Recommendation for frizzy hair?

msdroz

DIS Veteran
So my hair never likes the Florida summer weather. I usually throw it up in a ponytail and/or wear a visor but we'd like to have some character pics taken, and have a few nice ones with our memory maker. Any heavy duty roduct out there that you would recommend for frizzy hot mess hair and flyaways? Thanks in advance!

Same problem...but for the most part my hair becomes a little tame in the FL humidity. I just got HASK 5 -in-1 leave in spray and 1 day use has tamed my frizz ball of a hair-do.

I have been trying any and all sorts of products so if someone else has any other ideas....

Last edited:
Monat hair products has been helping my hair. I live in Florida. We went to universal last Sunday and my hair still looked great by the time we left. I have only been using Monat for about a month.

Nothing. I cringe when I see my photos. I get my hair perfect in the room and the SECOND I step outside POOF my hair frizzes up to a huge puff ball. The only thing I can do is pony tail and hat.

We used got2b for my daughter when she danced, as she has hair that likes to frizz. A whole competition day, and not a hair out of place. It is a bit heavy-duty though, not sure anyone would want that amount of control for vacation?

I use Liquid Effects. It dries crunchy if you let it air dry, but I scrunch out the crunch. I’m frizz free all day!

Not a product, and you might not be interested in changing your hair, but when I lived in Orlando I sometimes would go to the hairdressers and have my hair permanently straightened, and that helped a lot. Now I've gone the opposite route and I'm getting my hair permed so I have wavy hair. I might not be completely be rid of the frizz, but it looks okay with the wavy hair, and all I have to do to freshen up my hair is to drag my fingers through to tame it, or wet it to revive the curls, which is great. In the past I would dread the rain as my hair would look horrible and go all frizzy when it started drying, but now it actually makes my hair look better :cutie:

The Living Proof No Frizz line has been a miracle for me. I tried it in anticipation of a Disney trip 5+ years ago and use it daily.
I had success with this a few years ago. I tried it last summer but found it didn’t work as well then...could be that it was much warmer and more humid than the previous time I tried it (which was in January). I’m still on a search for something else to try.

It’s a slight comfort to know other women deal with this. I walk around the parks and see so many ladies with perfect-looking hair and just can’t even imagine how they do it. Why doesn’t their hair frizz?! Mine is a mess the second I step out of the hotel. I can make it look great for dinners at our resort, and it looks good-ish for dinners at other resorts (only if I throw a hairbrush in my purse and brush it out after we get inside), but at the parks...forget it. I don’t understand all of the magically straight and/or perfect looking hair!!

Garnier Anti Humidity Smoothing Milk and Sleek and Shine serum did the trick for me last time I went in August. This year, I have a pixie cut which is the BEST way to combat the frizzies, but it's not for everyone. I love my short hair. Wash, throw in some styling cream, and go. NO FRIZZ!

I use a few drops of Morrocan Oil (don’t bother with other Argon oils) and It’s a 10 leave-in spray. These products work very well for smoothing and adding shine. In fact, my hair feels completely different after using It’s a 10.

Matrix has some great no blow dry creams. As do Pureolgy & Alterna.

I highly recommend WOW dream coat. It's a spray in product that lasts 2-3 washings to keep frizz at bay. Just spray it on wet hair, dry, style and go. It works wonders!!!

I live here and it's a never ending issue in the summer months. Just pull it back in a tight braided style you like, throw on a Mickey ears headband to catch the stragglers and call it a day. Your on vacation! Just roll with it cause odds are no matter what products you use or how long you spend styling it the humidity is going to make it frizz like crazy anyway.

I agree with the Garnier..our last trip we used It's a 10 shampoo and conditioner for first time and was very pleased. Finished hair with Garnier Full control hair spray. Used it's a 10 leave in before flat ironing daughter's hair, liked that as well. Have also used Garnier Sleek and Shiny flat iron spray.

Nothing. I cringe when I see my photos. I get my hair perfect in the room and the SECOND I step outside POOF my hair frizzes up to a huge puff ball. The only thing I can do is pony tail and hat.

Picture picture picture please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter