"Reception" for DCL Wedding

Nicole786

DIS Veteran
Hi!

My fiance and I have decided on a DCL wedding in Fall 2020 (still waiting for sailings to release) We've done a lot of research and have a good understanding of everything thats included, and some of the options that can be added. We're expecting around 30 guests in an atrium ceremony aboard the Dream. My question is for those who have experience with the "Cake and champagne" celebration. What exactly does that look like? Is there any coordinator at the cake and champagne ceremony to orchestrate our entrance/first dance/father daughter dances etc. If not, is there an upgrade option to have a more traditional reception?

Thanks for any guidance!

Yes to both! There is a standard order in which the cake & Champagne reception runs that includes first dances, and your coordinator stays through those. You can also make the event feel more like a traditional reception by extending the time, adding food and drinks, and even adding a DJ.

You can get a feel for the way DCL weddings traditionally run by listening to my numerous interviews with cruise couples on the Disney Wedding Podcast: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/category/disney-cruise-line/

The most recent interview is with a couple who added a full reception with DJ. The second most recent couple also extended their cake & Champagne reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!