Reception at Citricos?

hAm53

hi!!!
I was looking around on YourFairyTale.com, and saw that Citricos is only open for dinner, so its a great spot to have a late afternoon reception. However, can you still have some entertainment there (probably only the jazz trio or someting small. not the 6 piece big band)? We're looking at about 50-75 guests.
She wants to get hitched at sunset pointe, and we think Citricos would be a good compliment to the ceremony. Plus with all of the great windows, and lights, we wouldn't need to get as many decorations to fill the place like we would in one of the salons.
We're a little worried that it'll seem more like a big meal as opposed to a reception if we can't get some music or something.
Any clues?
Thanks.

~Chris

Not a clue on this one, though I can't think of any reason why you couldn't have entertainment. I would call up FTW, maybe they could answer this.

You should join the Disneymooners list; there are many, many more couples getting married at WDW there, as opposed to the few on here and the multitude of WDW honeymooners only. There have been Disneymooners that had a reception at Citrico's, so someone there will probably be able to answer your question.
The link to the group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneymooners
Cheers!
Heather

We had our reception at Citricos this past November! It was beautiful! I'll post a link to pictures tonight from home (I'm at work now).

We had 25 people total plus a DJ and we had PLENTY of extra room! And all of us were up and dancing most of the time and we all fit with room to spare. We were all in the rotunda end of the room, so there was that whole, long rectangular section left over. I would think that it would easily fit your # of guests.

The only decorations we had were centerpieces which were very simple. It's such a pretty restaurant, nothing more is needed (IMHO).

You can customize the menu there - you get to pick from the Grand Floridian catering menus. We had a 12-1 pre-reception and a 1-5 reception. We had a chicken and a beef dish. The table sizes vary. We had one table of 6, one of 8, a sweetheart table for 2, stuff like that - which actually worked well for our group - but you may or may not like that idea. (They work with the existing tables from Citricos, they don't bring others in).

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or post here and I'll post that link later today!

HTH,
Lori

Lori - Those pictures are fabulous! I love the flowers - such a beautiful display. I hope you don't mind but I have a few questions -

The Mickey head straws - did you buy them to use or were they provided?

Favor tags - did you make them yourself? They are awesome!

Julie
(who is getting married in November at WDW)

Aw thanks Julie!

The straws were provided, but just for dh and I. It was a cute touch at our sweetheart table.

Rosie from Disney Floral did our flowers and I must say I was totally pleased with them. I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted, but I sent her lots of pics and pointed out things I liked and didn't like and she hit the nail on the head!

The favor tags we made ourselves - let me tell you, cutting out all those Mickey heads was NOT fun! :p

Lori

Thanks for the pics Lori. That pretty much clinched the location for us. :)
~Chris

Glad I could help Chris! I think you'll both be very pleased :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter