Recent Blue Bayou Fantasmic lunch/dinner experiences? UPDATE: Cushions are back! (as of 12/07/19)

Are the menus for lunch BB fantastic package the same as the supper one? Just doing some research...
Not quite... in the evening you can get the surf and turf and for lunch a monte Christo... but I think there are also some other differences besides those 2 I just named...

edit to add: I just found the photo of the lunch menu I took last thanksgiving...

Just did lunch on Saturday. Lunch menu was different from above in that creme brûlée was vanilla. There was a layered chocolate cake, not the opera cake. Soup was Red Beans and Rice. Fish was salmon. My kids ordered off the adult menu, so I did not really study the kids’ menu.

We were able to order the Monte Cristo with the ham removed on one sandwich, and with the turkey removed on the other. They said they were pre-made, so that if you could not consume something that had touched ham, for example, that ordering it without ham would not solve your issue.

Had a great time, doing it for the first time. I was somewhat confused on how the seating worked. We booked 11:30am (first time for lunch) so that we could hopefully sit waterside. We checked in at the window around 11:10am, and I asked how to request waterside. He said, no need since you are 1130, you will get it. Great! We sat in the little foyer for around 10 minutes with about 5 other families. They started calling tables, and we were nearly last. None of the other tables did the Fantasmic package, because those menus are different, And the servers bring the menus out for the party when they call the party for their table. When we got inside, we were seated at a prime waterside table. However, all the other parties that were seated before us were at the tables 3 rows back from the water. I am not sure why?? Does the Fantasmic package get you priority for waterside? I was happy we got it, but I was unclear what happened with the other groups? Maybe they didn’t want to sit there?

They brought us the cushions at the end of the meal in a white plastic bag. They were bulky so we dropped them in the room at GCH and got them back out for the show. The reserved area was not full that night, and the seats were awesome! Thanks all for your help on this thread!!!

... However, all the other parties that were seated before us were at the tables 3 rows back from the water. I am not sure why?? Does the Fantasmic package get you priority for waterside? I was happy we got it, but I was unclear what happened with the other groups? Maybe they didn’t want to sit there?...
F! Dining Packages do not give you priority for waterside tables. Anyone can request that. Maybe those groups did not know to request or maybe they needed to be seated closer to the restrooms. When my sister was pregnant and when youngest had just finished potty training, we always requested a table near the restrooms! Not my first choice, but necessary at the time.
And I totally agree about the viewing from the BB section -- the best! :)

Does it say that for all the dining package sections? It used to say that only for the HB package. CMs have said that the "standing only" wording is used as a "just in case." I think it's only been used a few times during peak crowds early on when F! re-opened in its current form. CMs now say that they can't remember telling guests to stand in the dining package sections in over a year. And although all the dining package sections are seated (on the ground), only BB includes the cushion.

Yes, it's set out as a general term for the BB and RBT Fantasmic dining packages:
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 5.10.47 PM.png

That's not what the description said when these areas opened in 2017 -- but all CMs whom I've asked (as recently as a few months ago) have said that they cannot remember the last time they were told to tell guests in the viewing areas (for any package) to stand to view the show. Stand for the fireworks? Yes. Stand for F!? No. They all agree that the wording is there on the website to cover Disney in case there is ever a time when people will be asked to stand; but so far, no CM I've asked, including leads, can remember asking any guest to stand going back to 2018. We were in the dining package area on July 4th, 2019 for the first show -- absolutely packed in all 3 sections! And while all guests were asked to move forward to make room for latecomers, no one was asked to stand.

That's not what the description said when these areas opened in 2017 -- but all CMs whom I've asked (as recently as a few months ago) have said that they cannot remember the last time they were told to tell guests in the viewing areas (for any package) to stand to view the show. Stand for the fireworks? Yes. Stand for F!? No. They all agree that the wording is there on the website to cover Disney in case there is ever a time when people will be asked to stand; but so far, no CM I've asked, including leads, can remember asking any guest to stand going back to 2018. We were in the dining package area on July 4th, 2019 for the first show -- absolutely packed in all 3 sections! And while all guests were asked to move forward to make room for latecomers, no one was asked to stand.
When we did the lunch BB F! package on Saturday, the CM in our section made an announcement right before the show started that this area was "sitting only" and we should not stand during the show. After F!, they told us to stand for Fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter