Recent reports on rider switch?

VAlegacy

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked recently. The most recent posting I found was Nov 1st, and as I know rider switch pass rules are ever-evolving, and common practice with RS usually is outside of the written standards anway.
I was hoping someone could answer a couple questions for me. Traveling in 2 weeks.

One child who can ride all rides
One child who's max is 42"
2 toddlers.
Example: Me and my oldest tell CM upon waiting in regular line we would like to initiate rider switch. CM confirms my wife and toddlers. They give me a "switch pass" to reride immediately when we exit. My wife and same child re-enter fastpass lane. Is this accurate?

Also, if I have a FP for me and oldest, can I tell CM upon entering FP lane that we would like to execute rider switch, we go through FP lane, then my wife can re-ride with same child?
Lastly, If the ride is a 42" height, my second youngest could ride. Could me and oldest ride first, then for "switch pass" or whatever voucher I get, could wife and second oldest right immediately thereafter?

I know there are lots of substance here on this, but like I said, it seems to change frequently.

Thanks for any help ladies/gents.

Rider Swap is electronic now -- no switch pass or voucher. The whole party (including the 2nd adult and little ones) must approach the queue and request the Rider Swap. It will be added to the MB/ticket of "party 2" (those riding second) like a FP. Party 1 enters either the standby or FP queue. Once they return to the group, party 2 can enter the FP queue. Up to 3 guests may ride as party 2, so yes your oldest can ride again each time. Other than becoming electronic through the MB, the basic process really hasn't changed much over the years.

CMs at some attractions may require that all riders have a FP+ whether party 1 or party 2. That seems to happen most at FOP and SDMT. Lots of threads about it.

Enjoy your vacation!

Rider Swap is electronic now -- no switch pass or voucher. The whole party (including the 2nd adult and little ones) must approach the queue and request the Rider Swap. It will be added to the MB/ticket of "party 2" (those riding second) like a FP. Party 1 enters either the standby or FP queue. Once they return to the group, party 2 can enter the FP queue. Up to 3 guests may ride as party 2, so yes your oldest can ride again each time. Other than becoming electronic through the MB, the basic process really hasn't changed much over the years.

CMs at some attractions may require that all riders have a FP+ whether party 1 or party 2. That seems to happen most at FOP and SDMT. Lots of threads about it.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you kindly.
Will the CM make party wait in a staging are as prescribed on did website? Also, must party 2 ride immediately?

Party 2 can wait wherever they wish -- outside the ride, go get a snack, restroom break/diaper change, ride something else. I believe the swap has a "return after" time and is good for the rest of the day, though you may need to use it before collecting another (I'm not sure - someone will be around to confirm that).

Enjoy your vacation!

Each magic band can have only one rider swap on it at a time, so you would have to use it before you can get another added for a different ride.

When rider swap became digital, it was advertised that they were only valid for one hour, but posts on here by multiple people have indicated that they can be used all day and do not have a one hour time limit.

The digital rider swap will show up in your MDE app, and it will say it can only be used for the current standby time for the ride plus a margin (I think 15 min). So if Test Track has a standby of 45 min, your RS pass would show up in MDE as good for an hour. We never checked that for enforcement though.

The digital rider swap will show up in your MDE app, and it will say it can only be used for the current standby time for the ride plus a margin (I think 15 min). So if Test Track has a standby of 45 min, your RS pass would show up in MDE as good for an hour. We never checked that for enforcement though.

i was wondering about that too...
Has anyone tried going after the prescribed time?

Sorry if this has been asked recently. The most recent posting I found was Nov 1st, and as I know rider switch pass rules are ever-evolving, and common practice with RS usually is outside of the written standards anway.
I was hoping someone could answer a couple questions for me. Traveling in 2 weeks.

One child who can ride all rides
One child who's max is 42"
2 toddlers.
Example: Me and my oldest tell CM upon waiting in regular line we would like to initiate rider switch. CM confirms my wife and toddlers. They give me a "switch pass" to reride immediately when we exit. My wife and same child re-enter fastpass lane. Is this accurate?

Also, if I have a FP for me and oldest, can I tell CM upon entering FP lane that we would like to execute rider switch, we go through FP lane, then my wife can re-ride with same child?
Lastly, If the ride is a 42" height, my second youngest could ride. Could me and oldest ride first, then for "switch pass" or whatever voucher I get, could wife and second oldest right immediately thereafter?

I know there are lots of substance here on this, but like I said, it seems to change frequently.

Thanks for any help ladies/gents.

Hi i was wondering if you can share your recent post trip experience regarding rider switch? Did everyone have fp+ or just group 1? Which rides did you use rider switch and did u get a hard time from any CMs for any specific rides like SDD or SDMT or FoP? Our first trip is in a few weeks and i have a 1 yo and 3 yo (not 40" yet) so we would like to be prepared when we request rider switch. Thanks in advance!

Hi i was wondering if you can share your recent post trip experience regarding rider switch? Did everyone have fp+ or just group 1? Which rides did you use rider switch and did u get a hard time from any CMs for any specific rides like SDD or SDMT or FoP? Our first trip is in a few weeks and i have a 1 yo and 3 yo (not 40" yet) so we would like to be prepared when we request rider switch. Thanks in advance!
@VAlegacy I'd also love to hear about your experience.
We went the week before Christmas. It was quite busy. I went into it with the mindset that neither group 1 or 2 needed a FP. Those requirements are not stated in the guidelines, and short of getting into an argument with a CM, I would refer them to the requirements on the rider switch page. FP's defeat the purpose of rider switch. If group 2 needed one, they wouldn't need rider switch in the first place! The intent is for group 2 to get scanned, group 1 waits in line, and group 2 returns after the current stand-by wait time has elapsed.
That being said, at Space Mountain there was a 2 hour wait. When I approached with the fam and requested a rider switch, the cast member asked if group 2 had a FP. I said no, and she just said "ok you're good dont worry about it", and scanned group 2 and that was it. That was the only time I was even questioned. My advice is, if they ask if group 2 has FP, just tell them if they did then I wouldn't need rider switch.
Every other time there was no issue at all, they didn't ask if any groups had FP. I just approached with the family, requested rider switch, they scanned group 2 and that was it. They didn't say "group 1 please go stand in line now" or anything like that. Theroretically, there could be no group 1. They wouldn't know and dont follow you into line.

Does anyone know if you can do rider swap for a ride that you have a fastpass for later in the day? Like if you rope dropped could you get a riderswap for party two even though they already have Fastpasses for later in the day?

Does anyone know if you can do rider swap for a ride that you have a fastpass for later in the day? Like if you rope dropped could you get a riderswap for party two even though they already have Fastpasses for later in the day?
I have read a couple of reports that this was not allowed. The CMs can see the FP for later in the day and wouldn't issue a RS.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter