Recipe for Cucumber Salad?

Valerie-Ann

Earning My Ears
Hi, I just got back from WDW, and really liked a cucumber salad I tried at Crystal Palace.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it!
It has a slightly creamy dressing with a little sweetness to it.

Thanks,
Valerie

I don't have the specific recipe that you were looking for, but I do have this one:

Cucumber in Sour Cream Salad

ingredients for 1 servings:
1 ea Med cucumber thin sl 3 cups
1/2 c Sour cream
2 ea Drops of tabasco
1 ts Dill seed or fresh chop dill
1 tb White vinegar
2 tb Chopped chives
1 ea Dash of pepper

Preparation: Sprinkle the cucumber with salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Dry on peper towel. Combine sour cream, vinegar, tabasco, chives, dill seed and pepper. Pour over cucumber. Chill well before using. Garnish with fresh dill.

Thanks Beth.

I may just try it for our party this Sunday.
I think the cucumber salad at Crystal Palace had some sort of Asian influence.

I'm also somplace in the great state of NJ.

~Valerie

I just had some cucumbers that were sliced in some kind of sweet vinegar with red onion slices. Does anyone know this recipe?

A lady from India made a delicious cucumber, tomato and yogurt salad. When I asked her what herbs/spices were in the yogurt she wouldn't tell me. Has anyone had anything like that? I'd love the recipe.

Here's a really simple recipe.

1 cup mayo (the real stuff)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups sliced cucumbers

In a bowl, combine mayo, sugar, vinegar, and salt. Add cucumbers; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings

Sometimes it helps to disgorge the cucumbers of their liquid before you make this up. After you slice them, lightly salt and leave in a colander for 15 minutes. Rinse briefly with water, then press out the excess liquid on paper towels. You don't have to do this step, but the salad can get a little too watering if it's stored in the frig overnight. If you do this first, you might want to forgoe the salt in the recipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter