reception sites

sweet7696

I almost met the Isleys!
Does anyone know of any good reception sites where MK Fireworks or Illuminations can be seen? I would actually prefer to have my reception in Epcot during Illuminations. Anyone know the prices for that?? Thanks!! =o)
Jess

There are several venue options for an Illuminations reception. We had a dessert party after our regular reception at the patio off to the side of the Rose and Crown Pub in the UK. There also are sites in France (several) and Italy, and there may be others also. The wedding coordinator can assist you with what will work best for your party size and style you are seeking.

I'm having my reception at the CA Grill. I never remember if I have Napa or Sonoma, but the one I have has a view of the fireworks and the castle. This way, if it rains, you won't be outside on the patio at Epcot.

I'm also doing the desert for Illuminations as a "farewell."

The price for my rececption is minumum $3000. Not too bad for a nice view of fireworks!

Do you have any pictures of the Napa Room?? That was my first choice for a reception, but it is hard to pin down fireworks times. I guess my EM (when I finally get one!) would or should be able to help with that. What kind of menu are you having?
Jess

I don't have photos, but we did get to see it. If you're going to go down for an initial meeting (we went down for the initial meeting, but we're doing the "planning session" over the phone), let them know you want to see that reception site. It's a really nice room with a great view.

Our reception is between 7:30 and 11pm, so the fireworks will be between that time period - whether it's going to be 9pm or 10pm, we don't know. Plus, our wedding is in August, so it's still the "summer season." If you were having it in, say, October, I'd be a little concerned that there weren't having them at all, but you can. If they aren't having fireworks, I think the other room has a view of Epcot and then you could see Illuminations. I'm not sure, but you can ask about that, too, so you at least you have SOMEthing cool to look at.

We're having a few flatbreads (of course!) and the Tamarind BBQ Beef Fillet and Jumbo Shrimp main dish. If anyone has a HUGE problem with beef, we're going to get a special chicken dish, but the group is really small (25 people), so it will be easy to control without giving actual CHOICES.

My planning session should be taking place in a few weeks, so if I get anymore information I'll let you know. I really do suggest going down there and asking your sales manager to show you the room. They drive you around in a silver Cadillac, it's a real treat!!

:D

Here's my email address: sweet7696@hotmail.com
Email me when you get back! We are doing our planning session next year (our wedding date is May 17, 2004). I know that MK probably won't have fireworks on our date, but the view of the Castle is still nice. You say the other room might have a view of Epcot?? I'll have to check that out too! Our wedding is going to be small also, about 20 people or so. If you wouldn't mind, maybe we could email each other with wedding plans and such. =o)
Jess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!