Recent experiences literally sharing a deluxe credit?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
I am following the threads about some restaurants not allowing sharing the deluxe plan, or using a credit to pay for someone not on the plan. This is a sharing issue but different.We will have the dxddp in one room with 2 adults on an upcoming trip. I would like to share 3 deluxe credits to pay for our family of 6 adults at Olivias and Kona Cafe, paying oop for additional drinks, etc. DH and i did this several times but not recently and it was only the 2 of us sharing 1 deluxe credit.The deluxe plan is so much food, I'm trying to ease the GI distress. It still makes sense for us to buy it but would like anyone's recent experience sharing credits not the plan. TY

I am following the threads about some restaurants not allowing sharing the deluxe plan, or using a credit to pay for someone not on the plan. This is a sharing issue but different.We will have the dxddp in one room with 2 adults on an upcoming trip. I would like to share 3 deluxe credits to pay for our family of 6 adults at Olivias and Kona Cafe, paying oop for additional drinks, etc. DH and i did this several times but not recently and it was only the 2 of us sharing 1 deluxe credit.The deluxe plan is so much food, I'm trying to ease the GI distress. It still makes sense for us to buy it but would like anyone's recent experience sharing credits not the plan. TY

Right now it's a crap shoot. There haven't been any new reports in the last few weeks where people could not use more credits than people on the plan. Even though you're not looking at using 6 credits, you are still wanting to use more credits than people, so you may be okay and you may not. I don't think Olivia's or Kona have been on any of the reports of not being allowed, so I'd say your chances are pretty good you'll be able to do what you want to do.

In October, we had lunch at WCC and were able to share credits. One of our party members arrived a few days early and had the 1 TS DP for that portion of her trip. The day the rest of us arrived we used the remaining TS credits from her stay that was ending and then just split the cost of the other 2 meals between us. It all had to go on her bill though.

In October, we had lunch at WCC and were able to share credits. One of our party members arrived a few days early and had the 1 TS DP for that portion of her trip. The day the rest of us arrived we used the remaining TS credits from her stay that was ending and then just split the cost of the other 2 meals between us. It all had to go on her bill though.
But did you share meals? I want to break up the meals so that each couple shares one app, entree and dessert. Like I said, DH and I have done this but not in the past 2 years.

But did you share meals? I want to break up the meals so that each couple shares one app, entree and dessert. Like I said, DH and I have done this but not in the past 2 years.

Using one credit to feed two people is not a problem; I've seen nothing that this is no longer being allowed. It's using more credits than you have people on the plan that is inconsistently being forbidden.

Using one credit to feed two people is not a problem; I've seen nothing that this is no longer being allowed. It's using more credits than you have people on the plan that is inconsistently being forbidden.
Yes, I know. My family was caught up in that inconsistency in December which is why I'm asking about this type of sharing. Since some restaurants are questioning the other type of sharing that had been previously allowed, are they also questioning this?

Yes, I know. My family was caught up in that inconsistency in December which is why I'm asking about this type of sharing. Since some restaurants are questioning the other type of sharing that had been previously allowed, are they also questioning this?

Since you only have 2 adults on the plan, you may encounter issues when trying to use 3 credits.

Are you asking about the mechanics of it? Like will they bring the entree out already split onto 2 plates, or if you ask for an extra plate and split it yourselves at the table, etc?
I think it is not clear what exactly you are asking about.
Not the mechanics, we've done it before, just if anyone has had experience doing it lately.

You have two people on the Dining Plan.Y
You will be ordering three meals for six people.
This is what the other "sharing" threads address.

There have been ZERO reports or even any whispers that two people sharing one credit will not be allowed. There's never been a problem with that type of sharing.

Olivia's and Kona should be fine. The only restaurant on property that has a problem with sharing entrees (other than buffets) while on the Dining Plan is Via Napoli and they have had that policy for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!