Recipe for Geyser Point Teriyaki Wings

limitdis

Mouseketeer
Pete has me really wanting to try these chicken wings from Geyser Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Does anyone know the recipe? Will Disney share it if we ask nicely? Is there an email available to ask or would I need to call wilderness lodge? Thanks

I can't imagine it's any fancier than browning some chicken wings and glazing them with teriyaki sauce.

What I do when making teriyaki meats is to heat some oil in a large skillet over medium heat. I'd salt and pepper the wings, letting them sit for 10-15 minutes. Not much salt as the soy sauce will add quite a lot of saltiness.

You can buy bottled teriyaki sauce in most groceries of any size or make your own teriyaki sauce as I do:

1/2 c soy sauce or tamari (Kikkoman if possible and not La Choy which is Chinese. There's a flavor difference.)
1/2 c mirin (sweetened Japanese cooking wine. Look for Aji-mirin, a common type)
1/2 c sake (can substitute dry sherry)
1/4 c sugar

Stir the above ingredients in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Heat to boiling over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly or make ahead and store in a jar in the fridge.

If using it right away for the chicken wings, just brown the wings nicely and reduce heat to medium-low, draining off excess oil. Return skillet to heat and pour teriyaki sauce over, turning wings and cooking down the sauce until wings are well glazed. If you like them saucy, you can add a bit more as needed or cook until most of the liquid is gone for drier wings.

If the sauce bubbles up fiercely at first, you've too much heat. Lower it somewhat, or you may scorch the sauce.

Serve fancy, garnished with thinly-sliced green onions if you like, or simply dump them onto a platter and dig in.

Last edited:
I don’t know about the wings @ geyser point recipe but you can Google the recipe for the wings at the Poly, which we think are much better. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter