recent visit to POR

P

Penny's mom

We returned from POR on Saturday. It's as beautiful as ever. We have been to POR 13 years running and we do love it!! The room was clean...but the armoire did have a very musty smell. We requested a handicapped room close to the main building, but as usual, the front desk tried to place in the Mansions in Parterre Place. The wooden bridges are brutal for someone in a wheelchair. I explained nicely that this would not be acceptable and we were changed to room 1602. The front desk was apologetic because our preference for building 14 could not be met because 14 and 15 had closed that day!!! Workers were all over those buildings for the entire week....it looked like the AC and electrical were being tackled first. We didn't hear any noise and we were not bothered by any of the renovation.
The food court was fully open. The chef's salad is a steal and could easily feed 2-3 people. The buses were sometimes erratic and long waits happened more than once. My husband was using a wheelchair and we had several problems finding a bus with a working ramp. The bus drivers were as frustrated as we were. They do a great job and are very compassionate.
The parks were not crowded .....there were crowds by noontime but in the AM and late afternoon there were no lines. Epcot seemed desolate most of the time. I did hear that AK was mobbed, but the morning we went everything was quite doable.
We have been to the Poly, WL and CBR....POR has them all beat for value. We will be back next year. If you have an upcoming trip planned, you will not be disappointed!!!!

I too Liked that bld 14.....we were there maybe four times .....thanks for letting us know about your trip....you are right about the bus drivers and wheelchairs.....they were very nice to us when we took my mother in law a year ago.......

POR is one of my two favorite WDW resorts. If I could afford it, I'd move there. :) Glad to hear that you had such a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter