• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent I-95'ers--any problems along the way??

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Our AAA Trip-TIK shows the usual "construction delays possible" info , but I was wondering how things were in reality? We drove in December, and the only real trouble spot was in Fla. itself.
Thanks for any help!!

Not sure but a co-worker just came back from Myrtle beach all the way up New England on 95 and said the usual hot spots were aweful, esp. Washington and quite a ways south, even into Richmond. I think though it was last Sat.-Sun. which was the end of school vacation, at least around here. Also most of the snow birds should be home by then. I hope so as we will be driving part of that route too.
I see you are coming from Penn. We will be flying down this weekend and driving back the following week. We are planning 95 to Richmond, then onto 64, then 81, all the way to 84 in Penn. Are you familiar with those junctions and have any tips or advise to stay on the right path? Thanks!

Just back last night, DH was saying we hit a major project in every state, starting on the MA pike, it was the worst around NY. Have a safe trip

msdis:
Haven't used those routes in awhile, but am familiar with them. Getting off 95 at Richmond and avoiding all the big cityies has got to be a good idea. 64 and 81 are very scenic too!!

Just thought I would update since we are now back. We made a stop at HH on the way home and when we left we started on I-95 about a 100 miles to I-26, to I-77, to I-81 to I-84 to I-90, to I-495, to I-95 in NH. This was the absolute best way to go. Hardly no cities, no ugly industry, no ***quick*** which way do we go's, less traffic, fewer lanes; beautiful, scenic rolling hills, magestic mountains, and lots of farmland. There were just as many rest areas and the signage was well detailed. I will never go I-95 again. I guestimated about 50 miles longer overall. Not a bad trade off for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter