totally worth it that time. Second time a couple years later our seats in the restaurant were bad and the food quality wasn’t good-then you sit right next to the HB package folks anyway. I’ll do that next time we try and catch the show.

I did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package on 11/29/19 for lunch. Luckily, I read (prior to the trip) from disboards postings that they weren't giving out (or ran out of) the seat cushions, so we brought our own cushions from a prior trip years back (they're also Fanstasmic seat cushions).

To put it short, when the server presented us with our Fantasmic tickets and light-up lanyards, I asked the server what had happened to the seat cushions. He said that someone had made a mistake in the ordering of the seat cushions, so Disney is currently giving light-up lanyards to compensate until the seat cushions come back (according to him, of course). So, thanks to disboards, we had brought our own cushions stored in the rental locker and weren't put-out by it when we watched Fantasmic that night.

Long version: On 11/29, my family arrived 20 minutes earlier than our 12:30pm reservation and requested a waterside table (we were fine with waiting). The castmember said she'd check on the wait time. She came back promptly and let us know it might be a 20-30 minute wait. So we waited. To our surprise, it was only about 5-10 minutes before they called our group to be seated. We got a lovely water-side table along the edge. We were greeted by a server with bread, and soon presented with our Fantasmic-package menus. We waited a little bit after ordering. Food was great and so was dessert. When the server presented us with our Fantasmic tickets and light-up lanyards, I asked him what had happened to the seat cushions. He said that someone had made a mistake in the ordering of the seat cushions, so Disney is currently giving light-up lanyards to compensate until the seat cushions come back (according to him, of course). So, thanks to disboards, we had brought our own cushions stored in the rental locker and weren't put-out by it when we watched Fantasmic that night.

We had a great time a both the restaurant and at Fantasmic that night! It had rained our first day all day on Thanksgiving (Thursday), and we had our Blue Bayou Fantasmic-package lunch on Friday. Luckily, there wasn't any rain Friday night (short of a brief drizzle) and Fantasmic wasn't cancelled nor were the fireworks after, so we enjoyed the Fantasmic show in the reserved area (with plenty of room to sit) and then stood up after the show to enjoy the fireworks and the water-screens in the river before us. Magical night :) The following night (Saturday) it rained and the fireworks were cancelled, so our Friday night worked out perfectly.

Hope I helped! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!