Recommendation for a Smart TV

We have a Vizio and TCL. I like them both. Honestly to me it's the platform that matters most to me. I find Roku based tvs to be the easiest to navigate and I have no issues getting the APPS we want. My living room tv works with my echo which is nice.

Some folk mentioning their love for Vizio. Are they the Smartcast Vizios? Did you not recently have a lot of problems with yours lately with updates?

I got my Vizio 55" 4k Smartcast 2 years ago. It's not the greatest and the price reflects that. I wish it wasn't sometimes so dark. I am constantly adjusting the brightness between some stuff I watch. Some stuff being too dark aside, it looks great. I have more issues with the apps loading and shows/movies starting in 480p instead of 1080p or 2160p and having to shut them down and reopen them.

Originally did not have a user interface. You used your phone just as you do with a Chromecast. About 6 months after I bought it, I suddenly turned it on to a user interface. A bit surprised with that.

This past 4 months or so, it's been getting updates and I would have to go into the Admin settings and do a power reboot several times to get the user interface up. Other times apps don't load, they are just sitting with a dark screen.

Lately though it hasn't been too bad. Youtube (my main TV viewing) still occasionally starts and gets stuck on a dark screen and I have to cycle the power to get it back. Also there is an eco and quick power setting which eco should turn it completely off which I want and quick power starts where you left off on the user interface. They both do the same thing for me now. I wanted it to restart from scratch to try to battle the stuck loading, but it still opened up the same as I shut it down.

We have gone through a lot of TVs recently with kids moving to college, kids moving out, donating an old TV to my in-laws, and getting two new ones for the home. We have used Vizio, Sony, Samsung, and LG. The only one we had any trouble with hooking up to the internet was an older Vizio Smartcast. It went to my daughter's new apartment. She had WiFi but for some reason it wouldn't connect. We even tried an ethernet connection. My son worked with it for about 3 hours and finally it just connected. We don't know why it took that long or why it had problems. It is working well for my daughter though. Since the other three have had no problems in the Smart TV area, I would rate them as far as picture 1. Sony, 2. LG, and 3. Samsung. The Sony is their top of the line since I didn't want to wait on the new LG OLED (actually, I didn't want to pay $1500 for the size I needed). I bought an LG UHD for our bedroom and it was under $300. For the money, it has a great picture. So, I kind of wish I had bought the larger LG for the Living Room since the smaller one had such a good picture considering the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!