Recent rope drop SDD info?

Haven't been there, but have been checking SDD wait times at park opening all during this past week, and it has varied from 60 minutes to 85 minutes.

I can’t answer regarding a non-EMM morning.... but on EMM mornings so far (which are select Mondays and Wednesday’s) the reports have been that the rope drop crowd has been arriving at TSL approx 8:45-8:50ish.

FWIW.

I rope dropped SDD this morning (10/15). I arrived at 7:55 and was 3rd in line at the tapstile. They let us into the park around 8:30 and held us at Sunset Blvd. They “dropped the rope” around 8:47 and walked us back to SDD. We got to the line around 8:52 and I boarded the ride at 9:02. When I got off, the wait times said 45 minutes. Hope that helps!

I rope dropped SDD this morning (10/15). I arrived at 7:55 and was 3rd in line at the tapstile. They let us into the park around 8:30 and held us at Sunset Blvd. They “dropped the rope” around 8:47 and walked us back to SDD. We got to the line around 8:52 and I boarded the ride at 9:02. When I got off, the wait times said 45 minutes. Hope that helps!

Exactly what I wanted to know! Many thanks!!!

Good job!!

We arrived at 8:10 this morning and were about 30-40 people back. We got decent positioning once in the park but my son and husband weren’t on the ride until 9:40.

OP, the line builds fast and there is terrible crowd control. We went to the fence as directed but people kept “joining the line” beside those of us already in line rather than going to the back where the cast member was with the line marker. It causes those who are in line to wait a lot longer. I really wish they would pull anyone not on the fence from the line and make them go to the back.

How was the line for bag check vs non-bag check for getting into the park? We're planning to RD on an EMH morning, and I'd like to have my bag for the day with us, but maybe not if it means a 45 minute wait for SDD because we were held up at the tapstiles.

We were there on Saturday. Arrived 820 (running late!) and were straight into the holding area. We were level with Starbucks entrance which was pretty good given arrival time. Bag search was a breeze compared to MK. There was a big long table at the RHS as you come up to the park which we used. Didn’t get walked to toy story land till about 850. We went straight to TSM as have SD FP later this week and walked on. Everyone else seemed to be going to SD and the line built really quickly. It was way past the entrance to TSM heading back to animation courtyard when we came out.

How was the line for bag check vs non-bag check for getting into the park? We're planning to RD on an EMH morning, and I'd like to have my bag for the day with us, but maybe not if it means a 45 minute wait for SDD because we were held up at the tapstiles.
We weren’t there for an EMH morning, but we arrived 1 hour before park opening and all bag check lines were open with nobody in them. We walked right up to the table.

Good job!!

We arrived at 8:10 this morning and were about 30-40 people back. We got decent positioning once in the park but my son and husband weren’t on the ride until 9:40.

OP, the line builds fast and there is terrible crowd control. We went to the fence as directed but people kept “joining the line” beside those of us already in line rather than going to the back where the cast member was with the line marker. It causes those who are in line to wait a lot longer. I really wish they would pull anyone not on the fence from the line and make them go to the back.
I totally agree about the crowd control! We were so stressed out. It was not an enjoyable experience to say the least. I’m a rule follower, so I lined up directly behind the cast member with the sign. I couldn’t understand where everyone else was going as they blew past her.

I totally agree about the crowd control! We were so stressed out. It was not an enjoyable experience to say the least. I’m a rule follower, so I lined up directly behind the cast member with the sign. I couldn’t understand where everyone else was going as they blew past her.

I hope they fix this. I'm a rule follower too so will be along the fence where directed.

Have you contacted Disney with your experience?

I realize that “confrontation” can be difficult, but it’s the CM’s job to maintain an orderly line. It’s really not hard to learn to say, “excuse me, the line forms back there.” And to be honest, I frequently say that to people if they try to jump the quque I’m in. Of course, if a bunch of people are just blowing past, you need another CM near the join point to send them back.

Just realize that video was done on a day when it was a 1 crowd level wise. We were there a couple of weeks ago and TSM definitely did not have that short of a wait at 9:25. It was far more crowded inside.
They said in the video it was predicted as a 1, but was actually a 4.

I believe they are checking bags before the tapstiles, so lines are not really forming at the tapstiles before park opening. Then they are letting people enter the park before actual opening, at least on non-EMH days and maybe on EMH days too. People crowd next to Starbuck's. When the park opens, they are walking people to the different areas of the park. If you get there before the park opens, then the bag check will not matter. They have been doing the same thing at Animal Kingdom as well. If you get there too early, security may not be at the bag check, like more than an hour before opening. I am always really embarrassed when that happens, because we could have been sleeping longer:oops:

Haven't been there, but have been checking SDD wait times at park opening all during this past week, and it has varied from 60 minutes to 85 minutes.

I boarded the ride at 9:02. When I got off, the wait times said 45 minutes. Hope that helps!

So, it’s not as crazy as Flight of Passage is/was? When we were there last November, the wait time for that would be 4 hours immediately after park opening.

I had assumed this would be that busy as well. This seems doable without a FP.

I believe they are checking bags before the tapstiles, so lines are not really forming at the tapstiles before park opening. Then they are letting people enter the park before actual opening, at least on non-EMH days and maybe on EMH days too. People crowd next to Starbuck's. When the park opens, they are walking people to the different areas of the park. If you get there before the park opens, then the bag check will not matter. They have been doing the same thing at Animal Kingdom as well. If you get there too early, security may not be at the bag check, like more than an hour before opening. I am always really embarrassed when that happens, because we could have been sleeping longer:oops:

Well, it looks like my EMH morning just got cancelled. Boo!!!! I'm seriously not happy that Disney reduced hours two weeks before my trip. I have FP for TSM on day 1 and SDD on day 5, so I may not RD at all. The non-EMH RD doesn't look like much fun at all - those TSL crowds are a bit scary! We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter