Recommendation for a Smart TV

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Thinking about upgrading our family to a Smart TV for Christmas. We currently have a regular flat screen with a Nividia Shield, and we don't have cable-just streaming networks.

I've heard that some brands don't operate as smoothly as others, with some excessive lag time between navigating through the options.

We are partial to Vizio, but open to other brands that are durable and smooth running.

What brands/models would you recommend?

I got my very first Smart TV this last Spring and am very happy with it. It's a Vizio. Happy watching on your eventual new TV :)

Good deals at Costco.
Whatever you choose, Costco is a good place to buy a tv. Just got a Costco flyer in the mail promoting Christmas sales, LOTS of choices for TVs. Also check out user reviews on the Costco website.:)

We have both Samsung and Vizio. Are very happy with both, and have had no issues with either brand

We got a Toshiba smart 55" TV about a year ago. Easy to set up and use.

We recently got a Sony OLED. Totally gorgeous picture. But I, like a PP, also use my Roku and not the smart TV functions.

I love my Samsung. The ease in navigation of the aps is crucial. Make sure you try out the remote and see how easy it is to navigate.

In 2016 we got a TCL for our bedroom and really like it. At the time they were running a deal--49" model for $279. It has Roku built in and I like the interface, plus you can plug earphones into the remote and listen without bugging the other person. It has 4K/HDR capability but I'm not sure if we actually get anything 4K. We just like the picture and the Roku interface.

For 4K and HDR, you can stream that with Amazon Prime for some shows. You can get 4K streaming on YouTube. And the new consoles coming out will have 4K players built in.

We got a 55" TCL Smart TV last year at Costco. It has Roku built in and we like it. Great picture and easy to set up and use. I agree that Costco is the place to buy. You can compare a lot of the TVs right in the store and Costco gives you an additional year on the warranty not to mention the generous return policy. Cheers!!!!!!

Thought I'd add that I bought a Vizio earlier this year and have been happy with it. It's not the "gold standard" of tvs but it's very good and the next gen thing will be along before this one dies.

In researching TVs it seemed like those TCL units got a number of "best bang for the buck" comments. I'd have probably chosen a TCL over the Vizio but Costco didn't have the model I wanted.

In researching TVs it seemed like those TCL units got a number of "best bang for the buck" comments. I'd have probably chosen a TCL over the Vizio but Costco didn't have the model I wanted.

There are really two options. A cheap TCL or an expensive LG OLED. The stuff in the middle just costs more.

In 2016 we got a TCL for our bedroom and really like it. At the time they were running a deal--49" model for $279. It has Roku built in and I like the interface, plus you can plug earphones into the remote and listen without bugging the other person. It has 4K/HDR capability but I'm not sure if we actually get anything 4K. We just like the picture and the Roku interface.

The TCL's are great - I got a 55" 6 series last year and love it. They just clearanced out last years and two of my friends both bought them - $399! They have built in Roku too, so they are definitely ready for Disney+ etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter