Recent Border Experiences?

Paul G

WL Veteran
If you have driven across the border recently (ie since March 20th) could you share your experience with US customs?

Did you use a passport or is a birth certificate and drivers license still ok?

Did anyone have to go to secondary inspection?

Passports will cost me about $300 so I want to avoid getting them if possible.

I will be going May 16th.

Ick...Paul - it would cause you less pain if you got them! :rolleyes:

A friend of mine went last weekend to Toronto.
She said they did not check licenses or birth cert.

She also said the wait to get into Canada was only about 45 min.
On the way back, it was 4 hours!

Lisajl

Both my Dad and Brother cross all the time (2x weekly) and have had no problem, neither of them have passports, just their normal I.D.
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

We just went over at the Rainbow bridge and weren't even asked for ID, just where we were from, where we were going and for how long. I still think it is a good idea to carry a passport.

Allison

We flew out of Buffalo last Fri and crossed at Ft Erie. No problems whatsoever with only our licenses.

DD playing Rugby tournament in Ohio-just called-took 15 min for whole bus to clear into US. Coach insisted anyone going on trip had to have a passport or three pieces of photo ID. No problems.

Our neighbours just came back from FL yesterday (6 months)-10 minutes to clear border with passports (even with passports, a British couple in front of them were having a bit of a hard time).

We also flew out of Buffalo March 17th and returned from Florida April 10th. We used Niagara Air Bus to get us to Buffalo Airport and going (5:30AM!) we were all asked to get out of the van and we went into the main office where all of us (6 passengers in total) showed our passports and then DH and I were asked where we were going,who we were staying with and what we did for a living!:mad: We were then told that everything was fine and we went on our way. Coming home on the 10th there wasn't a problem and we weren't even asked for our ID although DH and I went in March and got passports just to be on the safe side and I'm very glad we did.:)

Paul, just got home a couple of hours ago. Crossed into the USA on Friday April 11 at 1000 Islands. No problem at all. Very nice guy. Friendly, great relief. Crossed back today. 15 minute wait to get to Custom's booth. No problem. We were asked; citizenship, place of residence, amount of goods coming back in, alcohol or tobacco, length of time in USA, have a good afternoon. No problems. By the way, both agents had a good look at our passports during the chat. Are they absolutely necessary? Probably not, but I am very glad to have them.

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter