Recommendations for kids with different Abilities

Courtney Ruport

Earning My Ears
We are planning a Disney World vacation for the end of July/beginning of August. It is my husband, myself, our 3 boys and my mother-in-law going. We are going for 12 days. My mother-in-law is taking each of our sons for 1 day each. Each of my kids are different though. Our oldest is 6, very intelligent, and a big risk taker (whereas my mil is not) My middle son is 5 and intellectually disabled and scares easily, and has major anxiety when it comes to the unknown, especially heights. Then there is our baby. He is 2 and is physically disabled with spastic diplegia (cerebal palsy) in his legs and partially in his arms, but is very smart. He can walk though with his braces on his feet, but will also have a stroller with because of the amount of walking at each park. Each kid is so specifically crafted by God that I am just seeking input from others if there was things you would recommend, or steer clear from either when they are all together or separated.

You should check out the DISability section of the board. I'll bet they'll have some great suggestions for you! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter